Pro Wrestling Only

Promotions, who is getting what?

Grimmas

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I did some calculating this morning because it seemed like the thing to do.

The WWF has 37 wrestlers.

GCW has 27.

There are 15 total promotions not including these two (with myself and Boon included in this number).

So:

If Rain's friend picks WWF, 14 promotions will be picking from 27. This is tricky, but I think we at least need to allow Boon 5 guys out of the 10 total he can pick that are free and clear without having to drop anyone. This leaves 22 with very likely some decent guys for the first round and jobbers in the second for the first 8. I would be open to Boon having six or seven free picks because do any of us need that many jobbers?

If Rain's friend picks Georgia, 14 promotions split from 37. I would hold myself to the five I suggested for Boon and say that perhaps 6 or 7 would be in order. Thing with the WWF roster is that after the top, things get pretty jobbery pretty fast. Having a crack at 32 guys, giving everyone twice through, is all well and good. But the reality of what you'd be getting is somewhat less happy.

That being said, I got Goldie Rogers off of a merger draft. I looked at the names left when it got close to me, did some youtubing and googling and saw something I could use. One man's garbage can be another man's trash. 80% of the time it probably isn't going to be but I imagine there are some diamonds in the rough at least from a midcard standpoint to both rosters.

Oh and option number three also. If Rain's friend decides to be not interested at all. 64 total workers available, perhaps a few more if we add VKM and various famous WWF personnel that may interest folks. Again I would go with a baseline of five that Boon and I got to cherry pick before we gave anyone up. This leaves 54 for 13 promotions. With all of the caveats above, this is less attractive than it might be (4 picks gauranteed), but still has merit as far as increasing roster size.

This is all, of course, my take on things and open to criticism and change.

Personal will be huge in this dispersal when they happen. Some people have some shitty announcers and interviewers,.

To be honest, more interested in towns then wrestlers.

Wasn't the original idea that you leave at least one person to be drafted for each promotion and you can take the rest or is there a max number you can take?

Okay, so if I pick up 5 do I drop 5? Because that makes things difficult?

For example I pick up, Reed, Roberts, Orndoff, Armstrong and Buzz (woah that's scarily decent), I would t be dropping Rich, Armstrong, Mantell, Fuller and Golden. I'd be dropping lower card guys, which instantly leaves me lop sided. Do I need to drop if I pick up? Reason being, my roster size is 28 and 33 wouldn't be out of the question surely?

Previously when we did a merger draft, the person taking over would choose who to make available for a draft (equaling one per remaining promotion) which honestly is why my roster went from good to amazing in a week. I don't see any reason to change that at this point as it has worked out well.

Now if someone didn't want to keep that many and chose to make more available, I'd say that's up to them.

Oh, okay. I recall it being Wahoo getting 10 while having to drop 6. So the person would have to merge rosters and make 14 or 13 available? I very honestly can't see pulling 24 members of the WWF roster and having use for half of them. If anything I'd take maybe several jobber/lower midcard types to shore that up some, but beyond that the majority of the roster would be released. I didn't realize it had been quite as generous as that. Doesn't change my thinking on how I'd go about things all that much. I'd do 9 at most and toss the rest into a draft.

Oh, okay. I recall it being Wahoo getting 10 while having to drop 6. So the person would have to merge rosters and make 14 or 13 available? I very honestly can't see pulling 24 members of the WWF roster and having use for half of them. If anything I'd take maybe several jobber/lower midcard types to shore that up some, but beyond that the majority of the roster would be released. I didn't realize it had been quite as generous as that. Doesn't change my thinking on how I'd go about things all that much. I'd do 9 at most and toss the rest into a draft.

I'm similar, I may even replace some of mine and release some guys...

I think I get why I am remembering it that way. Portland had roughly 22 guys. Wahoo's had 18 promotions he had to leave picks for. So when he picked 10 guys, he had to throw six back into the mix to make an even 18. So now that rosters are bigger and the amount of promotions is smaller, when these things happen the benefits get a little bigger if you want them to be.

I think I get why I am remembering it that way. Portland had roughly 22 guys. Wahoo's had 18 promotions he had to leave picks for. So when he picked 10 guys, he had to throw six back into the mix to make an even 18. So now that rosters are bigger and the amount of promotions is smaller, when these things happen the benefits get a little bigger if you want them to be.

Is it possible to have a decision before next weekends loop on whether this is happening...