Pro Wrestling Only

Promotions, who is getting what?

Grimmas

I'm also sensing, Something big will happen up in New York if the decision is made that's it's absorbed...

Honestly, if WWF dies then Maple Leaf is changing it's name and running Boston Gardens, Spectrum, MSG and Joe Louis arena. If somebody else wants to run there, we will talk.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also sensing, Something big will happen up in New York if the decision is made that's it's absorbed...

Honestly, if WWF dies then Maple Leaf is changing it's name and running Boston Gardens, Spectrum, MSG and Joe Louis arena. If somebody else wants to run there, we will talk.

I guess I have that question with the name change thing. Do we have free reign over that with our promotion? Could Mid South become the UWF at some point or could I upend it and move things around and have it become a whole new promotion?

I have a specific question in regards to like ECW... not Extreme but Eastern Championship Wrestling. Is it illegal for me to uproot Mid South and become something like that?

I'd like more than a yes or no if possible and this is just a discussion question and not a plan of mine, just wanted to see what the protocol would be on this kind of a situation.

I guess I have that question with the name change thing. Do we have free reign over that with our promotion? Could Mid South become the UWF at some point or could I upend it and move things around and have it become a whole new promotion?

I have a specific question in regards to like ECW... not Extreme but Eastern Championship Wrestling. Is it illegal for me to uproot Mid South and become something like that?

I'd like more than a yes or no if possible and this is just a discussion question and not a plan of mine, just wanted to see what the protocol would be on this kind of a situation.

I suppose you could do it if it didnt invade someone else's area from the same governing body. Im intrigued what you'd do...

It is merely a conversation piece, I do like the territory that I have with Oklahoma Louisiana and Houston. The conversation I was just bringing up would be would it be possible for a promotion to come in for to say we are no longer going to be MidSouth I'm going to change my name to Eastern Championship Wrestling and move my product into the Eastern Market. Or if I were to say I was going to dissolve MidSouth in turn it into West Coast Wrestling and run California in all of those areas.

I know it is kind of weird things, and how much people take into account what the name means when it comes to expanding or something like that. It wouldn't make sense for Mid South wrestling to run in Los Angeles if you were just going by the name but even with what the current WWE is done you rarely hear World Wrestling Entertainment it is just WWE it could be the same way for MSW. The idea of changing over to the UWF would not be for a while and wouldn't come until my roster had at least 15 more people so that it wouldn't kind of seemed like a universal thing rather than just a ploy to try and expand the namesake of my company by changing up the words.

It seems like every one is in a rush to end the territory system and move on to the mess we have today. I love the idea of my small 3 city territory in Memphis. I guess I am so new to all this that I already feel overwhelmed.

If so many of you want to start new organizations and go global, I guess it would only seems natural that the next NWA Champion comes from Memphis. Do I hear Lawler or Idol? Or maybe The first African American Champion.... Ernie The Other King Ladd.

I am just kidding with all of this. Go as big as you all want but I loved the Territory system. This all seems very political and video game like.

Really? I want to run Quebec and make monthly excursions into the Maritimes. Not like a French-speaking promotion is going to really catch on with live shows in a lot of other places anyways. :) Just so happens I like the idea of rotating big name, big talent tag teams in and out on my own schedule instead of on the luck of getting trades.

Well then I'm confused.

So if you're keeping Southeastern as your promotion, why do you automatically get Georgia towns? I thought the whole absorption thing was just about talent. Like for MACW, I get WWC talent if Boricua ever dropped out, but it makes no sense for MACW to run Puerto Rico.

If it includes towns, MACW should have been next in line to absorb Florida or Georgia or WWF.

In the end, I'm not gonna go to war or anything over this because it's not that important to me, but it doesn't seem right for San Juan to be the best location MACW can absorb in its future.

If it includes towns, MACW should have been next in line to absorb Florida or Georgia or WWF.

That was my argument for why you and WWF should be linked up but you kept arguing against it because you said Parv wasn't going to drop out and you didn't want to be linked to him.