Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Talk September 28 to October 4

Grimmas

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of talk that that was the worst Raw of the year. Alvarez was basically saying such on twitter. I thought it was bad but no worse than usual. I guess people really hated that Kane/Rollins angle. Was it blatantly breaking kayfabe? Yeah but Kane is really great in this role. I hate that he is in the man event and I hate that I'm enjoying it but he's been hitting a homerun the last 2 weeks

and Reigns looked like a pretty big star in the main event. Crowd was finally popping for the first time tonight. Best he's looked since Shield days

The big difference is that LU is a TV show that happens to be about wrestling, and does it well. RAW most weeks is a wrestling program trying to be like a TV show and failing.

I like Kane the Happy Director a lot, but when he got put in the ambulance and came out as the demon (with smoke and light effects), that was some straight up Shockmaster level bad.

Only saw the first segment + match(es).

Thought Woods/Cena and the six-man were both really strong. Woods was absolutely excellent in both and I'm guessing Cena appreciated having a bit of a "night off." I don't mean to imply that Cena was anything less than his usual good-to-great, but this was exactly what I wanted out of him after months of arguably overblown matches with Owens, Rollins, and Cesaro.

Cena's work in the six-tag also made me wonder if anyone has ever talked about Cena in tag situations. Maybe something for the Microscope? I don't have an opinion either way, but I'm sure the body of work is there to see if he's bad, average, or good. I thought he was really good here, selling for New Day masterfully. I especially like what he did for Big E, who, at one point, hit him with a shoulder block that Cena bounced all the way to the heel corner from and, the cherry on top, ate a nasty spear to the outside that company ace John friggin' Cena didn't need to take.

I read the rest of the show is not great, but if you told me that the show declined from here on out, I'd believe you - the top 4 reasons to watch RAW were done by 8:30.

There's going to be a lot of hate for Kane-Rollins that's ultimately "tis isn't in the Aztec Temple so it sucks".

Remind me what LU character played by a worker as shitty as Kane has been on TV for 17 years straight already ?

Blue Demon Jr and Chavo are pretty close

Chavo is a good worker. And Chavo's LU character is probably the coolest of his career, and was fresh too.

And I haven't heard one good thing said about Blue Demon in LU either, everybody seems to agree he was worthless there too. So...

Is Cena doing the open challenge again?

Yeah. New Day answered the challenge, then had to choose which one of the three to wrestle. They chose Woods. Ref kicked Big E. & Kofi from ringside. Cena had Woods in the STF & was gonna beat him, so Big E. & Kofi ran back out to cause the DQ. Which made the Dudleys run out. That's how it became a 6-man tag.

That all happened in the first 1/2 hour of the show & was easily the highlight of the night.

Also, I'm I the only one kinda surprised Rollins hasn't had much backlash for this ratings and "meh" house show numbers? I get he's Hunter's guy but it's still weird seeing a guy with his backround not having enemies in the back that are feeding Keller, Johnson and Meltzer stories about the company having doubts about him as their top guy like they did with Punk and Bryan.

On the other hand, I'm glad we are past that kinda discussion and it's almost consensus that no matter who's on top, if the product is as stale as it has been it's almost impossible to get good results. But still, kinda weird there's no noise about it.

The question becomes what can they even do at this point?

Bring back Jeff Hardy and clear Daniel Bryan? No clue if that would work at all ratings wise - and putting aside the fact that both those things are highly unlikely to happen - but I'm not sure who they can rely on to give the roster and their product a refreshing boost.