Pro Wrestling Only

Hell In A Cell 2015... Live As It Happens

goodhelmet

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn I've been reading all the results up untill the Brock-Taker conversations started, cuz I'm hopefully checking out that match tonight and I'm going to try and not spoil it.

I'm happy about Del Rio! I just watched him, Mistico and my boy T-1000 Rey Mysterio v. Morrison, Matt Hardy and Ken Kennedy last night. Usually surprise opponent matches aren't the best of the series because the Champion has to sell how un prepared he is, so almost any counters, or interesting gameplay a have to be thrown out. I jumped on the Del Rio bandwagon in 2013 when he finally turned into a great worker and a credible World Heavyweight champion. On PPV he had the 2 Big Show matches, 2 RVD matches, the awesome Ziggler match where he destroyed Dolphs head because of concussions and the John Cena WHC match at this same HIAC PPV '13.

I want New Day to smash through the Dudleyz in the predictable Tables match next month, BUT only if we can get a Bubba Ray heel turn and have him back as a singles guy like in TNA 2011-2013. That was by far the best period of his career and produced some of my favorite TNA matches with AJ & Aries. I'm not saying rip TNA Bully Ray off, but rip TNA Bully Ray off. Or even make him a face mid carder like on 2002 Raw I loved that run, if only he had gotten in 2012 shape, in 2002, he might not have gotten back stuck with Dvon. Dvon is not the "Marty Jannetty" of the team, because that is an insult to Marty who ruled.

Did Bray or Roman win?

By the way Jim Ross needs to find Cornette and hit the pasture because I have no idea what he is complaining about in the Reigns vs Wyatt match. Sounds like he is complaining that nobody can tell who the good guys and bad guys were in the match. Even if you watched the pre show that should be really obvious

I had a good time watching this show over at a buddy's house. Wrestling is a lot more enjoyable when you're watching it with other people, get some food, get some drinks & are able to just talk over the stuff you don't care so much about.

Certainly beats watching at home alone on my computer and just being bitter about everything anyway. :D

Really enjoyed Nikki Bella tonight. I have no problem saying she's way better than Charlotte. Never got the love for Charlotte, especially from people like Meltzer.

She IS way better than Charlotte. Has actual personality, shows it every moment in the ring in her offense and character and can get a good crowd reaction. She's a casualty in HHH's disdain for Cena lately it would seem to me. Personally I find Charlotte the weak link of the divas division, with Paige, Sasha, Becky and Nikki all way ahead of her.

I had a good time watching this show over at a buddy's house. Wrestling is a lot more enjoyable when you're watching it with other people, get some food, get some drinks & are able to just talk over the stuff you don't care so much about.

Certainly beats watching at home alone on my computer and just being bitter about everything anyway. :D

Really enjoyed Nikki Bella tonight. I have no problem saying she's way better than Charlotte. Never got the love for Charlotte, especially from people like Meltzer.

Yeah, your first point is so correct. I usually watch with my brother (he is at college now) and now incidentally my friend started watching wrestling at the beginning of 2014. So he came over and we were talking. He was like that was a pretty damn good show. In the back of mind, I was like thats because we talked straight through Rollins/Kane and Ryback/Owens. It definitely makes for a more fun product.

I will leave watching kickass Tito Santana for myself to watch.

I already stated Nikki Bella is fucking awesome. The only other thing I wanted to note was "Caucasian Kamala" and Bubba Ray following up with the belly slapping was the best thing in wrestling all year.

I won't say a beef but I've always felt Hunter's not exactly a huge John Cena fan. And having his idol's daughter beat Cena's girlfriend despite her being far better and way more over is the sort of subtle stuff Hunter does in his sleep.

Not that SOMEONE didn't need to end that title run but the fan base was screaming for it to be Sasha clearly.

Last time someone bladed in WWE (Batista I think?) they got heavily fined. Should be interesting to see what happens when it's Mr. No-Fucks-Given Lesnar and the Locker Room Jesus who do it.

Triple H and Taker were fined for doing chair shots to the head in WM 27 so it's not like Taker in untouchable.

Here's my thoughts on the show:

Kickoff Match- A good table setter for the night. Cesaro and Rusev worked especially hard on this match. Not as good as the touted NJPW/ROH six mans of this year but a fun tag between six good workers. ***1/4

Cena vs Del Rio- Funny thing was I wasn't shocked at all with Del Rio's return. It's been a rumored thing and the eerie thing was that I had a conversation with my brother about this man, so my reaction to this was oh it's Del Rio. Now to the match, it wasn't good. It seemed like these two did not click at all, the pacing sucked, both were phoning it in as it seemed. The finish made me mad because Cena couldn't tap to the arm breaker, it was a backcracker then a super kick that put him away. I was bored with this match. **1/4

Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt- These two worked hard and I have to give them credit for that but again it just didn't click with me. It was the most forgettable HIAC match I've ever seen, the smoke and mirrors stuff in this match didn't work for me. I was expecting more and was disappointed with what I saw. Based on what I saw Reigns was the clear winner and there was no misdirection in the match at all and the match was predictable. No intensity, no ferocity and that is just a match and not an effective one at that. *3/4

New Day vs Dudley Boys- This was a OK match but I am tired of seeing a double down for the hot tag and I noticed that it's the most over used troupe in wrestling when Les Thatcher pointed it out at the seminar I went to at the Monster Factory this weekend. I'm tired of the fuck finishes in these tag matches and the New Day is getting old. The promo was predictable and the match was fucking ok. I was ready to give up on the PPV at this point. The match was fine but no one gets over. **1/2

Charlotte vs Nicki Bella- This was the second best match on the show and the best match on the main show if you don't count the kickoff match and it wasn't even close. Though it was sloppy at points but the match was effective and the thing is that the back selling was some of the best stuff on the show. NB is becoming a solid in ring hand and she had to carry this match because of charlotte's lack of experience. I liked the time they got as well. ***

Seth Rollins vs Kane- Seth Rollins is just really good. He's working with older people an that streak will continue and is getting serviceable matches out of a 56 year old and a 45 year old. That being said Kane as a main eventer needs to end ASAP. The in ring work was fine, nothing too memorable and Seth is a stud. ***1/4

Ryback vs Kevin Owens- This was bad but it was neither of their faults. It was a nothing match anyways. *1/2

Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar- This match saved this show and it was a smoke and mirrors type match but it needed to be that. If this wasn't on the show and Triplemania didn't happen this would have been my vote for worst major show of the year. It was a very underwhelming show, and this match didn't have the stench of the entire show. That being said, there was the intensity and ferocity in this match. It had the mezmoring spots and those moments that will stand the test of time. Good enough to save this show and enjoyed everything about it even the finishing angle. People you have got to realize that Undertaker has t oelevate somebody on his way out and Bray Wyatt is the only guy who can do that. So I had NO PROBLEM with the angle. ****

LOL at all of the silly posts about a Cena-H beef because of the way Nikki is being booked. Newsflash: No one outside this board thinks Nikki is better than Charlotte. You guys really are in a bubble if you think that's the consensus opinion anywhere other than here. It certainly isn't in the WWE. Come on now!

With that said, Nikki has worked hard and has a great character, but I think Charlotte's ceiling is much higher if she keeps improving. In only a couple of years, she's already pretty good and more of a "natural" compared to Nikki's ten years doing this. It's easy to criticize Charlotte - and I've done it too (I don't think she's a good babyface at all) - but people seem to forget how new she is at all of this. Being Ric Flair's offspring isn't a magic elixir when it comes to wrestling ability, as we saw with David Flair.

Also, it's ludicrous that there's any discussion of Nikki being "booked badly" when she just finished a record-breaking reign as Divas Champion. "Former champ gets a rematch and loses" is a standard - and boring - WWE trope, so I have no idea why people are suddenly acting like Nikki is being jobbed out.

No one outside this board thinks Nikki is better than Charlotte. You guys really are in a bubble if you think that's the consensus opinion anywhere other than here. It certainly isn't in the WWE. Come on now!

A lot of talk about it on DVDVR and Reddit after last night as well. Let's see where you stand on this after another month. Just like when people starting to turn on Dolph, now they're starting to like Nikki. Same way people are starting to like Dana in NXT now.

Can we give Nikki Bella some credit? She carried that match. Charlotte is still figuring out things and Nikki nearly died for our entertainment with that weird superplex reversal thing they did. Anyone huffing and puffing about Nikki being bad in the ring these days is either hating or just not paying attention.