Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV from November 8th to 14th of 2015

Grimmas

If Baron Corbin's aloofness is legit and not something played up for the cameras (and everything seems to indicate it's for real), I see him getting eaten alive by the crazy WWE Locker Room Respect Protocol. I can't imagine him fitting well in an environment where newbies are expected to genuflect every time a veteran walks by.

My thoughts exactly.

Well hopefully he pulls a Backlund and just travels by himself. Or a couple people that he really trusts eventually. But it does seems like he only enjoys being in his own surroundings.

How did Brock used to travel? He seems to have a similar personality - super ornery, not social, hates the human race.

But Brock is Brock, and he was a beast even then. I don't see Corbin getting away with similar.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the latest WON has Dave mentioning Vince might actually be willing to consider bringing Bryan back since he was cleared by the Arizona Cardinals team doctor and is waiting on the results from Dr. Maroon. Someone on the board (I know,I know) made a good point that being cleared by a doctor that flat out told one player to retire and yanked another from a Super Bowl, and not getting clearance from the same WWE doctors who apparently clear guys like Ryback on wellness tests sure makes it seem more political than just being afraid of concussion lawsuits.

My personal theory is that they are keeping Bryan on ice since this year was supposed to be the Reigns Anointing Version 2.0 and they still seem stuck on thinking the first attempt to strap the rocket failed because of whiny Bryan fans. Now that the roster blew up and ratings are in the shitter perhaps it's not a bad idea to bring back a guy who actually got himself over.

from my limited viewing 3MB didn't really throw themselves into the act the way, saw, darsow did with the repo man. that's a p. big deal imo

I disagree. I thought they were very enthusiastic, just limited by jobber booking. Just out of curiosity, what more do you think they could have done?

Also, you have to figure that Barry Darsow is a much better actor (cartoon-style) and more versatile performer than either Drew McIntyre or Jinder Mahal, who were fish out of water in the gimmick to begin with.

I can't get over how upset people seem that Breeze lost to Ambrose on RAW.

First of all when did people decide that every wrestler should win in their debut? Are people just spoiled now because of how Owens debuted? I like Breeze, but let's face it...he was never a top NXT guy. I can't think of one big win that he had during his run there and he was never the champ. Honestly I'm surprised he has been given as much of a push as he has given that he was basically a jobber to the stars in NXT.

As for losing this match...he got to have a competitive match with one of the favorites to win the tourney and only lost due to a flash pin which you can easily write off in kayfabe as a rookie mistake. I saw a fan article on cageside seats that suggested he'd have been better off if they just left him out of the tourney altogether. I totally disagree with that. To me the fact that he was even in the discussion for this world title tourney gives him a nice little bit of credibility out of the gate. the loss was really inconsequential.

If people want to be outraged about an NXT guy's treatment then they should be outraged about Bo Dallas, not Tyler Breeze.

I can't get over how upset people seem that Breeze lost to Ambrose on RAW.

I'm not outraged, but it was pointless and bad booking.

1. Breeze lost his Raw debut match. No two ways about it: that's fucking terrible.

2. Why was Breeze even in the tournament in the first place? There's no upside to that, either for him or anyone else. You can argue that it makes him "seem like a big deal" to be in a World Title tournament already, but considering some of the other people in it, it's obviously padded to begin with. Where's the prestige in that?

This won't "harm" Breeze, per se - he'll still settle into whatever spot he's gonna get - but people understandably want him to be more than just the next Fandango, Adam Rose, or Bo Dallas (guys with talent who are drifting on the road to nowhere).

If Daniel Bryan is coming back soon enough to be on the Wrestlemania card, it would probably be better to put him in one of these "This is the obvious show stealing workrate match" sorta deal. Like Benoit vs Angle, CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio, etc. That way he would not be under so much pressure to deliver the goods and his opponent can be trusted to hold up his end of the match, if not working the majority of the high spots required. Ig you put him in one of the "big time main event" level matches, he will be doing the stupid risky dangerous high spots to prove to the management that their ttust in him was not misplaced.

Yeah it is difficult for me to imagine Bryan being willing to dumb down his style for the benefit of his health, regardless of who he is wrestling but in the event they try to encourage the shift in his personal philosophy as to how he works the matches, it is more likely more doable that he does it in a hot opener or middle of card change of pace type match than one which you have to assume Triple H wpuld want to put as much importance for his match as possible and having Bryan feel responsible for putting a good match out there with the booker/legend.

That being said, Owens is one of the last guys to pair with Bryan due to his very snug style. Only Lesnar rates worse when it comes to that.

The only role Bryan should come back for is to win the Royal Rumble as the surprise 30th entrant. Yes, I know it's "risky" because he might get injured again in the middle of his push, but fuck being cautious! The WWE has too many others down. They need a guaranteed crowd pleaser, and Bryan is it.

I feel like the only person on this forum that doesn't want Bryan to come back & be slotted in the main event again.

He never got his run due to injury but let's be real, WWE didn't seem to have great plans with him going forward anyway. His first feud lined-up post 'Mania was with Kane. Last time he came back, he was in the IC picture.

I mean, I'd take him over Del Rio but I honestly think I'd rather have Reigns than Bryan at this point on top.

I don't think Bryan should go back into main event programs when he returns. The safe bet is to put him in a feud that isn't expected to carry a show and see if Bryan can stay healthy and maybe find a new groove for his wrestling style. There is no reason whatsoever for Bryan to do his suicide dives and top rope stuff on every random RAW. Bryan is/was over enough with the fans that he can wrestle like Hulk Hogan or the Rock...using his charisma and personality to carry him through matches. But if Bryan is still wrestling by the time Reigns has the belt, it has potential to blow up in their faces again.

So we've seen Undertaker defeat Bray Wyatt clean at Mania, and now we've seen Taker and Kane destroy the whole Wyatt Family on RAW. Why exactly would I care about seeing Taker and Kane vs. any 2 Wyatts in a straight up tag match at Survivor Series? It's clear they are just trying to milk the feud to do something at TLC - in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they called it "Tables, Ladders, and Caskets" and added a casket match. This is obviously just meant to keep them on TV until whatever send off they get at Mania.

Also, it looks like no Survivor Series matches at all will happen, though it wouldn't shock me if they tossed all over mid carders into a "traditional Survivor Series" match on the pre-show.

Accidentally watched Smackdown! since Hulu kept playing after RAW ended, and I actually enjoyed Ryback-Kalisto quite a bit. I almost hope they give Kalisto a win over Del Rio and make him the true underdog story, but I just don't see them doing a Kalisto/Reigns semi-final at Survivor Series. How on Earth could Reigns garner crowd sympathy against Kalisto? Then again, maybe that's not their plan is, especially since they are pairing him with Cesaro on RAW...

Could they intentionally be pitting Reigns against guys the crowd will almost surely cheer over him towards the end to justify his last second decision to take Trips up on his offer?

If he faces Cesaro, Kalisto and Ambrose in the last 3 matches he will surely get boo'd in every match, and they have to know that.

How bad with the crowd reject it if after all is said and done the plan ends up turning the guy everyone wants to cheer (Ambrose) against the one everyone wants to boo (Reigns). They way WWE heavy-hands everything they do, it's hard to see how it won't come off as pushing the guy they want down the fans' throats yet again.