Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV from November 8th to 14th of 2015

Grimmas

Yeah probably not the opening round match to book there. You should debut the new guy with a win. Hell I am not sure he has wrestled in Smackdown yet in a match. But you can't have Dean Ambrose lose in the 1st round. That should have been even more stupid

Never thought I would see a Ryback vs Kalisto match. Or actually want to see to be honest

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has actually been a pretty good show but this tournament just highlights how poor of a job the've done creating new stars. Still I would take this over them bringing back part timers. The Hunter promo was actually quite good but I couldn't care less as that gimmick is beyond stale and just laughably over done.

I also get a kick out of Sasha trying to stay heel but she can't help but crack a sly smile when the crowd cheers her

It's not so much the idea, it's that the presentation of WWE and general source of conflict has revolved around the authority figures for virtually that entire 18-year period.

This is exactly what I was getting at. Authority figures should appear as frequently as Jack Tunney. To do otherwise is lazy booking. Although knowing WWE's history with Survivor Series I could see them copying Rock's turn to the tee including the sharpshooter/call for the bell.

What they could do is have Ambrose cost Reigns his match against Alberto Del Rio. Then have Ambrose beat Owens & have Reigns get his revenge against Ambrose setting up a match by costing him the match against Alberto Del Rio.

But then ADR/Ambrose would pretty much be heel Vs. heel & ADR would be a double-champ (as would Owens). So I think the only logical thing is Reigns winning. Although before thinking about Ambrose turning, I thought it was going to be Reigns/Owens in the finals.

I don't know. I'm just pretty sure it's coming down to those four. Maybe they could have Ziggler "upset" Ambrose & that becomes his breaking point to sellout to the Authority or whatever.

They should just have Reigns win. No on turn. Brock win the Rumble. Brock/Reigns at Wrestlemania. Reigns retains. Then turn Dean if they want to do it. Doing it now, it wouldn't mean anything.

Del Rio just came back & I already feel like people don't give a fuck about him again.

As surprises go, that's a pretty tame one. They needed to have at least one of these matches end unexpectedly. If he pulls the second round upset and makes the semi-finals that's kinda cool, but the bracketing of this tournament is weak. Lots of guys paired up badly, losing at the wrong times, etc.

Anyone watch Breaking Ground this week? It really seemed like a filler episode designed to brag about their Texas tour. Nothing much happened. They tried to make Josh a babyface family man, but his man bun is the most obnoxious shit ever. His first promo was brutal, but his second one wasn't bad. The "Yeti" gimmick is all sorts of awful and won't make it to TV. Sami Zayn's comment from the first or second episode - "don't get married to a certain vision" - is obviously foreshadowing Josh dropping the "Yeti" crap for something sustainable. The preview for next week shows Robbie Brookside seemingly going ballistic on ZZ, who was obviously only hired to fail for this show - something that really strikes me as evil.

On another note: Carmella and Cass seem cool as hell, and Tyler Breeze is awesome, but Baron Corbin really does come across as an aloof dick uncomfortable with the spotlight. Part of me feels for him, but I don't see how that is going to work for him on the main roster when he is almost expected to be social and outgoing. But maybe that's one of the storylines they're trying to shape, and Corbin will be a social butterfly by the end of this?

I wasted my time on The WWE List afterward because the topic "Failed Factions" sounded interesting. The list was horrible. No Union, no Corre, no Dungeon of Doom even, but plenty of decent-ish stuff like 3 Count, JOB Squad, bWo, and 3MB. Come on! When half the episode is spent defending the stables on this shitty list, you know it sucks. I was surprised The Cabinet wasn't on there, because they went out of their way to bury that on one of the Legends roundtables (I thought it was an okay stable myself).

That 'Yeti Nation' was so terrible. Didn't watch Tough Enough, so know nothing about the guy, but he seemed pleasant enough...but that promo was terrible. Highlight of the show was easily Dillinger and Breeze searching for bats.

WWE List was awful too, none of the factions seemed like failures to me (OK, maybe the MIA). 3 Count achieved everything you'd expect them to, as well as providing the launchpad for a decent 10yr run for Helms. Really, this list was less "failed factions" and more "enjoyable undercard stables"

WWE List was awful too, none of the factions seemed like failures to me (OK, maybe the MIA). 3 Count achieved everything you'd expect them to, as well as providing the launchpad for a decent 10yr run for Helms. Really, this list was less "failed factions" and more "enjoyable undercard stables"

I didn't mind MIA at the time. It gave a spot to a bunch of people who had nothing else to do, and I really dug Hugh Morrus back then (not a popular sentiment nowadays, for obvious reasons).

If Baron Corbin's aloofness is legit and not something played up for the cameras (and everything seems to indicate it's for real), I see him getting eaten alive by the crazy WWE Locker Room Respect Protocol. I can't imagine him fitting well in an environment where newbies are expected to genuflect every time a veteran walks by.

If Baron Corbin's aloofness is legit and not something played up for the cameras (and everything seems to indicate it's for real), I see him getting eaten alive by the crazy WWE Locker Room Respect Protocol. I can't imagine him fitting well in an environment where newbies are expected to genuflect every time a veteran walks by.

Well hopefully he pulls a Backlund and just travels by himself. Or a couple people that he really trusts eventually. But it does seems like he only enjoys being in his own surroundings.

I would really recommend the new Table for 3 with Regal, Shemaus, and Barrett by the way