Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TV isn't nearly as interesting due to a number of call ups, primarily on the women's side as that division has been gutted over the last year. However, Joe's been such a phenomenal heel week to week (even if the Nak matches themselves haven't quite lived up to my expectations), and frankly when the big shows have produced a pair of matches as strong as the two Gargano/Ciampa vs. Revival classics its tough to complain too much. More about missed opportunities and seeing easy ways to improve things rather than it being dreadful. Those two tags were simply amazing. But it hasn't been fun to see the women become the weakest part of the show after being the strongest for so long.

Jesus, you guys are just miserable, morose motherfuckers

In all the WWE threads

I think the threads are pretty positive when warranted, e.g. most of the PPVs and Takeovers that have happened recently. With NXT, it went from being considered the hottest American wrestling promotion a year ago to its lessened current state. I used to be excited to watch NXT TV after work every Wednesday, and now I'll forget to watch it by the end of the week until somebody brings it up here. I think all of the people posting criticisms would love to see it be as good as it was in mid-2015.

The TV isn't nearly as interesting due to a number of call ups, primarily on the women's side as that division has been gutted over the last year. However, Joe's been such a phenomenal heel week to week (even if the Nak matches themselves haven't quite lived up to my expectations), and frankly when the big shows have produced a pair of matches as strong as the two Gargano/Ciampa vs. Revival classics its tough to complain too much. More about missed opportunities and seeing easy ways to improve things rather than it being dreadful. Those two tags were simply amazing. But it hasn't been fun to see the women become the weakest part of the show after being the strongest for so long.

Oh that Takeovers are almost always great. It's just the TV is the most skippable shit imaginable these days. DIY/Revival in Toronto is my match of the year for sure. But god damn, it's not a good thing when you can skip 4 months of TV and not miss anything for the big shows.

I think the women's division is on the verge of getting really great. Even aside from the Lovelace/Kimber Lee/rumoured Evie & Nixon Newall signings, you've already got a really solid spine. Asuka/Nikki Cross/Ember Moon are already better than any of the Horsewomen were when NXT started, they just need a hook to get the crowd interested in them. You've got Peyton Royce and Billie Kay as decent midcard hands and the more unknown names like Mandy Rose, Aaliyah and Daria look more promising than early doors Alexa or Nia Jax. There's a basis there to suggest this division will be only getting better in the next 12 months, just need to get these guys connecting with the crowd

Word is that Hero is coming back to WWE. Ya think it's going to be NXT or the main roster?

He has excelent guys to work with in either side (him facing Sheamus or Roman would be fucking amazing), and now that he's done pretty much everything in the indies, he's even more of an addition.

It would be nice to see him get a run on the main roster while he's still in his 30s, and he is pretty tall for an indie guy. I still somewhat suspect that he's going to be in NXT. Given the booking philosophy that NXT has shown, I don't see them making either Roode or Aries the next champ after Nakamura.

Can't deny he's a helluva worker. Will WWE put him in some sort of body suit? Will they try to call him Kassius Ohno again?

Again with this bullshit?

Heidi gets signed. Will she be in a mask?

Hero gets signed. Will he get a bodysuit?

What is wrong with you people?

Can't deny he's a helluva worker. Will WWE put him in some sort of body suit? Will they try to call him Kassius Ohno again?

He's not even saying that WWE should put him in a suit or something, just wondering if they would try. It's not exactly a stretch to imagine that WWE, a very body image-conscious company historically, might try to do something to disguise or change Hero's look, especially since a few years ago they fired him based on that look.

What do you mean by you people? TRIGGERED!

Are we denying that WWE doesn't have a history of hating against people for petty reasons now? Is that where we're at? I know your new kick is being anti-fat shaming now, but really? Think if you're getting upset over comments like that, it's time to turn your internet off.

I must have dreamed all the Piggy James stuff. Whoops! They literally fired him for not losing weight.

Curious to see if they go the Kassius Ohno route as Kevin Owens has the whole "KO" branding already.

This is why I'm curious if they call him Kassius Ohno again because that's what they were going for the first time. He even had a KO shirt.

We are bad people for speculating that Chris Hero may or may not be considered overweight, or Heidi Lovelace may or may not be considered unattractive by the company who brought us Saba Simba, Piggy James, Trish barking like a dog, Molly Holly wears granny panties, Bastion Booger, HLA, stuttering Matt Morgan, El Matador, Terri Runnels loses her baby, Snitsky causes Lita to lose her baby, Edge and Lita are going to fuck in the ring, Undertakers "Symbol", PMS, Miss KItty "accidently" losing her top, pudding matches, bra and panties matches, the Diva Search, the Pat Patterson/Gerald Brisco evening gown match, Slick eating fried chicken, and the Vince McMahon Limo Explosion angle.

Obviously the problem is the people on this board who continue to body shame and degrade people based on their looks, because obviously we couldn't JUST be trying to discuss the motivations of the fine and wholesome folks who work for World Wrestling Entertainment.

Obviously the problem is the people on this board who continue to body shame and degrade people based on their looks, because obviously we couldn't JUST be trying to discuss the motivations of the fine and wholesome folks who work for World Wrestling Entertainment.

Exactly. The only point I want to make is that fat people are unpleasant to look at, and are therefore less deserving of love and/or social acceptance than attractive people.

Especially if they're also poor.

I'm pretty sure Chris Hero wasn't released for being fat. If you look at his last NXT TV appearance, which was in October 2013, he was in great shape, so I'm inclined to think there is a different reason other than "lol he's fat".

I mean, Kevin Owens gained a lot of weight since appearing on NXT for the first time and look where he is now.

We are bad people for speculating that Chris Hero may or may not be considered overweight, or Heidi Lovelace may or may not be considered unattractive by the company who brought us Saba Simba, Piggy James, Trish barking like a dog, Molly Holly wears granny panties, Bastion Booger, HLA, stuttering Matt Morgan, El Matador, Terri Runnels loses her baby, Snitsky causes Lita to lose her baby, Edge and Lita are going to fuck in the ring, Undertakers "Symbol", PMS, Miss KItty "accidently" losing her top, pudding matches, bra and panties matches, the Diva Search, the Pat Patterson/Gerald Brisco evening gown match, Slick eating fried chicken, and the Vince McMahon Limo Explosion angle.

Or this literally happening tomorrow:

One of the best women's wrestlers on the roster, on the show that Hunter and Stephanie apparently have more influence over, with a gimmick change entirely based around sex appeal rather than anything having to do with wrestling. Yeah, I guess appearance is irrelevant in WWE in 2016.

Anyways, in Chris Hero's case, I doubt there's anything to be worried about. Here are his own comments on the matter. He's been there before and he knows what's expected of him if he goes back. He's not going to go back and pretend he can just look like he does right now on the indies.

Fun facts:

AJ Styles didn't change from indies.

Samoa Joe didn't change from indies.

Nakamura didn't change from NJPW.

Bullet Club didn't change from NJPW.

Everyone in the CWC except Mascara Dorada didn't change from indies.

Why is Hero going to be changed?

Bringing up Emma, do we know if this is something pushed on her or something she pushed for?

Fun facts:

They changed Bullet Club's gear (specifically covering up Gallows more and now adding trunks to Anderson, also Anderson had to get serious about being in the gym and not being a booze hound and doing shows with hangovers anymore)

Joe was wearing a shirt and he dropped not an insignificant amount of weight before he went into the title picture

AJ was already in great shape and a top tier worker for a decade, there's nothing about him to change

Nakamura has been toned down considerably, both in entrances and ring style

Why would they change a guy they already hired once and made him change stuff and benched him to motivate him to work out harder but now he's 60 pounds heavier than he was when they got rid of him? I dunno doge.png

Ok, yeah Chris Hero will be in a bodysuit. He will be forced to lose 60 pounds before he debuts, even if it's through unhealthy lifestyle and will make him less healthy. You are right, I am wrong. Great job.

The thing I don't get is, this super talent who is, perhaps, the greatest indie wrestler of all time. Who placed in the top 120 for GWE got signed by the WWE and the first thing people say is, boy he's fat. WTF is wrong with people?

They signed Hero, because Hero is great. They didn't say lose the weight before they signed him or anything, which they easily could have. They have people like Damo, Joe, Owens, who people call fat too.

WWE is a different beast then even two years ago. Fuck Ibushi comes in and just works tournaments.

Maybe they signed Hero just to embarrass fat people, but I doubt that. I don't see why his weight would be #1 on anyone's mind. The guy wrestled 3 hour long matches this year, he's in great shape.

I don't really care about Hero's weight and and all the tired debates about body positivity in WWE and whatnot but am interested in how he will adapt to the WWE style since the last time he did the results were mostly nothing special.

Except the all time great Regal match.

Also NXT/WWE are completely different now then at that time.

Let's hope they use him well, but I can't imagine they would sign him or he would sign if they weren't going to.