Pro Wrestling Only

NXT talk

Woof

Hopefully they black out the screen when Chris Hero is on TV so no one has to be subjected to his body nor the feelings that might come from someone seeing his body. In fact, wrestling would be much better if the screen was just black for the whole show. Preferably with no audio, either, because JBL and Corey Graves sometimes say kind of mean things.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really care about Hero's weight and and all the tired debates about body positivity in WWE and whatnot but am interested in how he will adapt to the WWE style since the last time he did the results were mostly nothing special.

I've been rewatching 2013 NXT and to be fair, he was one of the guys that stood out, and the overall product wasn't that special. It did have a distinct feel to it, and it was much more of a developmental brand than nowadays, but it's no easy feat to look your best against someone like Alex Riley or Percy Watson and having a tag team with Leo Kruger.

I kinda miss how weird that show was.

Hopefully they black out the screen when Chris Hero is on TV so no one has to be subjected to his body nor the feelings that might come from someone seeing his body. In fact, wrestling would be much better if the screen was just black for the whole show. Preferably with no audio, either, because JBL and Corey Graves sometimes say kind of mean things.

c'mon this is ridiculous all grimmas is saying is that you're wrong to think they'd cover up Hero's body because the company has changed its position on stuff like that.

I haven't got a dog in this fight, I'm not really on Grimmas' side i guess they probably wouldn't make him wear a singlet or whatever but i wouldn't be too surprised if they did or if they asked him to lose some of the weight.

c'mon this is ridiculous all grimmas is saying is that you're wrong to think they'd cover up Hero's body because the company has changed its position on stuff like that.

I haven't got a dog in this fight, I'm not really on Grimmas' side i guess they probably wouldn't make him wear a singlet or whatever but i wouldn't be too surprised if they did or if they asked him to lose some of the weight.

Except I never even said WWE would cover him up or that he even needed to lose weight. Grimmas has been having an argument about shit no one here has even said. They're obviously going to change his gear because he's not going to be wearing all of those basketball team logos anymore. Maybe they'll cover him up. Maybe they won't. They covered him up at the end of his last run and he was in better shape than he had been in 2 years. They're also going to cut out all the piledrivers. But in Grimmas' mind, anyone daring to suggest WWE would change some stuff about him obviously means we're fat shaming him or some shit.

Because KO didn't have to change his gear, name, and move set. And Sami didn't have to remove his mask and put on bulk. And Balor didn't have to change his name, moveset, attitude, and promo style. And Itami didn't have to change his name, moveset, and workstyle. And Joe didn't have to shape up a bit and stop being so stiff. The only guy to come in mostly unchanged is Nakamura, and he's also had to be less stiff, change the name of his finisher, and do a variant of his traditional finisher because it looks less violent. How dare someone think that perhaps Chris Hero is going to have to change some stuff again. We're monsters.

They tried to change AJ when he first came in and it wasn't necessary so they dropped it.

But in Grimmas' mind, anyone daring to suggest WWE would change some stuff about him obviously means we're fat shaming him or some shit.

Not true at all.

What I original said was it's insane that Heros' body is the first comment someone would make about him being signed.

I did mention calling him overweight or whatever is really stupid. First he looks like an ass kicker and second, what does over weight mean. There is no number that makes someone under weight or over weight. Hero is a great athlete (can do 3 hour matches) and his ring work is the best in the world.

If Hero lost 10, 20, 30, 40, or whatever pounds, would he be healthier? Who knows, what does his blood work show? Jumping to the conclusion that skinnier is healthier is just wrong.

No one but you is conflating weight/health. We're speaking about aesthetics. What's the first thing you see when you see a picture of Chris Hero? His LDL levels? Of course not. So why the fuck do you keep mentioning it like someone is arguing you about his health?

The first thing I see when I see a picture of Chris Hero is an all time great wrestler.

If you don't see a problem with calling someone who is healthy fat, then we have nothing to talk about.

You have plenty to talk about on this subject, but none of it involves wrestling.

Chris Hero is an all time great now? Da hayle? I like the guy as much as anyone, but that's pretty generous.

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/33853-greatest-wrestler-ever-master-rankings-list-do-not-post-in-this-thread/

107) Low Ki (2046 points, 58 ballots, 66.00 avg, high: 2 - Mando>Eddie, 2006: honorable mention)

106) Sean Waltman (2073 points, 68 ballots, 70.51 avg, high: 23 - topropepodcast, 2006: honorable mention)

105) Akira Maeda (2113 points, 52 ballots, 60.37 avg, high: 13 - anonymous, 2006: 61)

104) Chris Hero (2148 points, 52 ballots, 56.69 avg, high: 18 - Mrzfn, 2006: honorable mention)

103) Carlos Colon (2185 points, 56 ballots, 61.98 avg, high: 12 - El Boricua, 2006: honorable mention)

102) Christian (2220 points, 56 ballots, 61.36 avg, high: 17 - ShittyLittleBoots, 2006: unranked)

101) The Rock (2228 points, 57 ballots, 61.93 avg, high: 8 - anonymous, 2006: 64)

I guess he's only the 104th GWE...

Lol the fuck, some of those names being on the list at all is crazy, let alone how high some guys are. I love Bobby Eaton dearly, but we're putting him in top 30 ALL TIME, over guys like Harley/Tully/Martel/Rock/Finlay/Aja/Andre/Murdoch? The Rock not even in the top 100 and only 1 spot away from Christian? What kind of wonky ass criteria was used for that voting?

What I original said was it's insane that Heros' body is the first comment someone would make about him being signed.

Why? That was reportedly the reason he was fired in the first place. In this particular instance, it's a relevant topic to bring up.

Looks like he's not signed anyway (unless he's swerving everyone with his tweet), so moot point.

If he is signed, I can't see him returning as KO, for obvious reasons. Hopefully they'd let him be Chris Hero this time.

Why? That was reportedly the reason he was fired in the first place. In this particular instance, it's a relevant topic to bring up.

Looks like he's not signed anyway (unless he's swerving everyone with his tweet), so moot point.

If he is signed, I can't see him returning as KO, for obvious reasons. Hopefully they'd let him be Chris Hero this time.

That was rumoured, it wasn't about weight after the story came out.

Lol the fuck, some of those names being on the list at all is crazy, let alone how high some guys are. I love Bobby Eaton dearly, but we're putting him in top 30 ALL TIME, over guys like Harley/Tully/Martel/Rock/Finlay/Aja/Andre/Murdoch? The Rock not even in the top 100 and only 1 spot away from Christian? What kind of wonky ass criteria was used for that voting?

Did you joint he board after May? We did two years of debate and discussion before voting on that list.

Did you joint he board after May? We did two years of debate and discussion before voting on that list.

I did. But I'd love to hear the rationale at why Bobby Eaton and William Regal are ahead of guys like Harley and Rock on a GOAT list. Or how Jerry Lawler is ahead of Bret Hart, Steve Austin, The Rock, Randy Savage, Arn Anderson, Nick Bockwinkel, and Ricky Steamboat.

First I've heard of that. Not disputing you, just pointing out that the sensational headline got all the attention - like with most stories - and the follow-up and clarification barely registered a blip. It wouldn't surprise me if the majority of smark fans still believe Hero got fired because of his weight - I know I did. So, in light of that, I don't think it's an outrageous first thing to point out.

The first thing I see when I see a picture of Chris Hero is an all time great wrestler.

OK. But you're familiar with his work. What's the first thing a WWE RAW fan that doesn't know who he is is going to think when they see him for the first time?

Also, I never fat-shamed him or cared what his body weight was or anything of the sort. I simply asked if WWE were going to cover him up as they've been known to do such things. You, YOU GRIMMAS, have blown this WAY the fuck out of proportion.

If mouthpieces were still a thing, a heel who castigated the rest of the roster for not speaking nicely about one another could generate some decent heat. Not sure its a gimmick that would have much shelf life though.

Sounds like a modernized RTC.

The stable would have to have its acronym spell out SJW.

Can't even remember WHERE I heard it at this point, but there was talk of Hero being released for overstepping & outright ignoring trainers during his last NXT stint. I remember one of the major talking points centering around him trying to "train" the greener guys and offering them advice - which was considered out of place.

Essentially (according to THAT rumor anyway), it came down to Hero being hired as talent but trying to be more of a coach. So it was a situation in which he wouldn't heed the advice of their actual coaching staff, while simultaneously trying to coach the rookies himself on the side. I dig Hero's work as much as anybody, but you could see how that might rub some people the wrong way.

Again, I'm not even sure if that's true - but it strikes me as a little more realistic and plausible than the fluctuating weight stuff.