Pro Wrestling Only

TLC 2015

goodhelmet

OK, on paper, this is a total crap shoot match quality wise. In terms of booking, I have lost the will to care. However, I have gone in expecting nothing before and been pleasantly surprised.

Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns (TLC Match) (World Title Match)

- They should just shit or get off the pot. Either make Roman Reigns the man or move on to the next lovable loser. I anticipate a Sheamus win but that would suck.

Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose (IC Title Match)

- I thought the Survivor Series match was fine but nothing special. Could be a good match or nothing special. It doesn't matter who wins.

New Day vs. Usos vs. Lucha Dragons (Ladder Match) (Tag Titles)

- This could be super fun if everyone hits their spots. Last time I saw the Usos on TV, they weren't over but it could have been a bad crowd. Lucha Dragons looked good last PPV so I have high hopes. New Day are awesome so maybe this could steal the show? I am going to predict a title change.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger (US Title) (Chairs Match)

- Another match that could be surprisingly good or dreadfully dead. Swagger is meaningless. Del Rio isn't over. Sad.

ECW Rejects vs. Wyatt Family (Elimination Tables Match)

- Wyatts should win this in a squash so does that mean that Dudleys win putting Bray through a table with the 3D? I don't care about this match at all.

Paige vs. Charlotte (Divas Title)

- Charlotte wins. Sasha treads water. Lame.

Ryback vs. Rusev

- Rusev should win. Then again, Rusev should rule the world. Interference from Foreigner?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually curious if anyone would remember to make the thread... I didn't know if there would be a lot, or any really, interest in this show. I feel bad, as a wrestling fan, where the top promotion in the world can have a card with a ladder match on it, a match that is super dangerous to the performers, and there be so little fan fare heading into it.

I love Kalisto & wish he would get a solo push for a midcard title. I just hope he doesn't get too crazy trying to shine bright in that match with the opportunity given to him. One of the Uso brothers just came back from injury, so of course putting him in a ladder match makes sense... Kofi will probably try to do something nuts as well.

Del Rio/Swagger could surprise but Del Rio doesn't seem to give a crap in WWE. He's in straight up "cash them checks" mode. He was great in Lucha Underground.

Owens/Ambrose could be good... but I expect an Indy spotfest of making all moves mean nothing & kicking out of everything until the crowd chants "this is awesome" instead. Shame. Ambrose also needs to get that rebound lariat out of his repertoire entirely.

The other matches I wish I could fast-forward live. Rusev used to be one of my favorite things in the promotion too. Shame.

Reigns/Sheamus should be a good match. No clue on the ending though. They should just have Reigns go over clean in the middle probably without any shenanigans because the ratings are so bad but instead it'll probably be overbooked League of Nations/Authority stuff, with Sheamus retaining & RAW opening with another 20 minute Sheamus promo until they get under a 2.0 rating.

A Shoutbox for a live PPV where I have subpar expectations would certainly enhance my will to watch, I think. Y'all are good people. :)

I don't think they should put the belts on the Usos, I think the Lucha Dragons would be a better choice. They have overthought the Reigns thing so much they'll probably wait on having him beat Sheamus until the Rumble because he's "not over" enough yet despite the fact that part of the reason he's not over yet is they've booked him to keep failing.

Smart to add Sasha vs Becky to card because when RAW was in Boston in early October, pockets of "We Want Sasha" were cropping throughout the show so that should quell those a bit, but I still fully expect them during Charlotte/Paige. Unfortunately, due to the timing, I probably wont be able to catch it, even though that would be my personal second anticipated match. Does the preshow match usually start at 730 or 745?

I am going to the show and very pumped to see what my two favorite wrestlers Sheamus and Reigns can do in the main event. I would rather them do a straight up street fight as I think the ladder climbs will be mostly a hindrance. Still looking forward to it.

I have an open invitation to watch all WWE events. I've declined. Tables, Ladders, and Chairs matches is ridiculous shit. I watched the MSG special and Japan special. I enjoyed Japan and was letdown by MSG. Then again I'm not a mark for MSG either. I watch all the WWE-NXT stuff. It's all I watch that's current.

With the WWE-RAW stuff being so shitty and a lot of bitching about it occurring why would anyone waste their time with this show? Honest question. Not tryin to be a dickhead.

With the WWE-RAW stuff being so shitty and a lot of bitching about it occurring why would anyone waste their time with this show? Honest question. Not tryin to be a dickhead.

TV has been lacking badly but I don't think the PPV product has been approaching bad at all this year. Survivor Series probably came closest to being a poor show, a lot of the B-PPVs have actually been pleasantly surprising to me. Night of Champions for example, laughable builds but a pretty damn consistently good card

I think it's super-lame that "Tables, Ladders, and Chairs" is the last PPV of the year: really laughably dumb theme that if you explained to anyone outside the wrestling bubble would seem bizarrely stupid. I've long felt that Survivor Series should be your "blow off" of the calendar year where you culminate the major feuds, crown new champs, etc. Then have December be a "feel-good" show (fresh pairings, tags, trios, unusual stips, more comedy, a holiday vibe) that ends the year on a happy note and serves as a light-hearted breather between ending one year at SS and starting the next at the Rumble. Make it a gift to the fans who put up with your bad booking all year: go out as entertainment rather than yet another trolling screwjob heel win in the main event.

That said, this might be a year in which the concept works: having Reigns win the title in a TLC match isn't the worst idea, esp. if it's a good match where he can reclaim some of the edge they keep taking off of him every week with these horrible promos. I expect they'll hold it off until the Rumble and make the third time the charm, but it'll mean more tonight than it will a month from now. I just don't see how Reigns losing again helps anyone.

I'm guessing Sheamus will retain in a cheap fashion. Reigns will win the title at the Rumble next month. Sheamus isn't going anywhere near Wrestlemania with the title, but you might as well let him hold on to it so Reigns can take it off him on a bigger stage, even if Raw is going to carry on sucking for another month. Should be a decent enough match with a couple of cool ladder/table bumps.

I want to believe that the tag ladder match will be up there with the TLC matches from 2000/2001, but that's wishful thinking. I'm expecting it to be the match of the night and maybe even a MOTYC. I'm looking forward to seeing what insane stunts Kofi can pull of this time.

Owens vs Ambrose and Charlotte vs Paige were enjoyable enough at Survivor Series, but didn't really hit that second gear. Here's hoping that they can tonight. The awful crowd didn't help matters and tonight's show is in Boston, so that should help things.

Oh god, ECW nostalgia acts have no place in wrestling in 2015.

I have an open invitation to watch all WWE events. I've declined. Tables, Ladders, and Chairs matches is ridiculous shit. I watched the MSG special and Japan special. I enjoyed Japan and was letdown by MSG. Then again I'm not a mark for MSG either. I watch all the WWE-NXT stuff. It's all I watch that's current.

I don't bother with the TV shows anymore, but their PPVs are usually consistently decent. I'm not expecting too much.

My guess is I give the "Thumbs Up to the Wrestling / Thumbs Down to the Booking" rating.

You can say that about most WWE throwaway PPVs, to be honest. Granted, the wrestling isn't excellent bar maybe a match or two, but it's usually solid enough wrestling with some extremely questionable booking.

From the last couple weeks of TV there is really no justification for this, but I actually think this show could be better than expected.

I'm really struggling to figure out a finish for the main event. Roman killing Sheamus really makes the last month seem like a total waste of time, but I have a hard time believing they are going to run too long with the belt on him either. I expect something WACKY and UNEXPECTED out of left field.