Pro Wrestling Only

2016 WWE Hall of Fame

SteveJRogers

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the full cut of Why Can't the Children Pray in School? ever show up? His song and video Freebird Road was the absolute dog's bollocks, a true success for the art of music, the medium of video, and the world of wrestling, and Pray seemed like it could have been even greater. Which is a true compliment when you consider that what occurs at 2:37 of the Freebird Road video is, without argument, the greatest moment in wrestling history.

Refreshing to see New Day honoring Michael Hayes, who has always been progressive when it comes race relations.

Kofi: Now, y'all, we've heard the rumors too.

Xavier: What rumors, Kofi?

Kofi: The rumors about Michael calling people the "N" word.

Big E: (Exaggerated) The "N" Word?

Kofi: Yeah, but that "N" word is...

Big E, followed by all: New Day Rocks! New Day Rocks! New Rocks!

I assume the New Day/Freebirds deal is a way for WWE to make like the "Freebird Rule" was this revolutionary development in wrestling history. It's a cool trick that's been used once in awhile, but I think wrestling would have survived if there wasn't an unofficial rule about a stable having the ability to switch up tag team matchups. Typical revisionism we get every HoF ceremony.

This is very silly

I'll eat my hat if the "big plans" with New Day involve HH. No way, no how......that's not happening

I'm expecting The Rock to help out New Day to cement their face turn. IIRC remember when Rock was on RAW the one time in the build up to Mania? Who did that involve? New Day and League of Nations. What else would he possibly be doing on the show?

Also, this whole "redacted" thing is very obnoxious, Bixenspan. It wasn't even funny the first time

I'm more wondering, when it comes to Mania, what's up with Austin and HBK? You know they'll be there because it's Cowboy Stadium and it's WM, but they haven't even been teased in the build up. I assume they'd do "surprise" run-ins in the Taker-Shane HIAC, and I'm expecting Vince to eat a Stunnner.......but who knows?

Also, on that wonderful troll post of "who was a bigger draw, Bossman or Brock?".......lol

You know that Hogan was the draw there, right? Hogan could have drawn with practically any decent big man at that point. Ray Traylor? Big fan of his, very good worker, very talented, and a great character. Hogan also drew big with Kamala and Earthquake. No diss, because I'm big fans of those guys......but how much you think Hogan vs. Brock in the 80's would have drawn? How much would the program with Hogan and Brock in '02-03 have drawn if Hogan hadn't walked out because he wasn't getting his loss back? This is the same dude who was trying to bring Yoko into WCW for years just so he could "revenge my loss, brother" and succeded in bringing Warrior in who was like "pin me, pay me" at the time. Also the same dude who would never put Bret over.....

Of course. The point is, there were literally hundreds of wrestlers who would have drawn huge with Hulk in the 80's. And if you think Brock Lesnar.....who is more like The Incredible Hulk than "Hulk Hogan" is.........

The idea that Ray Traylor is a bigger draw than Brock Lesnar is just........only at PWO

Nice troll btw. You baited me

I realize it could be red herrings but I thought Austin, HBK and Batista turned down appearances for Mania? Austin and Shawn seem like eye raisers when it comes to that due to where the show is but I really don't think the company had real good ideas for them to appear. Austin gives Vince a stunner? Ok sure. Then what? Shane wins? Why would Austin want that either? Shane is a McMahon too so he'd be one of his mortal enemies too. Say Austin comes, attacks Shane because we really need Authority around, then turns around and stuns Vince as he's celebrating? How does this make this any better for the fans? He just helped heels remain in power. HBK would make more sense getting involved to ensure his best friend doesn't gotta get removed but Shawn isn't really interested in doing anything that could be seen as heelish anymore. He learned his lesson with the Daniel Bryan thing. I don't remember if he got involved with the Sting match but that was revealed to be a wink wink big circle jerk for nostalgia that no one took seriously...even Sting. So that wouldn't count.