Pro Wrestling Only

2016 WWE Hall of Fame

SteveJRogers

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank Gotch is credited with popularizing sports entertainment.........fucking hell

Well he did, they just didn't call it that yet. Predetermined professional wrestling *is* sports entertainment, despite WWE tiring everyone out on the term.

I was initally going to say the peak of the Freebirds speech was Garvin talking about Hayes peeing on him, only to have the camera pan over to Reigns' wife making a face of disgust while Roman smirks.

But then there were like thirty even more awesome things that happened after that. I have not laughed so hard at anything wrestling in forever. The fanny pack. Performing the entirety of "Badstreet USA" over a backing track of himself. Kevin's remarkable "These New Gay Guys" flub. Garvin's dancing. Did they go an hour? Dear God, that was amazing.

1) The last five nerds on Earth still wondering why Cena's the ace of the company found out in his delivery of that intro.

2) Snoop talking about smoking weed with Cena in the recording studio was the face turn of the century.

Cena looked a little stunned that he got the same reaction he'd get on an average Raw.

You have to wonder if that is going to be the reaction when he gets inducted himself!

Amazing show. Like Lawler, the Hall of Fame is my favorite wrestling night of the year.

Freebirds stole the show with their speech.

I'm glad the idiot fans didn't boo cancer survivor Joan Lunden and embarrass wrestling with their infantile antics, as they've done in past HOFs.

We all saw it coming, but Sting's retirement is still sad. What was up with him not mentioning Lex Luger at all though? Did they have a falling out or something?

Super fun show. Anyone who finds some reason to complain about it can lick my sack.

Not complaining, but I did find it odd about Sting not mentioning Luger. I remember Flair hadn't mentioned Sting in his HoF speech, but I had chalked that to him being in TNA then.

Really fun show overall. The 4 plus hours went by quickly I thought. Even my Wife's attention span didn't wander. The kids were a different story.

I was glad to see the Godfather go on first. Good way to kick it off.

The Freebirds and Sting had the best speeches. I was pleasantly surprised that I like Snoop's speech as well.

The Dudleys did a great job I thought in introducing Jackie.

Dana went a little too long long with her intro. I wonder if they will continue to have her do those in the future.