Pro Wrestling Only

2016 WWE Hall of Fame

SteveJRogers

Bossman is one where I had to stop and ask "He's not already in there?"

Very worthy induction. I've also never heard anyone say a bad word about the guy in any of the hours and hours of podcasts/shoots I've listened to over the years.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The magazine stuff is still speculation, even if some sites are reporting it as fact. The content for a magazine like that needs some lead time. Hope the Hansen part is true tho.

Why would they include it if it was speculation? Surely they'd have lead time on contracting the inductees too, specifically so they can prepare those kind of materials?

The magazine stuff is still speculation, even if some sites are reporting it as fact. The content for a magazine like that needs some lead time. Hope the Hansen part is true tho.

Why would they include it if it was speculation? Surely they'd have lead time on contracting the inductees too, specifically so they can prepare those kind of materials?

FWIW, early last year it was formally announced that former infielder and Rookie of The Year, Chuck Knoblauch would be inducted into the Minnesota Twins' Hall of Fame during the summer. Then Knoblauch got busted on domestic violence charges and his ceremony, and induction itself, was cancelled indefinitely.

Until you see or hear it officially happen, even consider the announcements as "to be inducted" speculation.

That's how I'm looking at it. Even old WWF magazines used to have PPV previews that I'm sure needed a lot of lead time to get on the newsstands before the show. That leaked candidate list didn't totally pan out anyway, and I assumed it wouldn't since WWE probably scrambled to make a few picks less predictable.

Hansen looks like a probable induction, but the celeb news has been all over the place. Could be Regis, now Snoop has entered the rumor mill and there was a lot of speculation about Lemmy after he died.

The Warrior award will go to a breast cancer survivor I forget the name. Also Sting will announce his retirement at the HOF ceremony, but I think they will have him squash Heath Slater or Curtis Axel in an impromptu match at Mania, to beat the record of Kane Chavo at Mania 24, and Sting gets a win on PPV. Just my opinion.

That's an interesting roster from the perspective of people who made their names in WWE. Off the top of my head, the only ones I can think of are Boss Man and Godfather. Hansen had a run in New York, but it was for Vince, Sr. Boss Man was already known for being Big Bubba Rogers in the NWA. Jacqueline was in WCW as Kevin Sullivan's valet, the Freebirds' WWF stint is more anecdotal than substantive of their runs in Texas and elsewhere, and Sting of course is fairly new to the company though pretty much all but done.

I love Stan Hansen but I don't know if he is going to be that great of a speech. I don't regret skipping out on the Hall this year during Mania weekend. Besides Michael Hayes (who I will mark out for if he goes off on keeping prayer in school), there isn't one other nominee I feel like I need to hear speak.