Pro Wrestling Only

2016 WWE Hall of Fame

SteveJRogers

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be cool if they showed that rare Jimmy Garvin WWE interview from 1992 with Gene Okerlund.

What was this about? I don't remember Garvin ever being in the WWF during this time. When did his Freebird run with Hayes end? I could swear they were still doing that into '92, but memory is a tricky thing...

Garvin did a podium interview discussing the upcoming '92 Survivor Series from a heel perspective--predicting Flair & Razor would win their match and that Shawn would win the WWF title. It was a tryout of sorts for a non-wrestling role but it never came together for them.

Garvin does the "9-1-1" during or after his match at SuperBrawl IV with Johnny B. Badd, so that's on the Network.

this is the kind of induction i see most fans comparing to Rikishi or the Godfather, but there's plenty of meat to his career that isn't widely known. as Kris & Bix are fond of pointing out, he was one of Hogan's top 5 drawing opponents on the house-show circuit!

definitely a worthy pick. it's interesting to look at how well-timed his babyface turn was, considering the big political craze of that time was "LAW & ORDER" "TOUGH ON CRIME" etc. i definitely think that played a part in him getting as over as he did.