Pro Wrestling Only

2016 WWE Hall of Fame

SteveJRogers

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godfather had a perfectly respectable career with a wide variety of gimmicks - Papa Shango, Kama: The Supreme Fighting Machine, Kama Mustafa, The Godfather, and The Goodfather - two of which were pretty over (Shango and Godfather). He's easily comparable to Rikishi and miles ahead of Ware (at least WWE-wise). Calling it a "new low" is not only ridiculous, it's inaccurate.

I have to stand by it, I think he was a useless slug and those gimmicks are associated with some of the dumbest shit in company history. But, like Matt said, the more I think about it I can't see that one being true for business reasons.

I was kind of surprised at hearing about Jackie, Godfather, & Regis. The Papa Shango character was actually supposed to return in 1997 with a mask and a red outfit, but that ended up being Kane and Charles became Kama Mustafa, I read an interview that Wright gave and he said that there are photos of his 1997 look. It would be good to see. Believe it or not I was deathly afraid of Papa Shango. Anytime he came out I would run out of the room and hold my ears, because he was scary and so was his music. Watching the footage now, I couldn't believe at 4 years old I used to be afraid of him. I wish he would appear in the Rumble as Papa Shango. I think with the lineup of Sting, JBL. Godfather, Jackie, Fabulous Freebirds, Regis, Stan Hansen, Tenryu, and Rick Acberger, that's 12 people and a fair lineup.

First African America WWF Woman's champion? Hell of a lot better notable on paper for corporate reasons than "Pimp." The reality doesn't matter. It's WWE's Hall of Fame.

Yeah, Jackie was a 2 time Divas champion (winning her first title after the championship became active again), WWE CW champion, and she was also one of the trainers on the first ever Tough Enough. I've always felt that Jackie's presence in wrestling has more of a historical context more than anything else. Women, much less women of color, usually don't have a long career in wrestling compared to their male counterparts. If she would write a book one day, I would love to read it. Should she be in the HOF? For historical/social reasons, yes. For WORK...no.

I sort of get Godfather but Jacqueline has me baffled. Not really that up on her Miss Texas stuff, but neither is anyone from WWE I suspect. She was lousy in the ring in WWF by diva standards too and not over in the slightest.

Lawler for starters sure would be, as he was there whenever she was and she was also involved in some angles with him. Same goes for Bruno Lauer if he is still involved in the WWE in some backstage capacity.

Many people (well, maybe not here) argue that Chyna should be in the HOF. Well, Jacquelyn did everything Chyna did before Chyna did it - just on a smaller scale (Texas/Tennessee and WCW).

- Badass manager/bodyguard who attacks men outside the ring.

- Badass who beats men inside the ring.

- Won male championship belts.

- Won female championship belts.

• 3 weeks later...

So...Daniel Bryan? Or will they wait until next year?

Next year IMO. Sting is the headliner this year. If they bump Sting out of that spot for Bryan, people will complain. If they don't bump Sting and make Bryan secondary, people will complain.

• 2 weeks later...