Pro Wrestling Only

NJPW workers going to WWE?

cpst

Don't forget Jim Crockett Jr. also bought out quite a few of our beloved territories. There's a case to be made that he would be the evil monster of wrestling instead had Vince not cock-blocked him from PPV in 1988.

Vince did the same thing every promoter tried to do when cable took over local TV, he's just the one who succeeded.

Did not claim Crockett or anyone other wrestling promoter was a saint. My point is that nothing changed about the WWE . Vince has not fall in love with indy wrestling. He is just a businessman that is trying to increase his profits while wrecking his competitors business. .

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting national TV gets WWE's attention. ROH got on Destination America, NJPW, got on Axess or whatever the hell that station's called now. ROH's off DA so I would expect WWE to go back to not paying much attention other than the occasional building date collisions.

You know Vince and his motivations so well.

Fuck man, none of your beloved old wrestling promoters were saints that were destroyed by the Devil McMahon. Vince wanted the biggest stars to help make him more money, of course. He didn't take those stars because he had a burning desire to ruin lives and destroy wrestling.

Vince did want to drive the other companies out of business . He wanted all the money for himself. Plus he enjoyed kicking their ass. He will tell you that . Example . Vince went into to Portland and bought Portland wrestling TV time out from under the. Don Owens did not have TV and was out of business in a year . The Portland territory was no threat to the WWW , yet the Owens family business was destroyed by Vince.

I am just saying that these talents are not being signed for their in ring talent or drawing power , the WWE is trying to weaken NJPW .

Getting national TV gets WWE's attention. ROH got on Destination America, NJPW, got on Axess or whatever the hell that station's called now. ROH's off DA so I would expect WWE to go back to not paying much attention other than the occasional building date collisions.

Sinclair is worth $ 3 billion , the WWE is worth $ 800, 000 . Sinclair owns 179 TV stations and they can buy and sell the WWE 3 times and have money left over. They run ROH on the cheap by choice ,

Sinclair is worth $ 3 billion , the WWE is worth $ 800, 000 . Sinclair owns 179 TV stations and they can buy and sell the WWE 3 times and have money left over. They run ROH on the cheap by choice ,

Agreed. But WWE's business plan of late states National TV = direct competition. Doesn't matter if Sinclair is worth trillions, if they stick to their local affiliates WWE doesn't say boo to them.

Yeah, hiring standards have clearly changed, even in just the last two years.

I think it's just more open than changed. They're still holding open tryouts, still signing bodybuilders and models, still passing on indy/international guys who you would think would be no-brainers. The big difference is Hunter being in charge. He seems to be more of a "fan" than either Johnny Ace or Jim Ross. Clearly more willing to try different types of talent. Still, all of these new guys are going to have to learn WWE ringwork and promos, that certainly hasn't changed.

I'd imagine AJ being a surprise at the Rumble and Nakamura coming in soon after. Wyatt is a huge Nak mark so there's a good chance you're gonna see that feud.

I don't think this would work. The Rumble surprise pop is always cued by the familiar music hitting, AJ wouldn't have that. It would create that awkward silence where people are trying to work out who it is. Sure they could have his face on the video screen, but his image isn't as iconic as say, Sting at Survivor Series when it all went dark and then we saw the white face paint.

The only way I can see a Rumble debut work for AJ is if he were entrant #2, allowing a slow entrance (sans the countdown) for it all to digest, the commentators to get their hype in, etc, and a calmer ring for AJ to shine some.

That crowd would absolutely know who he is and go nuts. Tons of tourists/Europeans, even in FL.

The Impact Zone comes to the Rumble!

Yeah, sure, them too. The Rumble is an event. It's not a normal PPV. I still think they should hold it in Iowa generally, if they want to control crowd reactions.

That crowd would absolutely know who he is and go nuts. Tons of tourists/Europeans, even in FL.

The Impact Zone comes to the Rumble!

Yeah, sure, them too. The Rumble is an event. It's not a normal PPV. I still think they should hold it in Iowa generally, if they want to control crowd reactions.
I mean, it makes sense to debut AJ Styles in Orlando since he worked there for however many years it was.

How would you book an impressive Rumble debut without having the eventual elimination bring things down?

Pretty crazy to see talent & the company tweeting about the NJ crew today.

It's not hard, they just haven't been doing this at all lately.

Just eliminate them in a way that teases a big Mania feud that people would be excited for. Remember when Micheals eliminated Angle in 2005 to setup their Mania program? Or Brock/Goldberg in the 2004 Rumble? They never do that anymore...

How would you book an impressive Rumble debut without having the eventual elimination bring things down?

Just eliminate them in a way that teases a big Mania feud that people would be excited for. Remember when Micheals eliminated Angle in 2005 to setup their Mania program? Or Brock/Goldberg in the 2004 Rumble? They never do that anymore...

Agree you can absolutely set up a marquee match that way, but no one there was debuting in the Rumble. Just not sure how you don't blunt the momentum of the debut by having the segment close with that person coming up short.

And to think, if he had waited one day longer, Heath Slater could've passed on those "Social Outcasts" and brought back motherfuckin' FESTUS as his new partner! We could've brought back one of the best wasted WWE acts of the last 15 years, but with a better Ray Gordy. BISCUITS 'N' GRAVYYYYYYY!

Agree you can absolutely set up a marquee match that way, but no one there was debuting in the Rumble. Just not sure how you don't blunt the momentum of the debut by having the segment close with that person coming up short.

I guess I'm talking about recent Rumble eliminations in general but I think the rules still apply. A brand new guy who's never been on TV before isn't winning the Rumble anyway and I think most fans realize this.

Basically what I'm getting at is they need Pat Patterson back in January production meetings.