Pro Wrestling Only

NJPW workers going to WWE?

cpst

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take is that the guys are just being sign to hurt NJPW and ROH . The WWE does not really care pushing about these guys . Vince did the same thing to ECW , Mid - South , Mid- Atlantic , AWA and Memphis. It all about damaging the NJPW and ROH brands. Vince is not happy unless has has competitors to destroy .

I think:

a. The fact that so many of their top guys were high profile indy/international signings who have done very well

and

b. The fact that HHH personally supports these guys

makes your whole point pretty invalid.

I mean come on. CM Punk, Bryan, Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, Cesaro, Balor, etc. It's not like they've brought all these guys in and buried them. Most of them have actually been treated way better than most of their "home grown" talent.

My take is that the guys are just being sign to hurt NJPW and ROH . The WWE does not really care pushing about these guys . Vince did the same thing to ECW , Mid - South , Mid- Atlantic , AWA and Memphis. It all about damaging the NJPW and ROH brands. Vince is not happy unless has has competitors to destroy .

I think:

a. The fact that so many of their top guys were high profile indy/international signings who have done very well

and

I mean come on. CM Punk, Bryan, Rollins, Ambrose, Owens, Cesaro, Balor, etc. It's not like they've brought all these guys in and buried them. Most of them have actually been treated way better than most of their "home grown" talent.

Vince enjoys taking the top guys from others companies and thus damaging the competing brand.. He enjoys driving his competitors out of business. Remember Vince hates wrestling, he never any wrestling product but the WWE . . What he loves is money , control and power .

I recall him taking the Dudleys and TAZ from ECW just before they started on TNN. He just wanted to take the ECW champions away before the TNN launch . It could have been Sandman and the IMpact Payers , he just wanted to hurt ECW . If they though Styles was so great , the WWE would have signed him 10 years ago. . My points are very valid.

You know Vince and his motivations so well.

Fuck man, none of your beloved old wrestling promoters were saints that were destroyed by the Devil McMahon. Vince wanted the biggest stars to help make him more money, of course. He didn't take those stars because he had a burning desire to ruin lives and destroy wrestling.

During the Monday Night Wars there was certainly a time both WWF and WCW would sign guys just to keep them from the other. You can also make the case that it was personal with the AWA since he poached guys clearly just to stick it to Verne for whatever reason, but the rest were just guys signed to build up for the national expansion. You have to remember they were running A, B, and C house show circuits then and needed bodies to fill them up.

I think:

and

Vince enjoys taking the top guys from others companies and thus damaging the competing brand.. He enjoys driving his competitors out of business. Remember Vince hates wrestling, he never any wrestling product but the WWE . . What he loves is money , control and power .

I recall him taking the Dudleys and TAZ from ECW just before they started on TNN. He just wanted to take the ECW champions away before the TNN launch . It could have been Sandman and the IMpact Payers , he just wanted to hurt ECW . If they though Styles was so great , the WWE would have signed him 10 years ago. . My points are very valid.

your points are not valid because it's the year 2016 and not 1999.

Yeah, hiring standards have clearly changed, even in just the last two years.

The idea of guys like Samoa Joe, Generico, Moxley, Kevin Steen, PAC, etc. and etc...let alone major Puro stars like KENTA, Devitt or Nakamura being signed up by WWE as big deals would have sounded ridiculous like five years ago, certainly beyond a "lol they'll be buried" way, let alone ten. And in turn, the money WWE would have offered to them (standard developmental deals, like the one AJ rejected ten years ago) and the ceiling they would have predicted for themselves wouldn't have made it worth it to them anyway. Remember the old Johnny Ace-era "don't sign anyone under 6' and 230lbs" memorandum, and what the roster looked like back in OVW/FCW days, and how far the Paul Londons and Ultimo Dragons of the world got in a pre-Punk world.

Things are different now. The success of Punk and Bryan on the main roster opened up WWE's eyes to hiring from the top indies again, and the success of NXT convinced them to go nuts on outside talent AND treating them as important coming in. They're now offering big money and special deals to these guys. They're building a touring brand around them. And the last two Manias were ended by Bryan Danielson and Tyler Black.

Loss the answer you're looking for is that they offered AJ a developmental deal and he turned it down to stay with TNA.

One thing that's interesting to me is how few second generation guys are in developmental as opposed to a few years ago. Another issue has to be how the rise of MMA/success of other pro sports affected the talent pool relative to 10-15 years ago. That said, they recruited differently even five years ago.

The world's become a smaller place.

I think it's that and how the most popular stars in MMA are a woman (Ronda) and a 140 pound Irishman, and that may have changed the mindset that guys have to be 250 pound jacked up musclemen to be stars. Granted, Vince is always going to have a place in his heart for bodybuilders, but there seem to be enough other voices he listens to that vouch for the smaller guys.

I think:

and

your points are not valid because it's the year 2016 and not 1999.

The year does not matter . It could be 1986 , 1999 , 2001 or 2016 . I am talking about Vince McMahon . He is a ruthless businessman who loves to stomp his competitors . He will never change. All these other stuff is not important. Vince does not want NJPW to continue to grow and become a rival to the WWE . He cannot buy them , so he taked their top guys. He done it his whole career. HHH may care about these guys , but VInce is all business ..

Don't forget Jim Crockett Jr. also bought out quite a few of our beloved territories. There's a case to be made that he would be the evil monster of wrestling instead had Vince not cock-blocked him from PPV in 1988.

Vince did the same thing every promoter tried to do when cable took over local TV, he's just the one who succeeded.

Except they really haven't done anything to hurt ROH other than run a few NXT shows in buildings ROH usually runs. AJ really was only a special attraction type.

He booked a NXT show opposite of Field of Honor , booked Liger and hurt ROH 's gate . ROH drew 2, 200 , but would have drew over 4, 000 if not for NXT . The fact that ROH is owned by a public traded broadcast company has not escape the WWE 's notice . . Sinclair has a lot the potential to cause the WWE major problems if they ever invest in their wrestling company..