Pro Wrestling Only

NJPW workers going to WWE?

cpst

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd that they are apparently concerned that Finn Balor may not be able to take the punishment of a WWE schedule, yet they sign Nakamura who's 35 years old and has taken a beating the last few years.

I would guess Nakamura is more a NXT draw then a WWE draw if I had to guess. Honestly, both Styles and Nak feel like they are gonna be in NXT, and it's a basis for pushing it as a complete brand in and of itself officially. Just my call.

Odd that they are apparently concerned that Finn Balor may not be able to take the punishment of a WWE schedule, yet they sign Nakamura who's 35 years old and has taken a beating the last few years.

I may be wrong but I took that report to mean that with NXT becoming a full time touring brand in 2016, Balor would be put in a position to work 15-20 min main events every night, putting more toll on his body after working the New Japan style for so long, all before he ever gets to taste the big bucks of working in the upper card/main event of the main roster.

I

I get Nakamura and Styles u. to some degree Gallows, but what do they see in Anderson (besides his Randy Orton tribute spots)?

Well, he was boys with A-Train in NJPW, and now A-Train is the head trainer in NXT, so maybe it's something as simple as that? There's also the Bullet/Balor club connection, of course.

With NXT setting up to tour more and potentially move into its own completely distinct brand (I have my doubts), this move makes a lot of sense. NXT will need to really fill out its roster because touring won't really be in place of the Orlando stuff. I imagine they will have some time shares with the more ready talent touring and the orlando shows being more the up and comers with a few guys coming back for spots, promos, and main events on a rotation.

This all said, Nakamura and Styles better finish out their dates with ROH in Feb. or I am going to be very disappointing and might even write a strongly worded post (or two) on the internet about my displeasure. That will teach them. Seriously, please let them work their ROH dates - maybe a farewell match against one another? Please!

Styles and Nakamura are obvious talents to me. I see Nakamura as being one of the only 2 or 3 Japanese guys capable of drawing real money outside of Japan. There aren't many 6'9" guys that move the way that Gallows moves and are as skilled as he is, so for me, he's a 6'8"- 6'9". He's always reminded me of Kane in that regard, so he makes total sense. As for Anderson, I kind of see him as a mechanic. But he's not even as good or as big as some of the mechanics they already have.

Dave mentioned today that other than maybe a Kevin Owens style quick run to get acclimated to WWE style, AJ and Nak aren't going to be in NXT,.

That makes sense because those two wouldn't sign unless they were getting good money; so WWE probably wouldn't want them in NXT for long unless they are really ramping that up.

As a truly WWE inside joke/rebranding, AJ Styles should get a country trucker gimmick with "I've been everywhere" as his theme music.

AJ Styles, (maybe) Daniel Bryan, and Samoa Joe in WWE in 2016. What a time to be alive.

Out of the guys from the early 2000s indy boom who has been the most places? Danielson? Punk? Joe? Ki? AJ? Daniels? Corino? Cabana?

I think Corino would win since I'm sure he's been to all the places the rest have and he was in ECW at the tail end as well.

Daniels did ECW shots as well.

He was also brought in at WCW's death door, and worked for WWF as a light heavyweight warm body in '97-'98 (had a fun title match with TAKA) and had tryout matches in 2000-2001, and was part of the Conquistadores angle.