Pro Wrestling Only

How do you want the results?

Grimmas

Tim and I were discussing this and there are several options.

1) Do two podcasts with one going over 100-51 and another going over 50-1, then reveal online

2) Do a general podcast discussion on the results, focus on top 25 and reveal everything online

3) Do a podcast with just reactions and then reveal everything online

4) Something else

How do you want your results?

I'd like to see everyone who gets even one vote ranked instead of just the top 100. I like the idea of a countdown megathread with a single post for each person that has a picture, the person who voted them highest (and where they ranked them), a few blurbs, etc. That's how the Smarkschoice poll results were rolled out and it worked well. People also posted their reactions within the same thread, though, which meant it was a few hundred pages when all was said and done. Maybe a second megathread just for reactions?

I'm ambivalent on how it's spaced out. I don't know about a podcast just because I don't know feasible it is for everyone to block off however long to listen to each one, although as a supplemental thing, it's a great idea.

As for weighting, I have some thoughts on that, but yeah, a separate thread probably works best.

I'd like to see everyone who gets even one vote ranked instead of just the top 100. I like the idea of a countdown megathread with a single post for each person that has a picture, the person who voted them highest (and where they ranked them), a few blurbs, etc. That's how the Smarkschoice poll results were rolled out and it worked well. People also posted their reactions within the same thread, though, which meant it was a few hundred pages when all was said and done. Maybe a second megathread just for reactions?

Yeah, I agree with all this. It gives it a real "every single vote counts" feel, which means those sentimental #100 picks have some weight. I also like the idea of seeing who each wrestler's high vote is, so we'll actually get a definitive answer to the "Which wrestler will you be the high vote on?" thread :-)

I think we should have a poll on vote weighting. I like the Laprade method myself, but this should be up to a vote in my opinion.

Just looked up this Laprade method. I like it other than the -1 point for not appearing on a ballot. I just think it'll look dumb if we have someone on 3 or 4 ballots finishing with -3 points or something. Just make not appearing worth nothing and add 1 to every score in the 100, then the system is the same and absolute zero can be 0 instead of negative the number of ballots handed in.

Awarding a certain number of points for certain positions does feel a little bit arbitrary, but I can't think of a better way to do it.

I did briefly think about if you could adapt a single transferable vote system to this kinda thing but I couldn't think of a good way that wouldn't take a huge amount of time and work to count the ballots. (or allow someone to come first without getting any first place votes, not sure if that matters)

I just had this crazy idea to do super short podcasts on each person. Like, actually set a timer and allow it to go five minutes and when the bell rings, "We're out of time!" and end the show. It would create a fun urgency to explain the appeal of various guys and be an easy listen. When you get to the top 100, maybe expand to 10 minutes and then for the top 10, maybe each person gets 30 or something. Maybe #1 could get a full show proper.

I just had this crazy idea to do super short podcasts on each person. Like, actually set a timer and allow it to go five minutes and when the bell rings, "We're out of time!" and end the show. It would create a fun urgency to explain the appeal of various guys and be an easy listen. When you get to the top 100, maybe expand to 10 minutes and then for the top 10, maybe each person gets 30 or something. Maybe #1 could get a full show proper.

I have been sold on this. The five minute Gangrel episode will be must listen stuff.