Pro Wrestling Only

The WWE Global Cruiserweight show

shoe

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a part of me that thinks WWE simply didn't want two non-native speakers in the finals.

Nah. TJP and Metallik signed. ZSJ and Ibushi didn't. I don't think it's any more complicated than that. ZSJ and Ibushi gave the tournament credibility by having legitimate international stars involved with the tournament, and they lose in the semis to the two guys who are under contract and who will be the focal points of the cruiserweight division initially.

The ref screwed up the finish and they keep on replaying it.

Cedric Alexander's brainbuster is a thing of beauty. I wish more guys would start using this regularly.

I also hope they tell the fat guy in the front row with the Paul Heyman Guy to sit still. He's been extremely annoying and distracting.

Sabre/Metalik was easily Sabre's best match so far, but he really needs to stop the annoying setting and looking around after every big move. Also if you're going to throw 50 uppercuts per match then learn how to not make them suck. Metalik is awesome, and they cut a really fast pace.

Ibushi/Perkins had some flaws, but it was a ton of fun. I can't buy Perkins kicking out of all that and beating Ibushi.

Final was a fun match, not as good as the semis, but had its moments. Really happy for TJP (Jesus, his chest is all fucked up), and Metalik too. Not sure how New Japan didn't push him to the moon when they had him, but I think he can be big.

Just a great, great series. Well done, WWE.