Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestling thoughts that probably don't deserve

Coffey

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan of Jericho's, I'm also happy to see him looking very relaxed. Makes me kinda hope he's done with wrestling too. He seems quite happy.

On a similar note, I did also catch the beginning of RAW and man, have Edge's biceps shrunk! He looks like he's around my body type now, which is average.

Yeah, that's the one, Rudo. Got it on discount yesterday. And yeah, it's that match. I like the Eddie match even more. It's almost a mini-prototype of the work Eddie did with Bradshaw the year after.

The date says it's from April of 2003 which is not the match Rudo's looking for (12/04). The match from 2003 off the top of my head is when Cena wins the US Title (I think it was the title; either that or it was the #1 contender spot) in a tournament.

Holy calamity! Going off the roids will shrink you in a hurry.

Posted Image

I don't know. Clothing can be really deceptive. It's too bad we couldn't get a shirtless shot so we could compare before and after pictures.

Speaking of roids -- I have a noticed a few people who lost some muscle but I heard Meltzer? say that nobody in the dressing room has been hearing too much about the drug testing in the last while so they're going back on again.

I've pretty much given up hope that the drug testing will actually happen, given that nobody's heard anything about it since it was announced and their recent booking (Angle as champion, Edge vs Flair in a TLC match, Michael Hayes "shooting" on wrestlers today who want more time off, etc). Hopefully I'm wrong, but I get the feeling WWE don't really want to find out how bad the pain pill problem is within their company and aren't willing to pay the perceived price of shrinking physiques.

Some guys have gotten smaller, like Edge and Randy Orton, but then you have Chris Masters out there still puffed up and rapidly balding so who knows. Eric S over at Inside Pulse is of the opinion that the whole plan was just to scare people into cycling off, and that seeing some guys get thin would convince the audience that they must be testing.

Trust me to open my big mouth just before WWE makes an announcement <_>

"WWE has been working diligently to complete its new wellness program for talent, which includes an aggressive drug and steroid testing program and heightened cardiovascular monitoring. The company believes it has identified a third-party that will be able to implement the program, which will be done independently of WWE, and is going through final phases of its due diligence. WWE believes the program will be ready to implement before the end of the first quarter of 2006." - WWE.com

Guest Dangerous A

I think they'll wait until after Mania to start testing because they want their guys looking cosmetically at their best since that is where most of the pictures for the ads and marketing of WM happen.

I'm also willing to bet the bigger names still get tipped off as to when they'll be tested so they can cycle off.

I've noticed from a lot of boards that there's no patience for things to work themselves out anymore. I've seen several people whine that Moore/Styles and NAO/Latin American Exchange weren't on the PPV. Whatever happened to building things up. PPVs aren't just this monthly reset on storylines.

From Inside Pulse, hopefully this will quiet the folks in denial that Eddie's death had anything to do with steroid use.

World Wrestling Entertainment posted the following on WWE.com today:

WWE has been working diligently to complete its new wellness program for talent, which includes an aggressive drug and steroid testing program and heightened cardiovascular monitoring. The company believes it has identified a third-party that will be able to implement the program, which will be done independently of WWE, and is going through final phases of its due diligence. WWE believes the program will be ready to implement before the end of the first quarter of 2006.

The company originally announced their drug and heart monitoring policy in the wake of Eddie Guerrero's death and Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore's suspension following an apparent soma overdose. Dinsmore's contract is reportedly up around the same time as his suspension/rehab is scheduled to end.

According to the 12/21/05 edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the official cause of Guerrero's death was a heart attack due to arteriosclerotic heart disease (hardening and narrowing of the arteries, which supply the heart with blood and oxygen) caused by a long history of anabolic steroid use and recent usage of narcotics medication. This information comes from the death certificate released by the Hennepin County (Minneapolis) Medical Examiner's Office. The quantities and nature of drugs found in his system reported in the toxicology reports, and the "significant list of" (WON) prescription medication found in his hotel room by the police department, has not been released.

Due to the narrowing and hardening of the arteries combined with an enlarged and damaged heart plus organomegaly (large internal organs that Dave Meltzer says is likely due to use of human growth hormone), an imbalance was created, since a larger heart needs more blood, and narrow arteries cause less to actually get to the heart.

It was not confirmed how much larger than "normal" Guerrero's organs were for his body type, and chronic pain due to back problems and daily wear and tear also caused stress on his heart.

Needless to say, a focus on monitoring the heart with stress tests and other regular check-ups by cardiologists will be part of this "wellness plan," and according to the Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter, WWE is in talks with the same agency that Major League Baseball uses for testing.

We'll have more on this as it develops.

Credit: WWE.com, Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Pro Wrestling Torch newsletter

My travels to DVDVR lately have really made me appricate this place even more. I almost forgot what it was like going to a wrestling board where the majority of people in the wrestling folder have no idea there was wrestling before the WWF in the mid 80s and mods close threads because they randomly decide that there will be no more topics on a certain subject.

Not to mention the nonsensical word filters. Christ, that gets annoying.

Guest Dangerous A

Thanks to the UFC special the Impact replay did a .9 rating which marks the first time the replay has had more viewers than the first airing.

You know, with this info you'd like to think TNA would maybe look that they are getting x-amount of UFC fans to stay on to watch TNA, and perhaps throw a subtle change in regards to the product. Perhaps have some matches more ground based or on the mat. I'm not saying to turn TNA into UWF-i part deux, but if they are hoping to gain new fans and/or retain some of these UFC fans who are sticking around to check TNA out, you'd give them something to tune in for. Signing a wrestler like Bryan Danielson would seem like a great move for this.

Guest Cam Chaos

I thought the Styles vs Tanahashi match was a lot more grounded.

Danielson apparently is in no rush to commit to a company right now, according to Regal's interview for The Sun website, as he's looking at going back to college.

Guest Dangerous A

Smart move by Danielson.

Also smart move because while he's getting his education, he can wait to see if the market opens up for him. Because of his size, he knows about what he'd get in WWE, however if TNA were to start getting some steam behind them and looking to attain more talent, his value would go up.

Still, anyone looking into getting into pro wrestling should go to school, even moreso than pro athletes from legit sports because pro wrestling's pay isn't nearly as good or secure.

Watching WM 11 reminded me what an unprofessional shit mid 90s HBK was. Granted, there were too many photographers at ringside but he tossed one guy a good 5-10 feet for the sin of being in the way of his bump outside the ring as if the dude had any way of knowing what the spots were.

It's amazing, considering the petty ass shit people have been fired from the WWF/E for before and since, to see just what the Clique was able to get away with.

Guest Local Jobber R

You know, with this info you'd like to think TNA would maybe look that they are getting x-amount of UFC fans to stay on to watch TNA, and perhaps throw a subtle change in regards to the product...Signing a wrestler like Bryan Danielson would seem like a great move for this

What about signing Rocky Romero? You know you can never have enough armbar in a match. Also how many wrestlers in TNA have submission finishers? There's Samoa Joe with his rear naked sleeper and that's it.