Pro Wrestling Only

Reactions to the List: 25-11

Grimmas

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I crazy to feel like Savage actually has a lesser resume than Arn? I mean the very best Savage matches are better than Arn's best but I feel like Arn's average output is better. And Arn was way more consistent. Savage's best stuff in WCW was really good but his "average" match was him doing absolutely nothing except getting beat on until it was time to drop an elbow.

Hashimoto not making top ten, not even making top twenty is the first result that truly shocks me.

I agree, when I scrolled down and saw his name there, I was legit shocked. I had him as my #7, and I'm not a New Japan guy. That ranking was purely based on footage I sought out based on the recommendations from other fans. (Recommendations of the "AJPW isn't the be all and end all, New Japan had some good stuff too, pull your head out of your ass and watch this match" variety.)

I have enjoyed posting this list in weird places I also frequent online, here was some feedback on a phish message board.

Brahs_Al_Ghul said:

chaddie151 said:

ecelectric said:

chaddie151 said:

A message board I am a moderator of is counting down the Greatest Wrestler Ever which was a two year project, here is the countdown to the top 100
http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/33910-greatest-wrestler-ever-the-list/

That list appears to be randomly generated.

It wasn't, Nominations took place for eighteen months and any wrestler could be nominated along with three match reviews. From that, a ton of people watched footage and debated the merits of the candidates. 151 people cast ballots from 1-100 and then the final lists were compiled.

Undertaker at 84? I stopped scrolling after that nonsense

Too high or too low?
» ridemehigh1206 (OP) • Tue Apr 26, 2016 05:45 pm
'Taker is top 10 all-time. Not debatable.

I'd like the Savage as #1 people to explain themselves. For all the focus on Bret, that's pretty nutty in itself, is it not?

Now I want a Randy Savage vs. Bret Hart thread that's just as awful and cantankerous as the Flair/Bret one.

The Taker matches are very good,the final 4 match where he wins the title is excellent, and I think the Canadian Stampede match is an all-time classic.

I liked his October 11, 1997 house show match at the Pond against Shamrock a good deal. Not going to say it was at the level of the August 21, 1993 Yoko-Bret cage match in the same building, but it was the type of house show match in the era that you were happy to see relative to so many folks going through the motions.

Not that I haven't seen Bret go through the motions on a house show over the years...

I have enjoyed posting this list in weird places I also frequent online, here was some feedback on a phish message board.

Too high or too low?

» ridemehigh1206 (OP) • Tue Apr 26, 2016 05:45 pm
'Taker is top 10 all-time. Not debatable.

I would love to see reactions to Cena over Shawn. Also the WCW jobber El Dandy making the 30s.

Also WWE commentator Jerry Lawler making Top 20 (maybe 10)

The Bret Hart hate is hilarious. Gotta love pro-wrestling revisionism. Bret Hart = the new Nobuhiko Takada. :)

We'll have to wait for 2026 for Bret to take a similar drop. The mainstream conservative voters have helped prop him up.

:P

Anyway, it is nice to see Bret still > Shawn. ;)

If nothing else, the fact that we had such a broad sourcing means that you'll at least be able to post it elsewhere without it being completely impenetrable. It goes against so many traditional schools of thought that it can't make anyone happy, in the best way.