Pro Wrestling Only

WWE No Mercy

WingedEagle

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually like Orton and Bray, but the debate right now is so fucking bonkers I'm trying to watch both.

You missed the good stuff. They also booked the main event before intermission.

Hell you could argue they booked the main event on the pre-show but anyway

This has been a strong match but it needs to be pick up the violence

That Randy Orton Vs. Bray Wyatt match was awful. Glad to see Harper back though.

Miz/Dolph was really good & I was genuinely surprised that Dolph won. Wish that match would have went on last but I understand worrying about people leaving to watch the debate.

I guess no one watched that PPV anyway. Not a big loss apparently.

That Triple Threat match was the usual clusterfucky business with cutesy spots galore. Waste of time.

Tag team match was just there. The heel Usos are losing steam already. What the fuck was that outfit ?

Mis vs Dolph was really good, but they did lost me at the very end, with the boot spot followed by the fucking Spirit Squad. And one finisher kick out too much too. This was lame, as was the finish, but the again most of Ziggler's offense looks like sloppy shit anyway. Overbooked finish aside, this was building into a very good and super heated match, with Miz clearly directing traffic again. Maryse reminded me again that being a valet is a lost art, she barely does anything except her two token spots, so she's just a body that's just there. And it's not like they do eye candy cam shots either, so. Did anyone really think Dolph was gonna, gasp, lose ? I mean really ? Of course he was winning that one. That's the most basic pro-wrestling story.

The last match looked awful indeed, but I am not wasting my time with Orton & Bray, two black hole against each other.

The women matches, well… Becky Lynch was missed. And Carmella was at her best doing goofy stuff with Enzo & Cass.

One match show.

Oh for fuck's sake.

A losing streek.

The "If I don't win this one I retire".

The babyface getting the very last chance at getting the title against a heel that screwed him before.

Title in line.

Have you seen Rocky ?

Plus, I'm not even saying this as a criticism, it would have made no sense whatsoever to have Dolph lose. Well, of course personally I'd rather have the Miz keep the title, but that's beside the point. It was obvious because it's the oldest story in pro-wrestling. That's why it also worked like a charm and stole the show. Well, there was no competition, but it was legit very good.

The "Why is the three way going on first?" speculation on twitter has seemed to miss the simplest answer. It's the only way for WWE to get the maximum amount of social media activity before the debate.

It's going to be hilarious when people bitch about how there is no big angle or 2nd title match later in the night just because they worked themselves into thinking it's impossible that the WWE title match could start the show for any other reason than that.

Bingo all about the Twitter/social media presence before debate. That's the only reason they want people to watch live. Smart booking.

John Cena discovering the existence of PWG is like the worst thing ever.

Lol so true. Why couldn't he watch AJPW and Crockett tapes with his girlfriend?
"If only Cena watched workrate wrestling B instead of workrate wrestling A things would be so much better".

Of course I'm not. Cena's work and interviews suggest he's seen his share of Race, Flair, Misawa and Kobashi. He isn't ignorant.

Also let's not pretend All Japan would be held in the same regard it is without all the headdrop suplexes and big moves.

Also let's not pretend All Japan would be held in the same regard it is without all the headdrop suplexes and big moves.

Yeah but that doesn't make it a workrate style. No ones thinks 90s All Japan's greatness stems solely from lots of big moves and tons of nearfalls. In fact that's one of the criticisms. I know people like MattD have said they think the style started going overboard from as early as 1993.

I attended this live and there really wasn't much to report. There were quite a few empty seats in the lower bowl area, which was surprising because this was a brand-new arena that was only open to the public for about five days. Ticket prices weren't bad, though.

The heat for Dolph-Miz was nuclear in person and it was fun to be a part of. The triple-threat was fun but being able to see the third guy just sitting there, outside the ring waiting for his cue took me out of the moment somewhat. This also happened during the Rhyno-Slater tag match. In both matches the crowd picked up on it and tried getting various "Dean is sleeping!" and "Rhyno's sleeping!" chants started.

The crowd was pissed when Alexa announced Becky wouldn't be there. They did not play the pre-show promo announcing this so it was the first most had heard of it.

Right after the PPV ended they gave us the "Thanks for coming" announcement. No dark angle, dark match, nothing. Luke Harper ripped the top off the announce table and everyone started buzzing thinking there would be a table bump but then everyone just walked out.

I didn't watch it live and was utterly shocked when Bray vs. Randy started and there were still about 40 minutes on the clock... I was really relieved when I found out they had included talking Smack in the actual PPV video. Just the thought of 40 minutes of that match makes me shudder. . .

Other than the opening title match, this was really not much of a show I gotta say, though.

It came off like a Smackdown taping with a PPV main event as the opener, which was fine except they charged PPV ticket prices.

I have a feeling that with the brand split, outside of the main event opening (which I assume was just because of the presidential debate so we won't see it again anyway) that this is going to be the norm.