Pro Wrestling Only

WWE No Mercy

WingedEagle

Jack Swagger vs. Baron Corbin

Niki Bella vs. Carmella

The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler

Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss (Lynch is apparently a scratch)

Heath Slater & Rhyno vs. The Usos

Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt

AJ Styles vs. John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose

Smackdown TV is very fun of late and Backlash was a very good show so I'm looking forward to this. Interestingly, they just announced on Twitter that the main event will open the show. Afraid of debate competition even with it as Network programming or an angle to set up another title match later in the night?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame Swagger/Corbin couldn't make the show & are delegated to pre-show duty. Also a shame about Becky Lynch.

If the Triple Threat does go on first, I hope that Miz/Ziggler get to go on last. Make the IC belt seem important & if Ziggler is leaving, that would be a good way to go.

Miz has been on fire lately. So have The Uso brothers. I have also been really entertained by Heath Slater. They're doing good stuff on Smackdown. Looking forward to this show. Carmella Vs. Nikki? Not so much.

Don't forget about the debut (return) of Curt Hawkins!

What's going on with Becky?

Opening with the main event is really odd, does Cena need to make a flight or something? I'm cool with messing with the formula, should be interesting at least.

I'm very much looking forward to Swagger vs. Corbin. You C-Show junkies all know how kick ass their matches have been, I really can't wait to see what they do when people are actually watching.

They decided to put the 3 way title match as the opening match of No Mercy. It makes sense given how so many people will watch the debate but not sure what it says about the product

And yes Miz vs Dolph should be the main event of this show. It is the best story on Smackdown right now. Now whether the crowd will treat it like a main event is another thing. Really depends on how much people care about Dolph keeping his job

I'm not opposed to running Ziggler/Miz last, but it does seem a bit silly to open the show with the World Title match.

Considering the ratings that the debate will draw and, according to Lance Storm's twitter (in another forum someone mentioned it, but i didn't check myself), Cena needing to make it somewhere on Monday morning, and the recent buzz around the Network changing into a tiered system, I actually think this is a fantastic opportunity for the WWE to really see if, promised what is likely to be the Match of the Night as your opener, more subscribers are actually gonna tune in live rather than watch later. I know I will be for the first time since Mania. (Of course, after the opener, I'll proceed to not watch the rest of the show and finish it Monday or Tuesday afternoon)

I'd also add that this set-up will give Wyatt/Orton a better shot of getting a big reaction. Whenever Cena's been put in the middle of a show (like SummerSlam or the 2015 TLC&S), he's basically killed the crowd because nobody can really follow his act. Putting him on early might help because, even though I'm still guessing he'll get the biggest reaction of the show, the crowd will have more than enough time to get back into the show via Wyatt/Orton (I'm guessing that'll go on around 10:10) and Ziggler/Miz (which should go on around 10:30, right as the debate wraps up).

The "Why is the three way going on first?" speculation on twitter has seemed to miss the simplest answer. It's the only way for WWE to get the maximum amount of social media activity before the debate.

It's going to be hilarious when people bitch about how there is no big angle or 2nd title match later in the night just because they worked themselves into thinking it's impossible that the WWE title match could start the show for any other reason than that.

Reading tweets about how American Alpha have been wasted since their call up from NXT because "they haven't been on an actual PPV yet" makes me wish WWE would just get rid of the pre-show all together because all anyone ever does it bitch about how whatever wrestlers are on it are being wasted cuz they aren't on the actual PPV.

Even though the "actual" PPV is taking place in the same arena on the same Network watched by the same people but hey that 30 minutes a is HUGE god damn difference.

Reading tweets about how American Alpha have been wasted since their call up from NXT because "they haven't been on an actual PPV yet" makes me wish WWE would just get rid of the pre-show all together because all anyone ever does it bitch about how whatever wrestlers are on it are being wasted cuz they aren't on the actual PPV.

Even though the "actual" PPV is taking place in the same arena on the same Network watched by the same people but hey that 30 minutes a is HUGE god damn difference.

It does make a difference though. I missed Thwagger-Corbin because it was on the pre-show. Kinda disappointed, because I was kinda looking forward to that and couldn't care less about the pointless tag match I did see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the pre-shows don't stay archived on the Network. I know I've gone back to watch a match that was on the pre-show a few days later and couldn't find it. So being on an actual PPV broadcast is a bit more important.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the pre-shows don't stay archived on the Network. I know I've gone back to watch a match that was on the pre-show a few days later and couldn't find it. So being on an actual PPV broadcast is a bit more important.

I don't have the Network any more but I am pretty sure you are wrong. I know I watched a non-live pre-show when I did have it.