Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 12/05 - 12/11

KawadaSmile

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... passive-aggressive goc returns. We just don't "get it." You're so much smarter than the rest of us. That Virginia education.

You got me. I now realize that there's nothing Randy Orton can teach anyone. It's not like he has any experience dealing with Vince McMahon, how to talk to him, when and how to approach him, whether it's better to take certain issues to the writers or to Vince personally or anything of that nature. You're right there's really NOTHING that Randy Orton could teach anyone coming into the company from the indies.

My simple, unasked for, answer is that they need to stop booking week to week and insert more mysteries and surprises and payoffs. Where does that fall on "overused talking points" bingo?

BINGO!

Mystery is what is missing among other things. And storylines that actually develop instead of just a hot angle and then three months of no progress and three PPV matches that are carbon copies of each other.

My simple, unasked for, answer is that they need to stop booking week to week and insert more mysteries and surprises and payoffs. Where does that fall on "overused talking points" bingo?

BINGO!

Mystery is what is missing among other things. And storylines that actually develop instead of just a hot angle and then three months of no progress and three PPV matches that are carbon copies of each other.

Smackdown has been pretty good building long term storylines and even has a current mystery (who attacked Nikki).

Guys like Orton,Cena, Mark Henry, Kane, even Health Slater definitely have things to teach 15 year indie vets who haven't worked for a company like WWE. None of it involves the wrestling part. Working for Excalibur and Delirious is not the same as working for Vince McMahon.

What the hell? Who said anything about Cena, Mark Henry, Kane or Heath Slater?

The quote was by Orton, I don't know why you're dragging other names into it. If that quote is to be believed, Randy Orton thinks he is suddenly now in a position to judge what is and isn't appropriate or respectful behavior backstage. That is laughable. This is a guy who admitted that he once fired up a joint in the arena before a televised show, in front of everybody, as a "fuck you" to the office and the wellness policy and to see if they'd do something about it. Not to mention his rumored behavior towards the Divas early in his career. And the fact that he reportedly whined when people were too stiff with him. (If Bubba Dudley and Bob Holly are to be believed.)

In short, I don't know when Randy Orton became the expert on backstage etiquette or "respect for the business." Even if he is a changed man now, him acting like he's the new grizzled vet backstage is a bit rich, considering his history.

If I was new to the WWE, one of the first people I'd get advice from would be Mark Henry. Lord knows that dude has side stepped (and stepped on) his share of political landmines over the years.

I mentioned those names because the quote was about these big name indie guys coming in and not asking long time WWE vets for advice. Not just not asking Orton. They're not asking any of these guys that have been there for 5, 10, 15, 20 years. That was his point. And my point is those guys, including Orton, have a lot of valuable wisdom to share about working within the WWE system that working for indies and Gedo can't prepare you for.

But yeah the next round of TV negotiations will be interesting given the really poor ratings they are delivering in the current one. Wonder if they will still play the "live sport" card again to try salvage some sort of increase if any will be pretty minimal.

Seems like USA Network is doing just fine and are probably quite happy that Raw & SD are helping boost their overall ratings average.

http://www.sescoops.com/usa-network-touts-the-success-of-wwe-raw-smackdown/

Cz0L_4qWEAAPoZq.jpg

pro wrestling sheet reporting Foley will be taking the rest of the month of from wwe programming to spend the holidays with his family. I guess that Christmas thing with him is not a work

wwe is insisting he hasn't been released or suspended. Kind of a weird story since he's in the middle of a storyline with Sami but like I said I think the dude loves Christmas that much

I love Foley but the whole X-Mas obsession is too much. OK we get it , you love X Mas a lot, like in a ridiculously out of control way. Enough for fucks sake

I work in retail

Yeah I gotta agree with this. His whole Christmas thing has really bugged me the last 3 years since it became really evident to me that he has some weird obsession with it. Honestly Foley since 2006 has been on my shit list.

I also work in retail and late October through the end of the year is the worst time of the year bar none.

The New Three Faces of Foley : creepy feministstalker, awkward X-mas fetischist and what else already ?

Seriously, who gives a flying fuck if Foley loves Xmas or theme parks ? People obsessing about Foley's idiosyncrasies are way more creepy, I'd say.

For the record, fuck the holiday season, and Xmas especially. Really depressing period of the year.

The New Three Faces of Foley : creepy feministstalker, awkward X-mas fetischist and what else already ?

Seriously, who gives a flying fuck if Foley loves Xmas or theme parks ? People obsessing about Foley's idiosyncrasies are way more creepy, I'd say.

For the record, fuck the holiday season, and Xmas especially. Really depressing period of the year.

When you wear Christmas shirts in April then yeah that is pretty fucking weird. None the less I share your sentiments about the holiday season I think its a huge fucking waste of time.

When you wear Christmas shirts in April then yeah that is pretty fucking weird.

Wearing Christmas shirts in April is what made you think Mick Foley was fucking weird ? Mick Foley ? From the Nestea Plunge bump/hit me again in the head with a chair Shane or Rocky/IWA Japan King of the Deathmatch tournament/Hell in the Cell death spots fame ? A Christmas Shirt in April ? ;)

Wow a lot of Scrooges on here. I take it none of you have kids. That will change your whole perspective on it.

The one thing I hate more than the obligatory capitalistic fake-joy of the über consumption party know as Xmas is someone, anyone, using the following argument about *anything* : "You'll see when you'll have kids.". I deeply despise the social injunction of reproducing as much as the patronizing that goes with it, as if having kids was some kind of magic trick a human being was supposed to go through to have a purpose in life and understand whatever meaning of it. Fuck kids. Well, not litteraly of course… But you get the drift.

So yeah. Fuck Xmas. And fuck you Mick Foley, you Xmas-tree masturbating Santa Claus look-alike creepo. There.

Wow a lot of Scrooges on here. I take it none of you have kids. That will change your whole perspective on it.

The one thing I hate more than the obligatory capitalistic fake-joy of the über consumption party know as Xmas is someone, anyone, using the following argument about *anything* : "You'll see when you'll have kids.". I deeply despise the social injunction of reproducing as much as the patronizing that goes with it, as if having kids was some kind of magic trick a human being was supposed to go through to have a purpose in life and understand whatever meaning of it. Fuck kids. Well, not litteraly of course… But you get the drift.

So yeah. Fuck Xmas. And fuck you Mick Foley, you Xmas-tree masturbating Santa Claus look-alike creepo. There.

There are no year end awards on PWO so you can stop competing for "most miserable person on the board" any time now.

There are no year end awards on PWO so you can stop competing for "most miserable person on the board" any time now.

Considering the super enthousiastic posts I make about great matchs from TNA 2005, NXT Takeovers, Charlotte vs Sasha stuff and other random really good stuff from WWE PPV (including Miz matches), plus my undying love for Lucha Underground for which I created a thread by my own self so I could deverse the LU luv on the board, I'm pretty sure I wasn't near the top of that list anyway.

(And again, not having kids doesn't make people miserable. The things I plan to do next year : whatever the fuck I feel like doing. Yay !)