Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2017

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumble (26-30): Biggest pops of the night by far were Goldberg eliminating Brock and Taker's entrances, so damned if they didn't get this over. Did not love the casual tossing of Rusev, Harper, and Corbin, in keeping with what Matt's saying about how this company's forgotten how to push more than five people at once. But goddamn did I love #30. Courage to Undertaker for pulling his straps down when he has classic Tenryu-Torso. Really liked the elimination of Taker as it felt ominous rather than telegraphed, and I liked both the callback to Survivor Series and the sense at the end that any of the final three really could win.

Are you fucking kidding me! The most boring options possible were taken tonight. Cena wins the title for the 16th time tonight and Randy Orton is going to main event WM? No fucking thank you!

Sure, but it was a damn entertaining show. I'll take predictable/safe but good over risky and bad every time.

Odd to say this about a show that I generally enjoyed throughout, but wow was that void of much in the way of surprise. On one hand I think you have to give them credit for having a stacked roster and choosing to focus on who they have rather than a bunch of cheap pops for nostalgia and returning acts. They are in some ways doing what people have implored them to do for years, but the eye obviously isn't fully to the future when your most protected acts are Taker, Cena, Brock, Orton, and Goldberg, who literally could have been your starting five about 15 years ago.