Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2018

El-P

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronda smiling and pointing wasn't the best look. I'm pretty sure they'll make it work but Mike Tyson this was not.

She's too much of a fangirl. She's dreamed of this since she was little. She wanted to be badass but couldn't stop grinning.

I kinda feel like that's what they were going for. Then she snaps and beats someone's ass in TV.

Men's Rumble was an all time great one.

Is this really true? I thought the final six felt special (both the young vs old and then shifting to Cena/Reigns vs Nak/Balor) which is pretty much half the battle. The Corbin stuff was good. The Slater stuff was good. One very fun surprise and one great return. Cole completely didn't matter. Almas had a good showing, I guess. The Kofi stuff was ok but went on a bit much with him hopping on one foot. The match felt like it was missing a hoss/giant.

The women's match felt a lot more special/memorable to me.

I know it's a big deal because the numbers say so, and that's great for Wrestlemania. It obviously is a big deal. But I've asked quite a few people I know who aren't wrestling fans if they know who Ronda Rousey is. The answer has been no every time. That has surprised me some. Did she crossover beyond just UFC fans, or was she just very popular in UFC?