Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Hidden Gems

NickH

1 hour ago, paul sosnowski said:

For March 21, 2019

03/13/1994 – March to WrestleMania X [Duration: 01:31:20]
Tatanka battles the mammoth Yokozuna while Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart faces Crush on the road to WrestleMania.

The most notable thing about this show is that among all the tiny dumps the WWF taped television in from late '93-'95, this special has to be the absolute worst. It looks like it's coming from an industrial warehouse basement somewhere. That and maybe the surprise finish to Crush-Bret.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Thursday March 28, 2019

Stampede Wrestling 02/04/1983 – Up North to Down South [Duration: 07:29]

Before becoming the greatest Intercontinental Champion ever, Honky Tonk Wayne teamed with David Schultz and Davey Boy Smith in Stampede.

WWF Superstars Taping 04/06/1993 – Lightning in a Bottle (Dark Match) [Duration: 05:24]

Before he became known as X-Pac, The Lightning Kid looked to score the 1-2-3 over Louie Spicolli in this rarely seen contest.

WWF Wrestling Challenge Taping 08/16/1994 – Blessed be the Road (Dark Match) [Duration: 05:49]

Before gaining notoriety as the Road Dogg, Brian Armstrong looked to shake off the curse when he faced Barry Hardy from WWE Challenge.

WCW Pro 11/14/1994 – The Pedigree of Degenerates [Duration: 05:21]

DX founding fathers collide in this match from WCW when the aristocratic blue blood Jean-Paul Levesque goes one-on-one with Brian Armstrong.

WWF Superstars Taping 03/10/1996 – A Stone Cold Heartbreak (Dark Match) [Duration: 27:26]

WWE Hall of Famers collide when Shawn Michaels takes on Stone Cold Steve Austin in the heart of their home state of Texas.

OVW 05/24/2003 – The One in OVW [Duration: 07:41]

Billy Gunn has a few tricks up his sleeve as he looks to even the odds against Mark Jindrak in this contest from OVW.

Magee is interesting because there are parts of him that are impressive. Good physique guy who was acrobatic, he’s out there doing junior heavyweight spots. But in between he’s as unnatural as any wrestler I’ve ever seen. 

I'm sorry, but I don't get why so many people are going nuts about the Magee/ Hart match being found. I totally understand that it's cool that it turned up. But it's just a young Bret Hart bumping around for a stiff. It's a super cool find, but I'm the long run, who cares?

I'm not sure I even buy the whole, " That's my next Champion " bit. I can't see Vince thinking "Tom Magee...That's a name that'll sell dolls!"  

If only Magee came in with a name like Dingo Warrior. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I'm sorry, but I don't get why so many people are going nuts about the Magee/ Hart match being found. I totally understand that it's cool that it turned up. But it's just a young Bret Hart bumping around for a stiff. It's a super cool find, but I'm the long run, who cares?

It's like finding definitive proof Bigfoot exists. Even if it ends up being a really tall homeless guy or some kind of defomed bear, you finally are able to get resolution of a long standing urban legend.  No one was expecting it to be a five star classic, we already knew from what was available that Magee sucked. The appeal was all "Bret is so good he got an acceptable match out of THAT guy".

14 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Megaman was the name he also went by and would've been his name as a star if he hadn't been too crappy to be seriously pushed 

Capcom would have had something to say about that.

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

It's like finding definitive proof Bigfoot exists. Even if it ends up being a really tall homeless guy or some kind of defomed bear, you finally are able to get resolution of a long standing urban legend.  No one was expecting it to be a five star classic, we already knew from what was available that Magee sucked. The appeal was all "Bret is so good he got an acceptable match out of THAT guy".

I will say that I think two or three years from now we'll look back at the Austin vs Michaels match that just dropped last week as a more significant historical find than the Magee vs Bret match. Obvious i say that without seeing the Bret match, but I also say it as a bigger Bret fan than a Michaels fan. That match gave us an abnormal Michaels performance (and really an abnormal transitory Austin performance). I think we're all pretty sure what the Bret performance will be like and it won't tell us anything new. If anything, it likely won't live up to the hype and we'll think worse of it. 

9 hours ago, Migs said:

The match predates the game by a year at least.

And I think he was Megaman even before that.  He was in World's Strongest Man from 1982-85 and watching replays of those is why I'd heard of him before I knew he had ever become a wrestler later, and I'm almost sure I knew him as Megaman from that.  

The hidden gems for April 4th 2019 according to WWE network news are the full press conferences of wrestlemania 2,3,and 4. Also the superstar taping where lex Luger had the belt presented to him by vince McMahon prior to WM X.Also, razor Ramon asking roddy piper to make a match between him and goldust at WM 12. I mean those last two are certainly what I'd call hidden gems from the vault. Also, the dark match before WM 9 with Tito Santana vs papa shango with Jim Ross on commentary. 

03/04/1986 – WrestleMania 2 Press Conference [Duration: 00:45:36]

Hulk Hogan has words for King Kong Bundy, while ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper delivers an important message to Mr. T on the road to WrestleMania.

02/27/1987 – WrestleMania 3 Press Conference [Duration: 00:33:53]

The tension between Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan comes to a fever pitch just weeks before WrestleMania III.

02/03/1988 – WrestleMania 4 Press Conference [Duration: 00:33:22]

Hear from Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan, Ted Dibiase and more as they prepare for WrestleMania IV.

WrestleMania IX Dark Match 04/04/1993 – Under the Shadow of Darkness [Duration: 00:10:06]

Papa Shango faces ‘El Matador’ Tito Santana in this rarely seen bout from WrestleMania IX featuring the WWE debut of Jim Ross on commentary.

Superstars Taping 02/22/1994 – Luger’s Golden Opportunity [Duration: 00:04:23]

Lex Luger looks to put Jim Cornette in his place and imagines what life would be like holding WWE Championship gold before WrestleMania X.

Superstars Taping 02/20/1996 – From Miami to Hollywood [Duration: 00:10:03]

Razor Ramon demands that WWE President, Roddy Piper, let him end his heated rivalry against Goldust in a Miami Alley Fight at WrestleMania XII.