Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/20 - 08/26 THE BIG DOG IS THE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION

KawadaSmile

16 minutes ago, Childs said:

What happened? Had to watch the stupid football game for work..

• Raw opens with Roman giving Finn a title shot, something that he was trying to get for years and never got. I stan a giving king.
  • Later on, Braun comes up to Finn in the locker room and wishes him good luck, saying that he is going to cash-in tonight, whatever the result of the main event
  • The main event happens, and it is obviously amazing, as Roman and Balor are incapable of having bad matches with each other - however, right before the finishing segment, Braun's music plays and he walks down the ramp, nearly costing Reigns the title, but nevertheless, The Big Dawg won.
  • Braun gives Reigns a massive boot, and almost cashes in. The bell hasn't rung yet. However...
  • SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO LIMA DELTA
  • SHIELD ARE BACK AND THEY THWART BRAUN'S CASH IN ATTEMPT! They give him a massive triple powerbomb through the table to end the show. Amazing stuff.

13 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

I am cracking up that people think that was some attempt to get Roman Reigns cheered. He just turned heel.

Not sure if he's a heel now. I mean, that would also mean they just turned Seth and Ambrose heels, which is not really smart. Braun was actually the bigger asshole in this segment, tbf.

We shall see.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:
  • Raw opens with Roman giving Finn a title shot, something that he was trying to get for years and never got. I stan a giving king.
  • Later on, Braun comes up to Finn in the locker room and wishes him good luck, saying that he is going to cash-in tonight, whatever the result of the main event
  • The main event happens, and it is obviously amazing, as Roman and Balor are incapable of having bad matches with each other - however, right before the finishing segment, Braun's music plays and he walks down the ramp, nearly costing Reigns the title, but nevertheless, The Big Dawg won.
  • Braun gives Reigns a massive boot, and almost cashes in. The bell hasn't rung yet. However...
  • SIERRA HOTEL INDIA ECHO DELTA
  • SHIELD ARE BACK AND THEY THWART BRAUN'S CASH IN ATTEMPT! They give him a massive triple powerbomb through the table to end the show. Amazing stuff.

Not sure if he's a heel now. I mean, that would also mean they just turned Seth and Ambrose heels, which is not really smart. Braun was actually the bigger asshole in this segment, tbf.

We shall see.

All I know for certain is that it was beautiful.  I was thinking he'd turn at Summerslam but that might have been better.

And as much as I want this to be "The Shield Is Taking Over" as a heel group with Braun as the chasing babyface, I'm sure it's not going to be that simple of a dynamic. Hope I'm wrong, cause the idea that this is now the finale of The Shield taking over as top guys, ala The Horsemen is pretty cool. I just think if that's what they're doing, it doesn't mean they aren't also going to feud with heels as well. 

20 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Numbers advantages don't go to babyfaces.

As a rule of thumb yes, but sometimes that's not the case. I remember more than one case of The Miz going against 2 people on handicap matches, and he was the heel.

I know it's not a usually smart practice, but in this particular case it makes sense.

Anyway, if that's a heel turn, I am completely fine with it.

Thing I've noticed is, Braun and Finn are clearly buddies, and Strowman also tagged a while with Lashley. Bob went against Corbin tonight, who now has the powers of a GM, since Steph gave Kurt some time off.

Seems like we've got some Six-Man Tag goodness in our hands, buddies.

Yeah. Zero faith in our national squad and it's not due to lack of quality players. The squad I support here in Brazil legit got me thinking I could fell ill at any time some years ago and that shit ain't right. Too young to be having heart attacks.

Sometimes wrestling gets some stuff right and sometimes it gets it wrong, today it got some of them very right.

There's always them Kawada and Han tapes to bring me some enjoyment, if all fails ;)

Not to derail this thread too much but Brazil completely Kawada'd against Belgium last month. They really should have won that QF and I think start as favorites next year. But yeah, managing expectations is important for everything. Styles vs. Joe blew me away and I enjoyed it a ton mainly because I didn't expect much. Looking forward to how they deal with that aftermath tomorrow. 

Just preventing an injustice. Seth and Dean protecting their friend and brother, came off very babyface like to me. If Braun wants to be a man like he claims, he can face Roman straight up one on one without Roman having just fought a 19 minute match, next week or any other. Can't see them turning arguably the two hottest faces on the brand right now in Seth and Dean.

@Microstatistics I think they just were very precise with their chances, and a more concise team overall. Courtois was on fire that day and we wasted way too many opportunities. We were kind of lucky to only concede 2 goals on the 1st half, to be honest. We tend to be favorites in continental tournaments, but that's usually because our peers are usually even worse than us. When it comes to World Cups we are slowly getting into our longest drought ever, which is not good. We just cannot seem to beat european squads since 2002 which fucking sucks.

Styles vs Joe was actually really good. Joe exceeded all the expectations, and for once I was glad they did the usual DQ finish. This type of feud cannot be a one and done deal. Unsure if Joe ever gets the upper hand in this, but if he keeps on the good work, it might become a reality. They might announce their HiaC rematch tomorrow, too.

6 hours ago, Alucard said:

Just preventing an injustice. Seth and Dean protecting their friend and brother, came off very babyface like to me. If Braun wants to be a man like he claims, he can face Roman straight up one on one without Roman having just fought a 19 minute match, next week or any other. Can't see them turning arguably the two hottest faces on the brand right now in Seth and Dean.

This is generally my thought, but what I’ve been hoping is that Roman/Dean turn together eventually.  Roman was going to get booed vs Braun anyhow, but this still leaves them lots of options (which is the cool thing about having your top guy on TV every week). I’m pumped about wherever they are headed and that ending got me as excited as I was as a kid during something like a Sting/nWo Nitro ending where he killed everyone with a bat.

To me, Roman doing a three-on-one beatdown on the most popular wrestler in the company tells me that even if he didn't turn, he's already a heel. If that won't turn him heel in a way where everyone gets that to be what happened, I can't imagine anything else they could do to actually turn him. I say that agreeing with Matt that this could all mean nothing in a month. 

Sorta comes across like a shades of gray situation that actually plays to both guys' characters. Braun might tell people he's going to cash in, but he's not above destroying people no matter what condition they're in. It wasn't exactly a fair fight and this is also a guy who tipped over an ambulance with a guy inside. Shield were evening up the odds and protecting Roman. And even when they were faces, they'd outnumber dudes all the time.

What the hell was that HHH promo? They announce the match with Undertaker, he does this long promo talking about how he said no to the match (that's already been announced) because they already ended their era, then he says he's doing the match because...uh...why? Made zero sense and was waaaay too long. 

19 minutes ago, Strummer said:

PWI says Matt Hardy and Jason Jordan did trial runs as WWE producers last night.  IE attending production/creative meetings and getting used to all the protocol.   So it would seem their in ring careers are pretty much over now

Dave said on Twitter a few days ago that people shouldn't draw that conclusion because lots of guys do this while injured.