Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/20 - 08/26 THE BIG DOG IS THE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION

KawadaSmile

I loved the ending, after watching it on Hulu. Everything from Roman Reigns in the corner setting up the Spear while Balor was down until RAW went off the air was good shit. The Braun theme & entrance causing the distraction. Thinking Finn was going to win because of it. Roman hitting the Spear & still winning. Braun actually getting into the ring & becoming physical with Roman. Them announcing the cash-in over the mic. The SHIELD theme hitting. Wondering if The SHIELD were actually going to attack Braun. Getting the big man off his feet with the Superman Punch, knee clip & Superkick. Setting up the first Triple Powerbomb attempt with THE MONSTER AMONG MEN fighting off all three of them to get out of it. Then getting Speared & triple powerbombed through the table anyway. And going off the air with The SHIELD doing their fist pose.

That was just good shit & good pro-wrestling. Crowd was losing their minds. And it makes you curious about what's going to happen next week.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw an interview with Jon Robinson who wrote the recent book on Wrestlemania and he claims that Seth v Dean and Angle v Jason Jordan were both planned for WM 34 this year before Jordan and Ambrose got hurt.

also said that the Usos pitched a TLC match with the New Day and Owens pitched for a match with Vince but they obviously didn't go in those directions.

so I guess adding Angle to the mixed tag was a late decision.  I guess they really thought they could get Rock

If they aren't going to turn Nikki heel at some point, the build for Evolution is going to be really awkward and weird. The Bellas are being shoehorned into this division, and I don't have faith they are going to give us much reason as to why beyond "because Total Bellas"

You guys are all a bunch of Charlie Brown's.

Super pumped because of one show ending hot angle. Then next week (or maybe even 2-3 weeks from now) nothing will have changed. Rinse repeat.

Here's a clue; if you have to debate whether Roman turned, he didn't. Remember post-Undertaker, he did the "this is my yard now" promo to 100% boos?

Apparently on commentary, Cole and crew were discussing how Ambrose and Rollins made the heroic save for their best friend since Braun was trying to take advantage of his weakened state.

Illogical BS over and over and over with some singular moments (WWE Trademark!) in between.

18 minutes ago, Strummer said:

So yeah I guess Bryan re-signed. ^_^

There really wasn't any doubt, really. I don't really think he would want to uproot his family to go back to living the life of an indy darling, and he'd have to work more dates when reportedly part of his negotiations were to get a reduced schedule with WWE.

Rowan was AMAZING in this match. Knowing that he was wrestling with pratically one arm, his performance stands out even more.

I used to dislike him a lot, but the biggest takeaway from the Bludgeon Brothers is the MASSIVE improvement he's had both as a singles and as a tag wrestler (he used to be really good as the latter, but now he is even greater). Mad respect for him, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

It just occurred to me. It doesn't matter if The Shield are heels, babyfaces, or an Austin-esque mixture. It's now clearly the Roman era, for lack of a better term, and he's never been more universally loved or hated than when The Shield was together. Because that's when he was always fucking cool either way. Same goes for Rollins, and for Ambrose, who surprisingly, never had a heel run.

But Ambrose was always hot and cold as far as total coolness factor. But this reinvented Ambrose is pretty awesome so far. I love that they're saving his first promo for later. Cause he's a great promo, and I'd imagine he's reinvented that as well as his character.

2 hours ago, Childs said:

I knew we were getting the mixed tag but can't help feeling it's another example of them undercutting Bryan. I'm not saying that's the point of the angle, but he did not come off well in that segment.

I feel like they know where they ultimately want to go with him (maybe?), but aren't sure how to fill the time. What I think might have been a miscalculation is doing another long build to him getting back to the top. Maybe in hindsight they should have put him in the main event of the first post-WM PPV against AJ Styles and never looked back. 

Still, DB is the type that to me is always one week away from being the hottest star in the company. Until then, I think it's ok that he's sort of like mid-80s Jimmy Valiant -- the midcard draw.

If they start running those Shield six-man tags with weird (but fun!) WAR style trio combos again like they did back in 2013 and 2014, then I might start watching some of their TV again.

Outside of Smackdown from Fall 2016 to Spring 2017, the last time I watched WWE week to week was during that hot Shield and D-Bryan stuff. Bryan got hurt, the Shield split up, and I tapped out.

The couple of times a year I've tried to give their TV a chance since then, it's just been god awful. But the idea of strange trios teams forming & trying to take on the Shield could at least get me to give it a shot. Possibly.

19 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

I feel like they know where they ultimately want to go with him (maybe?), but aren't sure how to fill the time. What I think might have been a miscalculation is doing another long build to him getting back to the top. Maybe in hindsight they should have put him in the main event of the first post-WM PPV against AJ Styles and never looked back. 

Still, DB is the type that to me is always one week away from being the hottest star in the company. Until then, I think it's ok that he's sort of like mid-80s Jimmy Valiant -- the midcard draw.

With all the Roman stuff seemingly settled for the moment there is no reason Bryan shouldn't win the Rumble.  If would fit the story and serve as an apology for 2014/2015.

the Miz/Bryan # 1 contenders match at the Australian show of course adds intrigue here.  Miz wins and then beats AJ.  Then Bryan win Rumble setting up Mania.  I mean I wouldn't expect that to happen but everything is lined up here

13 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

The only issue is I'm not sure how they do all the matches on the table with The Shield, Reigns as Universal champ, and Rollins as IC champ all at the same time, unless they wrestle multiple times on each big show. Curious how they'll do it.

The Freebirds didn't always wrestle in Six-Man tags. They were spread around the card. So I'd imagine that they still have their solo themes and gear. They'll enter together for promos to Shield music and wearing matching T Shirts, and the six mans will be occasional. They're going to do a six-man right away, but not all the time.

I get that. It's just that it seems like the next PPV should have a title defense and it also seems like it should have a Shield match. But anytime a Shield match is on a big show, that's two title matches they can't have unless Rollins is going to drop the IC title again. Not the worst problem to have at all, just saying I'm curious how they navigate it. It's why anytime there was a DX reunion, they always made sure HHH wasn't champion.

2 hours ago, Strummer said:

the Miz/Bryan # 1 contenders match at the Australian show of course adds intrigue here.  Miz wins and then beats AJ.  Then Bryan win Rumble setting up Mania.  I mean I wouldn't expect that to happen but everything is lined up here

Exactly what I was thinking as well

7 hours ago, Alucard said:

Exactly what I was thinking as well

Yup, that is where I thought they were going right away when Miz said he would never face Bryan again.  It’s wishful thinking but I think at least somewhat realistic and logical.  I would have preferred them holding off on the start of the feud until later in the year but I get them wanting the first one on Summerslam.