Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/20 - 08/26 THE BIG DOG IS THE UNIVERSAL CHAMPION

KawadaSmile

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

Yup, that is where I thought they were going right away when Miz said he would never face Bryan again.  It’s wishful thinking but I think at least somewhat realistic and logical.  I would have preferred them holding off on the start of the feud until later in the year but I get them wanting the first one on Summerslam.

Bryan's a smart guy, when he made those comments where he basically laughed at the idea of WWE being able to build a Miz program to Mania part of me wondered if he did it on purpose to needle Vince into proving him wrong. Because it seems the best way to ensure Vince tries do to something is to tell  him he can't.

4 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Will do. I watch 205 very occasionally and there's never a bad match. Murphy might as well be one of the bestwrestlers in the world this year

Any year end wrestling awards that includes a "Most Improved" category, better have Buddy Murphy winning by a considerable margin this year. The difference between the tag team guy in NXT and the guy tearing shit up on 205 Live is amazing.

4 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Any year end wrestling awards that includes a "Most Improved" category, better have Buddy Murphy winning by a considerable margin this year. The difference between the tag team guy in NXT and the guy tearing shit up on 205 Live is amazing.

NXT never did anything with Buddy after the tag team break up as he had a rep of not taking direction well or at all. Kassius Ohno and Seth Rollins had that rep but that was more of personality/culture clash. People can be just dicks. Buddy was more of the latter by all accounts.

Buddy and Lio Rush are both problem children who got a new lease on life Wrestling on the least produced of all the WWE brands. I am not so sure he's a Most Improved candidate in terms of actuality. Florida fans have raved about him for years. But those matches aren't on offer to the wider public. So?

23 hours ago, Charles (Loss) said:

I get that. It's just that it seems like the next PPV should have a title defense and it also seems like it should have a Shield match. But anytime a Shield match is on a big show, that's two title matches they can't have unless Rollins is going to drop the IC title again. Not the worst problem to have at all, just saying I'm curious how they navigate it. It's why anytime there was a DX reunion, they always made sure HHH wasn't champion.

Next PPV is Hell In The Cell. It's the perfect show to do the six man right away, cause the hate filled HITC match for a belt is AJ/ Joe. And if they do a six man in the cell as well, then that's fine as well, cause it's HITC. There's lots of other matches to have besides the Universal and IC. Especially at a show built around a gimmick.

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Don't tease KawadaSmile like this. It's cruel. We almost lost him this week already.

I am not upset that Roman Reigns is the Big Dog of the World Wrestling Federation.

By the way, Roman has less merch than AJ Styles, for instance. He might even have less T-Shirts than Ambrose and Rollins.

Remember that Cena's merch sales would go down when he lost a big match which is why he always had to get his win right back.

i wonder if the same happens/happened with Roman?  (Do his sales go down after losing)

last time I saw a list AJ was right behind Roman.  So the two champions are the guys who sell the most merch.  I guess this is officially how we judge drawing power in this modern era

I mean when I got on the net 20 years it was buys, ratings, attendance.  Merch sales were discussed but not even close to those other three.  Everyone knew Austin sold the most shirts but I don't remember it being reported that they "couldn't push Ken Shamrock stronger because he was only 12th in the company in merch numbers" type stories like we here today

8 hours ago, Strummer said:

I mean when I got on the net 20 years it was buys, ratings, attendance.  Merch sales were discussed but not even close to those other three.  Everyone knew Austin sold the most shirts but I don't remember it being reported that they "couldn't push Ken Shamrock stronger because he was only 12th in the company in merch numbers" type stories like we here today

It’s one of the only metrics they have anymore that can demonstrably show someone getting over.  

That new red and black Big Dog shirt might be the first one that is actually wearable.  I say that as someone who has wanted to buy a Roman shirt for a long while and being pretty disappointed by how garish they all are.  Same goes for all the Shield merch ever.