Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/27 - 09/02 *insert topical subject here*

KawadaSmile

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KO's best match, at least ever since the Cena feud. Not too keen on the Stunner being used as a nearfall, but hey, that's bound to happen.

Also, if their big plan is to have KO "quit", it better end up with him getting a good babyface run. Dude's been heel for his entire run, get some change please.

Told you all. I trust WWE when it comes to Braun/Roman.

Braun is honorable enough to annouce the moment of his cash-in, but not honorable enough to fuck his opponent over before it. Get those 6-Man tags coming boys.

Also, maybe he turned his briefcase in precisely because he wanted to fuck Roman over.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:21 PM, Charles (Loss) said:

I am cracking up that people think that was some attempt to get Roman Reigns cheered. He just turned heel.

This post aged well.... Sorry Charles, couldn't resist.

In all seriousness, can we stop thinking that every Roman heel "moment" is a turn? His merchandise outsells the absent Cena now and to Vince he's the franchise. They will not give up and they will not turn him. We will continue to get start and stop storylines all built around Roman, whether he's champion or not.

Obviously many of you enjoy that and that's cool. But the idea that WWE has any sort of master plan goes against the past 15 years (plus?) of hard evidence.

Yeah, considering The Miz had his fair share of supporters at SummerSlam and even Ziggler was cheered by like 10% of the crowd during his matches with Rollins, Braun will still be cheered over Reigns when they go 1-on-1. (Though I do think Reigns did a good job in his promo to start the show, Cena could be really hot on the mic and still get booed later on in the same show, so I'm not sure Reigns is going to talk his way into being universally cheered).

Also, I know nobody is really saying it here but elsewhere on the internet, some fans are actually upset that they "turned Braun heel." Um...What? I thought we all agreed that Braun lost much of his aura the minute he tagged with 7 year olds and played the cello? If getting Bad Ass Braun back means he turned heel, may he never turn babyface again.

8 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

You can just write this as him really hating Roman. I mean, so far it was his only big feud and both tried to kill each other in it. Sounds logical enough that he wasn't just going to be buddies with him in this circumstance.

Yeah, he also would look like a complete dumbass to be friends with the guy who literally powerbombed him through a table last week.

Anyway, it was still fucking odd.

9 hours ago, Beast said:

This post aged well.... Sorry Charles, couldn't resist.

You are the second person to do this to me, the first one was on Twitter. It actually makes me angry when people dig up old posts and play "gotcha!" in a way that I can't even tell you, but I'm trying to be better.

This week, Braun did something really heelish and both of these guys are the top babyfaces. Convention is dead. Everything is upside down. A big TV money, pink ring ropes during breast cancer month, trending on Twitter, "1-2, no!" mess.

Braun is one of those guys that just screams "HEEL". Killed the Raw tag team division by himself (although I did enjoy that segment with Nicholas), bullied KO into quitting the company...

His road to superstardom started with him killing jobbers. People enjoyed that for the sheer cartoon brutality (as they should), but his shelf life as heel is much bigger than as a face. I mean, other than teaming up with small guys like Nicholas and Finn, there wasn't really much to his face tenure.

He's not going to cool down either way.