Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/27 - 09/02 *insert topical subject here*

KawadaSmile

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, ...TG said:

Saw someone on Twitter propose Miz/Maryse/Almas/Vega v Bryan/Bellas/Cena for Survivor Series and it's one of those fantasy booking ideas that's so damn good I'm going to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Nah, Miz should be getting the belt from AJ Styles (or Joe) at Survivor Series.

15 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Well, Vega and Andrade also aren't a real couple, so Cena and Nikki being there would even things out.

Yeah but Cena and Nikki were a real couple, and despite how much was played up for reality TV clearly things went sour between them.

Man, I hate when people follow up a finisher with a submission hold. Even Minoru Suzuki is guilty of that. 

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Once again, Carmella carries Charlotte to a good match.

This might seem like an exaggeration (and probably is) but there is a semblance of truth to it. Carmella is a pretty good worker, good to see her get some recognition.

It is a slight exaggeration, to be honest. Carmella was the better perfomer every single time she faced Charlotte, and while Flair wasn't the absolute pits like in the first match they had together, Carmella's performance here was great.

She's good. Can become great - and considering how little in-ring experience she has, it's quite the leap!

Also, in terms of crowd reaction it's amazing how Becky Lynch is suddenly the hottest performer in the company. I think WWE underestimated before she turned just how much people have always been into her. I think there's an earnestness to what she says and does that makes her really easy to like. She is the one that always gets everything over. She's not doing anything to generate this response, but I'm happy for her that she's getting it. I just have a feeling that they've learned all the wrong things from Roman Reigns and will as a result double down on Charlotte as a babyface, taking that she's getting booed to be a sign that it's working. The world is upside down.

7 minutes ago, Charles (Loss) said:

Also, in terms of crowd reaction it's amazing how Becky Lynch is suddenly the hottest performer in the company. I think WWE underestimated before she turned just how much people have always been into her. I think there's an earnestness to what she says and does that makes her really easy to like. She is the one that always gets everything over. She's not doing anything to generate this response, but I'm happy for her that she's getting it. I just have a feeling that they've learned all the wrong things from Roman Reigns and will as a result double down on Charlotte as a babyface, taking that she's getting booed to be a sign that it's working. The world is upside down.

The fact that they don't understand why Bayley's heel turn didn't work is really telling to me. When you constantly make your faces look like chumps, people don't see what Bayley or Becky did as a heel turn. It's more of a "fuck yeah, stand up for yourself!" moment. I also think she's riding a wave of frustration with the women's division that is really starting to bubble up. 

I... don't think they are applying what they've learned from Roman's push into this Charlotte/Becky feud.

For one, even if a portion of the crowd booed Roman, it wasn't rare to listen to "this is awesome!" and "Let's go Roman/Roman sucks" chants. You can claim that he's divisive, but he was never someone to have the crowds go quiet, and even less he was one to not have the crowd rally behind him at some point. 

In Charlotte's case, I believe they are actually booking her as a heel and Becky as a face, even if by complete accident and ineptitude - her promo last night was something atrocious, when you consider it was a face supposing to be saying it. From the content to the delivery, you could think Flair was possessed by the ghost of The Living Miz. Meanwhile, Becky swears in her promo and looks like an Austin-esque badass superstar.

Then, if we think about the reactions she's getting throughout her appearances, it's even worse. There's no crowd split, they really don't care about her as much as they care about Becky.

All in all, it's not even the same thing as Roman, they just made themselves another crazy scenario. This one seems to have a clearer solution, though.

1 hour ago, Charles (Loss) said:

I am confused on which matches have a cell and which ones don't.

I don't watch weekly TV (except NXT), but the official WWE site says that Strowman vs. Reigns and Orton vs. Hardy are the HiaC matches while Styles vs. Joe (the obvious candidate for a HiaC match) is not.

Mella IS Money.

5 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I get why they had The Miz interfering in Bryan vs Almas , probably to protect Almas from eating  a clean finish but I wish we could've had one. They had great chemistry together.

I was shocked but glad they didn't have Almas tap out yet again, as he has recently to Styles and Rusev.

11 hours ago, Robert S said:

I don't watch weekly TV (except NXT), but the official WWE site says that Strowman vs. Reigns and Orton vs. Hardy are the HiaC matches while Styles vs. Joe (the obvious candidate for a HiaC match) is not.

I'd argue that Jeff and Orton did more to warrant a cell match than Joe and AJ.