Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestle Kingdom 13

NintendoLogic

Only watched the jr title match as it was the only match on the card that interested me, it was meh nothing more it seemed very sterile and that they didn't work great together, a few spots were messed up and mistimed but they also had a few good things. It felt like an afterthought and that kushida is saving himself to work Shane throne on the next Florida loop.

Okada/White should've been worked as more of hate-filled brawl given the build, but I guess they worked the right match for the result they wanted. Okada was the first guy the crowd reacted to like a star.

Jericho/Naito was the match I was most looking forward to coming in. Here's hoping it lives up to its potential.

Ibushi/Ospreay was fun. I have only been half paying attention though, if we're being honest, due to a friend having an anxiety issue and wanting to have a skype chat. So, I'll be going back later today to watch the undercard. From what I've watched though, nothing has been outstanding. Just good. Thought Okada/White would be worked differently but I guess Jericho/Naito will be the hate filled brawl. 

I didn't like the back work becoming an afterthought, but that was a fantastic match otherwise. Not only was it the MOTN, it felt like the best possible Kenny Omega match. All the Elite guys jobbed, although I figure Tanahashi would have kicked out of the One Winged Angel if they were definitely on the way out.

Most of the show felt forgettable, but the last two matches delivered, so I give it a thumbs up.

Thought the opener and the last three matches delivered in a big way with that being probably my favorite WK main event of this era (just sneaking past Tana-Okada). I did watch at a public viewing though so that naturally skews things to the positive. Still, was biting on everything Tana and Omega did in that main event.

Very good show. Top two matches and Ibushi-Ospreay got the focus and delivered. White-Okada was very good, although it felt like they kept some stuff in the tank for the rematch (and maybe to give White a cleaner win). The undercard was all brisk but very enjoyable. Five hours (including pre-show) that flew by.

Ibushi/Ospreay, Naito/Jericho & Tanahashi/Omega were all awesome.

My favorite match was probably Jericho/Naito because I'm a mark for a good brawl, but there's no fault in liking any of those three matches the most.

I still can't buy into Jay White. He just feels really bland to me. I was disappointed with that match.

Great show though. Long, probably too long, but great show nevertheless. 

Best NJ Dome show I've ever seen.

Ibushi vs Ospreay was insane. MOTYC. NO wonder they put it in the opening, to distance it from the later big matches.

ZSJ vs Ishii was great and showed again it doesn't take 30 minutes to reach greatness.

Okada vs White was great and yet still left you wanting for more. Loved Okada going back to the classic look and theme song, and failing.

Jericho vs Naito was great, probably MOTYC. Jericho is gonna fee sore as hell. Terrific brawl.

Tanahashi vs Omega was a classic. MOTYC. I wouldn't put it exactly at the same level as Omega vs Okada III (then again, maybe nothing ever will), but it was absolutely brillant.

The rest of the card was wonderfully paced, with the very good three-ways to give you a breather while still keeping the pace up. Cody vs Robinson was really good too, loved the gaga with Brandi early on, then it went into a simple bomb exchange, which was efficient. The only one match that may have underacheived a bit was Kushida vs Ishimori, very good nonetheless (and loved the intro for Kushida), but I was excepting a bit more. The pre-show gauntlet was tons of fun.

Great, great show.

After all the Liv Morgan/Brie Bella concussion controversy, Surprised not heard anything over the Ibushi vs Ospreay match.

Hard to know if it came earlier in the match, but if it was the ending with that forearm to the back of the head which knocked him out.

Be interesting if Ospreay gets anything like the same heat Bri did, or the referee for not calling the match off.

Well again Brie got the heat she did for having a rep hurting others/herself that to my knowledge Ospreay doesn't. People in the company really wanted to make it a "the internet is picking on a girl" thing when it wasn't. 

It's been stated many times that there's a difference between a "shit happens" moment and a sloppy worker, last night seemed to be the former rather than the latter.

However I was side eyeing the ref for seemingly not being concerned that Ibushi appeared to be KTFO.

Good show.  Would probably give MOTN to the main event, followed by ZSJ/Ishii.  Also enjoyed Jericho/Naito.  Was into Ospreay/Ibushi for a while but Ospreay just doesn’t do it for me 95% of the time, especially when he gets into his shrieking “selling.”  Wish Kushida/Ishimori had gotten more time.

On the down side, I thought all the tag matches were pretty weak.  Jay White is what he is.  I definitely don’t see what they see but good on them for putting him over every top guy in the company, I guess.  Cody was fucking awful as usual.  The highlight of that match being Brandi getting ejected to next to zero reaction along with Cody getting zero offense (hopefully) on the way out the door.  I like Juice but there’s only so much that you can do in a Cody match.

AEW will be great if they quarintine all the guys I don’t want to see.  I could go without ever seeing another shitty Adam Page shooting star press to the outside ever again, along with Cody and Marty Scurll.

30 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Well again Brie got the heat she did for having a rep hurting others/herself that to my knowledge Ospreay doesn't. People in the company really wanted to make it a "the internet is picking on a girl" thing when it wasn't. 

It's been stated many times that there's a difference between a "shit happens" moment and a sloppy worker, last night seemed to be the former rather than the latter.

However I was side eyeing the ref for seemingly not being concerned that Ibushi appeared to be KTFO.

An forearm to the back of the head seems more dangerous than a chair, as you can't get your hands up to protect yourself. Guessing Ospreay was trying to slide it across the head but misjudged it.                                                                                                          

I do think the ref should have called the match off and stopped Ospreay from doing anything more at that point. Or at least Ospreay could of just covered him, rather than do more impact to the guy.

I liked Jericho/Naito just fine, even if I think it would have been a great match with five minutes chopped off the middle as opposed to simply a very good one, but that was easily the MOTN for me.

I didn't like Omega/Tanahashi much at all. Between Omega's goofy faces, his knee selling that he'd randomly forget about for 15 minutes and then it would just be killing him again, a very mastubatory opening 10-15 minutes that added absolutely nothing to the overall story... it very much felt like just kind of a mess.

White/Okada was a fine grapple, but felt very flaccid given the story they've been telling there. This needed a lot more hate.

The ZSJ superplex spot where he popped up, did this intricate arm attack, and then went back to selling his neck was a goofy as fuck spot.

11 hours ago, sek69 said:

Well again Brie got the heat she did for having a rep hurting others/herself that to my knowledge Ospreay doesn't.

Except that was just made up by fans to justify giving her abuse. That was actually the first time Brie had ever injured anyone (debuted in 2006), whereas Meltzer's been warning people to enjoy Ospreay is gonna be "the next Dynamite Kid" with how often he injures himself.