Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 04/01 - 04/08: The Brazilian Military Dictatorship started in April Fools'...

KawadaSmile

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I hope you mean that Miz is 1000x better than Sanity.

Wow, the trophies for the Andre and Moolah are eyesores.

Of course. Miz is top 5 in this company at least.

13 minutes ago, Badlittlekitten said:

It was a bit strong though, I don't know why Bad ass face Miz is a thing.

He does star in the Marine movies, y'know.

Also this schmoz was so fun to watch. SD is great.

Fucking LOVED Kofi turning things around on Bryan and pretty much saying that he knows that Kofi has DB's 2014 momentum...and Bryan knows that means he's gonna lose at Mania. Kofi's resolve and D-Bry's fear/disbelief sold that story so well.

Only Vince being a moron will stop this match from being fucking amazing, can't wait for it...it's the only match that bums me out that I won't be able to watch live.

I don't even know how good a Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston match will be because, let's face it, Kofi isn't great and his offence looks weak as fuck. But obviously this isn't about that and match quality isn't the most important thing. I just hope they put it on at a time when the crowd isn't burned out because if the crowd is hot and they give them a couple of nearfalls to bite on before the finish, it could be an all time pop for Kofi.

I dunno. Miz is a clear case of being both underrated and overrated at the same time. He's much much better than some give him credit for (see also : Taichi). I also totally see the point of him looking like someone "playing pro-wrestler", especially as a babyface.

Kofi should get the upset win at Mania and then lose the title back the following day. Because let's face it, he's not a main event player at all.

Badass Miz is kinda corny, but it kinda works in this scenario given his motivation. He's fighting for his family and for his father's honor etc. Most of his best material was hot-blooded as well, like that one where he called Daniel Bryan a coward.

While I don't think he should be Stone Cold Mizaustin, he can carry himself well as a babyface now. Certainly more than he did back in 2011 or whenever his failed run was.

They just announced both battle royals and the cruiserweight title match will be in the preshow. I'm guessing the Andre will be during the 6-7 hour being aired on USA, but what was the point of having the guys from SNL involved if they aren't even on the main show.

Miz as a babyface is such a novelty act. I think you're absolutely right in assuming the right conditions have to be met first & foremost. Miz has steadily built up new equity with the fan base, simply by being such a standout heel so consistently for the last... What? 3 years or more?

Couple that with the right opponent in Shane, and yeah. It works.

But I don't think it's destined to be a long-term gig with him. Even with the fresh "family man" coat of paint, I just can't see babyface Miz being a strong act for very long. I doubt it takes too long for him to feel horribly miscast all over again.

For this feud? It works. And a program (with the roles reversed) against Bryan is obviously a neat idea that I wouldn't mind seeing explored. Briefly. But yeah. Babyface Miz - beyond that - would probably start to seem out of place. It just isn't his element.

21 hours ago, sek69 said:

Shoutout to the person in the front row during the Bryan/Kofi segment holding the US Virgin Islands flag. Probably one of the most random things I've seen at a show.

That seems to be a thing now.

There's a Trinidad flag on at least one PPV a year.