Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania 35: The KawadaSmile tribute thread

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually had fun watching this show. Not every match has been great, certainly, and it's been way too long... but I've enjoyed it. I'm extremely tired now, just from watching it from my home... so I can only imagine how exhausted the people in attendance are. 

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

Can someone tell me what happened?

Ronda went for her finisher, Becky turned it into a crucifix pin, Ronda's shoulder was up at 1 but the ref kept counting and Becky got the pin. Not sure if it was a botch, but it felt underwhelming as fuck.

Match was fine but with such a spent crowd, it takes away the special feel it should've had.

I kinda like the finish. Winning it out of nowhere, by the skin of her teeth, kinda fits the underdog Becky Lynch character. She was never, ever going to make Ronda tap out. Did it feel sudden and WTF-ish at the time it happened? A bit. But it works. And it doesn't matter one bit anyway. Becky won, held two title belts in the air, and had her "WrestleMania moment" in a genuinely historic main event.