Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV June 17th - 23rd 2019

FMKK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ...TG said:

Why we love Bryan: after Saxton brings up the Bushwhackers in relation to Heavy Machinery, Bryan says to look up the Sheepherders on the network instead.

I love his "Make Tag Teams Great Again" gimmick, it's a little too on the nose for a heel to go around pointing out how the tag division sucks. It's one thing to say it when it doesn't and he's a heel saying heel things, but it *does* suck so it just makes you agree with the bad guy.

If they go with this direction of Beast Slayer Seth beating the fuck out of everyone with chairs along with LassKicker Becky they could do some cool shit here.  I'd turn em heel and have em wreck shit.  I know everyone here hates Seth.  I don't, but I like him much better as a heel, and him and Becky as the top heel act could be money.  I mean, right now it's what.....Shane and Baron Corbin?

WWE to BT Sport in the UK and Ireland is confirmed, ending their 30 year relationship with Sky. Both are subscription cable/satellite services but Sky is much more established and has a lot more customers. Viewership on Sky was down and they obviously weren't selling PPVs in anything like the old numbers so I can imagine that Sky would've lowballed them. But if AEW manages to get an established TV spot somewhere on ITV that basically makes them the biggest wrestling show on the UK market.

Cue the "WWE just added six months to Harper's contract" joke.

In all seriousness, I don't mind WWE talents criticizing the products but when someone like Jon Moxley laid down the roadmap on how to deal with the remainder of their contract, it's baffling to think that acting otherwise will get them the same result. That or they think they'll be exceptions like Shawn Spears and KENTA.

32 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Cue the "WWE just added six months to Harper's contract" joke.

In all seriousness, I don't mind WWE talents criticizing the products but when someone like Jon Moxley laid down the roadmap on how to deal with the remainder of their contract, it's baffling to think that acting otherwise will get them the same result. That or they think they'll be exceptions like Shawn Spears and KENTA.

I don't know if that's a viable roadmap with the way he torched the company after they gave him as classy a sendoff as they've given anyone. If anything, he ensured that anyone who wants to leave will be buried six feet under on the way out.

They gave him a classy sendoff because they assumed he was just taking a break and coming back, even though he made it clear he wasn't re-signing. I don't want to say that Vince is genuinely naive when it comes to talents' feelings when contracts expire but it definitely was a miscalculation on his part on many angles, including trying to bury Moxley in a feud with EC3, which caused Vince to be mad at EC3 for no reason other than the fans didn't react how Vince wanted, and EC3 being buried in return. If anything, that should've been the wake-up call for Vince to get his shit together and use his roster to its full potential. But he remains as complacent as he's been in the past 18 years.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

It's not the first time Rusev acts all "Fire me please, I don't give a fuck anymore" on social media. I doubt the guy is signing any new contract. 

I need monster heel Rusev vs old man Dustin so I really hope he doesn't resign

18 minutes ago, FMKK said:

I need monster heel Rusev vs old man Dustin so I really hope he doesn't resign

Fuck me. And Rusev vs Omega. Rusev vs Janela. Rusev vs Moxley in a Fuck-WWE-On-A-Pole match ? Lana doing actual *fun* manager work ? Damn, isn't this fun ? We're all speculating about when people's contracts are up and shit, like it's 1997 !

8 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Lars may be out the rest of the year with his knee injury

That guy is snakebit. Possible still a racist asshole, the anxiety attack deal which got him off Mania vs Cena, now this... 

Lars will be the answer to a trivia question in five years.

WWE wrestlers with as many setbacks as he's had rarely get pushed to the same heights afterward. KENTA/Hideo Itami is the most recent example, but even Dolph Ziggler never sniffed the World Title again after his concussion (unless we get a surprise victory over Kofi on Sunday, which wouldn't shock me as much as most).

So it looks like WWE's new plan is to send guys like Road Dogg and Drew Mac out to do interviews saying the people not happy with their station in the company just weren't working hard enough to get what they want.  

That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off. 

12 minutes ago, sek69 said:

So it looks like WWE's new plan is to send guys like Road Dogg and Drew Mac out to do interviews saying the people not happy with their station in the company just weren't working hard enough to get what they want.  

That's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off. 

Gotta get that brass ring, sucka'.

I mean, it's not as if the person who was the unofficial poster child for this wave of disgruntled independent contractors went and did two separate long form interviews on how he couldn't get the old man in charge of things to get past poop jokes long enough to listen to his ideas.

It's going to be real cute when they try to cherry pick the obvious guys who don't read verbatim from scripts as if they are on the same level as the folks in NXT/Midcard WWE guys. 

Pretty bleak times that the TV thread on a week before a PPV can’t even get two pages of discussion.  Certainly seems like this is the coldest WWE has been in several years.  Hard to imagine how anyone can be confident that anything will be any better when they move to Fox.

5 hours ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

Pretty bleak times that the TV thread on a week before a PPV can’t even get two pages of discussion.  Certainly seems like this is the coldest WWE has been in several years.  Hard to imagine how anyone can be confident that anything will be any better when they move to Fox.

I can't think of a worse run of WWE TV and booking. I would take 1995, 1999 AND 2002-2004 over this without hesitation.