Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/08 - 07/14 Copa America was a romp and a half but the National Team still sucks

KawadaSmile

It's going to be weird if/when Raw starts to get markedly better, turning Heyman babyface with the crowd (since it's pretty much only the hardcores left) but his on screen character will still be the evil heel manager of Brock. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Not anything must watch, but Usos/Miz vs Revival/Elias was cool.

2 minutes ago, C.S. said:

This show has been an enormous pile of shit.

So much for "the Heyman touch."

We're back to business as usual already

Thanks for the feedback. I cleared out some recent big NOAH matches rather than watch live.  I'm sure it'll be appointment viewing once again pretty soon, but can't say I'm compelled to make it a priority as long as Baron Corbin & co. are featured. 

Really looking forward to AJ/Ricochet and Kofi/Joe this weekend.  If the mixed tag is the main and thus lets me cut out early it could be a pretty decent show.

Edited by WingedEagle
Typos

3 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Question is if they do Taker/Roman or Taker/Drew at Summerslam

Hopefully neither.

But I could see Taker turning and become one of Shane's kiss-asses.

His run in the same role with Vince was underrated.

That was an awful show with nothing interesting on it at all. Just short matches and matches to use timeouts for commercials.

57 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Yeah last week's show was much better. Hopefully they finally blow off this Roman/Shane stuff at the ppv. It's not doing Roman any favors. 

Question is if they do Taker/Roman or Taker/Drew at Summerslam

Local ads have Taker/Drew for SummerSlam, with online reports saying Taker had requested to work with Drew.

I read the rumors about Taker/Drew. Good god, why? I mean, if Drew had defeated Rollins consistently in the fall, then Reigns consistently after that, I could see it. But Drew McIntyre is a Dino Bravo-level heel. 

Even Taker/Reigns II feels senseless considering Reigns defeated him at Mania a couple years back. I'd still prefer that over Taker/Drew, but not by much. I'm not sure there is a Taker match I'd be super interested in seeing - but if I had my pick, it'd definitely be Daniel Bryan. Bryan has proven he can carry just about anyone to a good match (Big Cass) and I'd love to hear him go off on The Deadman just being a "marketing tool" to sell dolls and t-shirts, etc.

I haven't been watching but I'm curious about the "no wrestling during commercial breaks" thing and the reaction it has gotten.

I know it's not the same but I wonder if the fans that have been wanting the return of squash matches and less marquee matchups on free TV to save them for big shows and build shit up on RAW/SD also hate this new format.

1 hour ago, Jmare007 said:

I haven't been watching but I'm curious about the "no wrestling during commercial breaks" thing and the reaction it has gotten.

I know it's not the same but I wonder if the fans that have been wanting the return of squash matches and less marquee matchups on free TV to save them for big shows and build shit up on RAW/SD also hate this new format.

I think it's okay, to be honest. I get why people would be upset, but I still take  2/3 Falls matches over chinlocks that go on forever.

4 hours ago, DMJ said:

Drew McIntyre is a Dino Bravo-level heel. 

Ouch! It's a shame, because weren't people predicting this guy would win the Royal Rumble and headline WrestleMania? Since then, he's been positioned as a Mike Kanellis "bitch" character for Baron and now Shane, with loss after loss to go along with it.

At this point, Drew defeating Taker would not be remotely believable. 

You guys, he's actually right.

But forget about the announcers... Shane and Drew believing it made even less sense. Why would the janitor suddenly need to wear a mask?

Edit: Apparently Shane asked the janitor to wear the mask? I completely missed that. Also makes no sense.