Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/08 - 07/14 Copa America was a romp and a half but the National Team still sucks

KawadaSmile

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The women’s division that they have invested so much goodwill marketing in has been basically exposed as worthless once Ronda left who had been carrying the whole thing. But Bayley cutting the shoot promo of the year has finally brought some interest back, inadvertently exposing the circus animal treatment to someone outside of the bubble.

There's no real edge to it once you remove the credible fighter really. They've booked themselves into a corner with too many 50/50s and Becky Lynch has cooled off too much. 

Following the Nunes dominance in UFC I think putting a years contract under the nose of Holly Holm or Cris Cyborg wouldn't be a bad idea... 

On 7/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, The Thread Killer said:

Even though the accepted theory is that the new producers won't be fully in place until after Extreme Rules, I am not expecting to notice significant changes on either show right away anyhow. If it is even possible, it's going to take time to turn things around, especially considering the mess both guys are walking into. If you inherit a show where one (or more than one) of your main angles involves Shane McMahon, or you get saddled with Baron Fucking Corbin as your top heel, I don't care how good a writer you are - your show is still going to suck. I wouldn't expect to see any noticeable differences until Heyman and Bischoff both are in place for at least a month - and that's even assuming that Vince actually lets them implement any of the changes they want to make, which knowing him, he probably won't. I think SummerSlam will probably be a good indicator of how different things are or aren't going to be with the two new Executive Producers in place.

I disagree with this. You could change the shows instantly if you had total freedom. You could have Braun murder Shane on air tomorrow and write him off for good and you could instantly depush Corbin and no one would blink. The problem is you are handcuffed by the process and that's going to hamper them. Though I don't know why people are excited for either guy. Bischoff was terrible in TNA and Heyman has had his hands in creative for years and Lesnar's stuff has been pretty hit or miss.

1 hour ago, Dale Wolfe said:

There's no real edge to it once you remove the credible fighter really. They've booked themselves into a corner with too many 50/50s and Becky Lynch has cooled off too much. 

Following the Nunes dominance in UFC I think putting a years contract under the nose of Holly Holm or Cris Cyborg wouldn't be a bad idea... 

The whole thing was built around Rousey, Lynch and Flair. One is gone, one has been in a dead end feud with a green wrestler for three months and one barely appears on television. 

2 hours ago, Dale Wolfe said:

Cue the "But could Cris Cyborg pass the Wellness Policy test" question.

1 hour ago, Slasher said:

You guys have seen Cyborg, right? By Vince's apparent standards, the other less attractive girls in the WWE are beauty queens in comparison to Cyborg. No way Vince lets this woman on television, especially with the baggage she brings along.

This is exactly why she'll end up doing it. Short term monster heel run