Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/19 - 08/25 The Return of the King of the Ring

KawadaSmile

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things:

First, if they actually manage to integrate 24/7 segments into FOX's programming, they are probably going to get some nice exposure out of it, and maaaaaybe wrestling as a whole can benefit from the rub.

Second, this video for Chad Gable is fucking incredible. They must have something going for him, at least in the near future.

On 8/25/2019 at 4:02 AM, goodhelmet said:

Never seen a Mae Young classic. 

Having said that, I don't know if the original comment was made in jest. If not, um... here's hoping both couples live a long happy life together? 

Certainly made in jest considering their respective celebrity profiles.  The part about them being wrestlers that are enjoyable (as opposed to Becky and Seth), not in jest.

The KO = Austin thing was more of a statement on Punk IMHO.

The Stunner was a red herring. Austin did not give two damns about how other people were pushed, his family, or screen time given to Vince. He was just upset Mike Tyson was called the baddest man on the planet. He never fought for other people's rights. He was a rattlesnake.

Punk's podcast revealed he had problems with part-timers getting pushes (Brock/Rock/Undertaker) and the McMahon family in general. KO had his mic cut like how Punk had his mic cut. Of course, KO was clearly working and following the script while Punk was so believable, some Youtube marks still question if he was shooting.

So in a way, WWE has shown once again that by having KO apologize, any rebellion or criticize of the McMahon family shall be neutered and stopped because workers have to put food on the table. I dare say this angle doesn't even happen if Moxley didn't drop his podcast interviews.

I also find it amazing how fans are excited over King of the Ring, which is clearly an inferior response to the G-1 (which got WWE's attention for the first time due to Mox.) It shows me that these fans didn't watch the superior G-1 and that they are aching for an ounce of WWE acting more like a serious sport (which is what tournaments symbolize).

9 hours ago, War is Raw said:

I also find it amazing how fans are excited over King of the Ring, which is clearly an inferior response to the G-1 (which got WWE's attention for the first time due to Mox.) It shows me that these fans didn't watch the superior G-1 and that they are aching for an ounce of WWE acting more like a serious sport (which is what tournaments symbolize).

Or they're looking forward to the return of a beloved WWE institution? 

It's not like KOTR hasn't had a lot of pretty cool matches, moments, and winners in its history.

(Of course, it also had King Mabel. But nothing is perfect!)