Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/23 - 09/29 Necropolitics are in vogue

KawadaSmile

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess he appeared on a couple Being the Elite episodes semi-recently? That definitely couldn't have hurt him in contract negotiations.

Always thought it was a matter of time before he was back in the WWE. I haven't kept up with his work at all but vaguely remember some praise for a PPV main event he was involved maybe a year or two ago? Always seemed like a guy that could've been a bigger star in the WWE to me with his look and ability. Like Kofi Kingston, he "came up" at a weird time in the late 00s/early 10s when Cena, DX, Taker, Orton, Kane, and others were main eventing every PPV and no one was breaking through. Nowadays, those guys are just main eventing 4-5 PPVs every year, so, y'know, progress.

All kidding aside, along with Kofi and Ziggler, JoMo (so excited for that to come back as a thing /s) was in that weird position of being a "WWE Guy" that hit a ceiling but ultimatley got surpassed by Punk and Daniel Bryan and The Shield dudes. Kofi stuck around, but had to wait years and years to get a legit main event opportunity. Ziggler's career has been ups-and-downs. Of that entire class of guys, The Miz was the most successful with guys like Carlito, Kennedy, and Elijah Burke, if one were to include them, probably being at the bottom.

Wow, I was thinking he would end up in AEW after his cameos on BTE. He works much better as a heel than a babyface, so hopefully that's what he gets. He's not a great worker, but he can do a lot of great stuff (kinda like RVD in his prime I guess, although much less annoying), so with the right people working with him, he can be quite fun to watch. His finisher is the shits as it looks like it couldn't hurt a fly though. But he had a bunch of really good stuff in Lucha Underground and IMPACT over the last few years. Just keep him a heel. He's 39, so I guess now is the time to make as big bucks as he can, as his priorities were always to get acting work in the later years.

12 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

I would've honestly expected Byron Saxton in that spot other than the King. But you might be onto something.

Wow, didn't even realize Saxton was out of the equation entirely.

What the hell is he going to do now?

Pre-show talking head bullshit? 

I would also like to know who the hell Dio Maddin is. 

17 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I don't know, but if he is, 2K Sports needs to license his likeness and create Maddin '21 next year. 

Yes, that's him. I think they decided to pull a Corey Graves and move him to commentary.

By the way, seems they're testing this for Mickie James as well. She was at commentary on Main Event this week.

The fact that ROH doesn't even get a mention in that list is probably a fair reflection of where they are in the eyes of modern fans. Tbh, I don't see Impact doing a whole lot of AXS either. But yeah, it's complete oversaturation and there's no way it's sustainable.

9 minutes ago, FMKK said:

The fact that ROH doesn't even get a mention in that list is probably a fair reflection of where they are in the eyes of modern fans. Tbh, I don't see Impact doing a whole lot of AXS either. But yeah, it's complete oversaturation and there's no way it's sustainable.

Well ROH doesn't have a set time frame, that's why I didn't list it.