Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/23 - 09/29 Necropolitics are in vogue

KawadaSmile

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Well, maybe. I was in a super optimistic mode maybe. It happens sometimes. :lol:

I'm not saying you're wrong, necessarily.  I like anything that will provoke discussion or rational debate here at PWO.  I just find that the whole AEW vs. NXT thing seems to really rile people up for some reason. Wrestling fans in general (and I'm including myself in this group) tend to be very vocal and passionate about stuff they really like, which tends to lead to heated debate and people "picking sides" for some reason. We all know there is no reason to be like that, and I'd like to think I can be objective.  Who knows, it could work.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

Well, that sucks. They're airing just one hour of the show, two days later?! A 24 hour delay on the show is one thing, but delaying the broadcast by two days is too much, and if they're only showing one hour not both, you know they're going to butcher it.  I remember when TSN used to edit three hours of Nitro down to two, and they'd just randomly cut stuff, like a match would be in progress, they'd go to commercial and then the show would come back from commercial at a totally different point in the original broadcast.  Screw that, now that WWE is actually producing a show I want to see, I'm not waiting two days to see an edited version - at 7:00 pm on a Friday Night, no less. I just hope WWE continues to show the 2 hour replay commercial free on the WWE Network on Thursday nights, otherwise I will have to resort to other more nefarious means to see the show.

EDIT: If my DVR guide for the upcoming week is to be believed (and sometimes it changes) my WWE Network feed/TV channel has the new episode of NXT still scheduled for this coming Thursday at 10:00 pm, right after a replay of last week's episode...so it looks like hopefully I will be able to catch the entire 2 hour episode without commercials, only delayed by 24 hours.  I can live with that.  I just feel bad for Canadian fans who don't have the WWE Network as a TV Channel, or don't have the WWE Network at all.  I'd hate to have to rely on what they're planning on showing on Sportsnet360, it will be literally too little and too late.

I understand your frustration though. I mean, instead, Sportsnet 360 could've moved Main Event from 10 PM to 7 PM while putting NXT's 2 hours at 10 PM on Friday night instead. I don't quite understand why they're sticking with Main Event as I don't know a whole lot of people watching it, unless they missed RAW and Smackdown and want to catch up.

Just now, SirEdger said:

I understand your frustration though. I mean, instead, Sportsnet 360 could've moved Main Event from 10 PM to 7 PM while putting NXT's 2 hours at 10 PM on Friday night instead. I don't quite understand why they're sticking with Main Event as I don't know a whole lot of people watching it, unless they missed RAW and Smackdown and want to catch up.

How are you going to watch it (if you plan on watching it?)  Do you have the Network, or are you going to have to watch the edited version on Sportsnet?  Or are you planning on finding the episode via other means which you're not free to discuss in an open forum? :ph34r:

Right now, I'll watch the abbreviated version on SN360 (don't have the Network) and I'll try to catch the highlights of what I missed wherever I can. But personally, I'll take 1 hour of NXT on TV over none. It's not ideal but until I can get the Network, that's what I'll stick with.

4 hours ago, El-P said:

Hell, we should do a weekly NXT vs AEW thread and have fun with what worked and what did not and which show "won" each week (I would guess NXT has the advantage here). As long as it's not stupid nitpicking and haterz/stanz business and is all in good spirits, it could be a fun thing to do for a while.

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

I can see a thread like that going very badly, very quickly.

Nah. PWO isn't Twitter. I've disagreed with everyone here about Mauro, Asuka, etc. and have only gotten mild annoyance and vague dislike from others, so I think it'll be fine. Go for it IMO!

7 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Nah. PWO isn't Twitter. I've disagreed with everyone here about Mauro, Asuka, etc. and have only gotten mild annoyance and vague dislike from others, so I think it'll be fine. Go for it IMO!

Yeah, I mean, the idea would be to have some actual fun with this. Like, the opposite of a GWE debate. You know. Just have FUN with this nonsense. Because...

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I can't help that those of us who were around for the Monday Night Wars era are looking at this coming week like  this:

Image result for here we go again meme

No shit ! :D

On 9/27/2019 at 10:41 AM, C.S. said:

So great that I've already forgotten it.

I mean, I'm sure it was a "fine" match, but PWO has this tendency to severely overrate "fine" matches and "fine" wrestlers. 

Look, I love Sasha - and I certainly like her more than Seth - but I do miss the Sasha of NXT who was the best female wrestler in North America (or at least the WWE corner of North America). 

Friendly reminder that someone on this very forum, when Sasha was still in NXT, legitimately tried to say she was one of the five best wrestlers IN THE WORLD (including men).

Hyperbole is a staple in the toolbox of wrestling fans online.

50 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Friendly reminder that someone on this very forum, when Sasha was still in NXT, legitimately tried to say she was one of the five best wrestlers IN THE WORLD (including men).

Hyperbole is a staple in the toolbox of wrestling fans online.

Was it me?

I hope not. <_<

I do think you could have made a case for her back then as the best female wrestler in North America though, or at least one of. 

I remember a few years ago when people on this board were calling the Charlotte/Sasha HIAC match one of the greatest matches in WWE history. Not to mention all the talk last year about Becky Lynch being the next Stone Cold. I honestly think a lot of the fans overrate the women for political reasons. They're so desperate to be on the "right side of history" that they try to will the women's division into being epochal all-time great stuff even when it clearly isn't.

Women's matches in WWE did make a pretty dramatic leap in quality going from the Attitude era and the "models with no ability" era  to now where there's an actual attempt to have good matches (for the most part). Charlotte/Sasha comes off like Misawa/Kawada compared to the lingerie pillow fight type of stuff.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

I remember a few years ago when people on this board were calling the Charlotte/Sasha HIAC match one of the greatest matches in WWE history.

Raise hands, guilty as charged. I really did love the hell out of it then though. No idea what I would think about it now though. But is it relevant ? I mean, maybe the fact I loved the match enough to think that way THEN it actually the only thing that matters. I'm not gonna get a cookie if I submit a balanced list of great matches or something. I know my approach has dramatically changed over the years, and although I'm annoyed like everyone with the recency bias or the fact anything merely quite good is called GREATEST THING EVAH especially on the WWE side of things, I dunno, I'm enjoying living in the moment and not caring about anything else.

1 minute ago, Ricky Jackson said:

I've been a huge fan of WWE women's wrestling since the NXT revolution/huge Sasha fan and have never understood why that match was so overrated on this board when it happened. I mean, the praise was obnoxious and can't recall another match treated as such 

I'll fight Steven but I'm not messing with Stacey. 

I think my logic at the time was that the sloppiness gave it a visceral death match feel and raised the stakes but that such a thing has its pros and cons.

I don't see a problem in saying Sasha Banks was amongst the world's top wrestlers in 2015/16. They are not saying she was a top 5 wrestler ever, just that she had such a marquee year that she deserves a mention for that particular year. Both her feuds against Bayley and Charlotte generated memorable moments AND were influential (moreso the former), so how's that a spicy hot take? 

4 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

I honestly think a lot of the fans overrate the women for political reasons. They're so desperate to be on the "right side of history" that they try to will the women's division into being epochal all-time great stuff even when it clearly isn't.

Maybe. People have been overrating Trish Stratus for years & she was never above passable. And several of the women today are leaps & bounds better than she ever was. 

I enjoyed the big Sasha Takeover matches a lot at the time but I'm not sure how much they hold up now. The cell match with Charlotte was always overrated here. It's a decent match but it's a 3.5 that was portrayed as a 5.

People do generally tend to overrate stuff from WWE imo because lots of people just want them to be good so they grasp for anything that's got any quality about it. And they pushed that women's revolution stuff so dreadfully at first that them finally getting around to presenting serious matches between the big name NXT women was always going to be something fans who wanted it to work would grasp on to.

The counterpoint is that the decline in quality of WWE programming even from a pretty low level a few years back means that people might be retrospectively looking back at those matches with much more pessimism about how they turned out.

It all probably just deserves a rematch but I wouldn't be surprised if people are coming back with lots of 3.5 star ratings or whatever.

I can't see which 5 wrestlers arguably had a better year in 2015 than Sasha Banks. Totally knocked it out of the park literally every time she was put in a position to have a great match and had surely the most historically important run of the decade? There's no Ronda Rousey in WWE without Bayley vs. Sasha at Brooklyn.

I think the argument was that there's nothing wrong with thinking Sasha was a top 5 worker in 15/16 but the hyperbole surrounding her cell match with Charlotte in 2016 was a bit much. Several posters were saying it was one of the best matches in wwe history. I believe one poster said top 3 all time. Like FMKK was alluding to I think it was people getting caught up in the moment and being excited for change. Understandable but that stuff can lead to hyperbole 

3 hours ago, Coffey said:

Maybe. People have been overrating Trish Stratus for years & she was never above passable. And several of the women today are leaps & bounds better than she ever was. 

Molly Holly was the best WWE woman of her era, and it’s not even close, but of course she never got quarter of the credit the wildly overrated Trish did. Always annoyed me.