Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/23 - 09/29 Necropolitics are in vogue

KawadaSmile

9 minutes ago, sek69 said:

There's going to be wrestling on nearly every day of the week going forward, it's crazy.

Monday: Raw aka WWE

Tuesday: Impact on AXS

Wednesday: AEW and NXT aka WWE

Thursday: NXT UK  aka WWE

Friday: Smackdown aka WWE

Saturday: MLW  and AEW PPVs

Sunday: WWE PPVs

WWE oversaturation that's for sure. 

And that's without even mentioning that CMLL is on Youtube and can be watched at least every Saturday (for the big Friday show).

8 minutes ago, FMKK said:

The fact that ROH doesn't even get a mention in that list is probably a fair reflection of where they are in the eyes of modern fans.

No shit.

5 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

That's where we need to draw a line as fans and watch only what we want to watch. I watch some shows in full live, others in highlights and that's fine by me.

Indeed. Absolutely no need to watch something because it's the "main" product and you "have to" watch it. I guess I'm gonna watch IMPACT, AEW, MLW to a point, plus some weekly CMLL matches, some AAA, the big NJPW shows... plus some indy shows I would enjoy. Ok, I want to get some time to have, you now, a life !:lol:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

Hennigan is a surprise. Lawler might be a bigger one. Is Vince afraid The King will jump to AEW and reunite with J.R. or something?

I think you hit it on the head there.  JR has been publicly saying in interviews for some time now that Lawler's contract with WWE is almost up and that he really wanted him to come to AEW. (No word on if that's what Tony Khan and company wanted, but that's besides the point.)  You have to know that with Vince's obsession with the Attitude era, the last thing in the world he would want is to have the two broadcast voices of that era working for the competition.  Even if he doesn't want them, I'm sure he doesn't want anybody else having them. Since AEW already seemed set on JR/Excalibur, I never saw AEW hiring Lawler anyhow. Hell, I would not be surprised if Jim Ross gave those interviews mentioning Lawler to help him leverage a new deal with WWE, since Ross and Lawler are legit friends.

That Maddin guy has been on 205 Live for the past few weeks, replacing Nigel who now has two hours of NXT and NXT UK to deal with.  Not that it's important in the grand scheme of things but I wonder who the new team for NXT UK and 205 Live will be.  Maybe that's where Tom Phillips will end up. I am surprised to see Vic Joseph leapfrog Tom Phillips in the WWE Commentary pecking order.  Then again, I've been trumpeting that guy ever since he showed up on 205 Live last year, and he's awesome in NXT UK with Nigel.  The problem is that he wasn't being produced by Vince McMahon or Michael Cole on either of those shows.  He'll probably start to suck now, since he'll have those two in his ear telling him to shout more and stop calling the action.  And Vic Joseph doesn't even have a fake, unconvincing laugh! That will have to change once Vince and Cole find out.

When was Sasha's last truly great match though? Not counting the hiatus, it's been a while. 

She definitely has it in her to be the best of the best - and certainly better than Seth FREAKIN' BURN IT DOWN Rollins - but it feels like it's been at least a year or more since we've gotten that Sasha. 

Her match against Ronda wasn't that long ago, y'know... And while the EC Tag Team wasn't the best thing ever, her and Bayley clearly cared enough about the tag titles to make that match feel important enough - things didn't go down as expect, but the crowning moment was nice. She still has plenty of matches were she was the star, to the point that criticism is so damn weird.

Coming from Seth it's not a good look. Plus the dude's messing with Stan twitter, and Sasha's fanbase is wild. Can't be good for his health.

Sasha and Becky have been going at it a bit on Twitter, using Bayley and Seth as respective buffers/targets in building their upcoming HIAC match. I get that Rollins was trying to banter. He's just not good at it and went personal when everyone else had kept it above board.

And as mentioned, going after Sasha is a recipe for disaster. Her fanbase will swarm anyone they view as an enemy. Rollins will be lucky if only his address and bank account numbers are doxed.

7 hours ago, sek69 said:

So Sasha posted on Twitter mocking Seth for his (admittedly corprate sounding) Tweet where he was looking forward to his match with Rey. He responded by jabbing back saying her matches are underwhelming.

Very odd exchange to say the least.

He's always so gotten to. It's embarrassing.

I watched a bit of the "first" NXT episode from last week. Bianca Belair is so bad ass (well, Io and Candice too). But the presentation is still too WWiffy to me to really want to follow this, and Mauro makes it impossible to enjoy anything anyway. He's just so fucking unbearable (Beth is useless, so she's better in the sense where you can zone her off easily). I may watch some pimped women matches from time to time and maybe the Takeovers if stuff Kushida vs WALTER happens.

11 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Her match against Ronda wasn't that long ago, y'know...  

So great that I've already forgotten it.

I mean, I'm sure it was a "fine" match, but PWO has this tendency to severely overrate "fine" matches and "fine" wrestlers. 

Look, I love Sasha - and I certainly like her more than Seth - but I do miss the Sasha of NXT who was the best female wrestler in North America (or at least the WWE corner of North America). 

With that said, Seth really is the last person who should be delivering that message. (I realize this is all in-character to promote the Becky-Sasha feud, but that doesn't make it any less fun to debate about the merits of each respective person.) 

P.S. Mauro continues to be the best in the world at what he does, and nothing will ever change my mind. IMO, he should've been the one promoted to RAW, not Dio Maddin or whoever it was. But I assume the only reason that didn't happen is because Mauro is happier in NXT calling that type of product. 

I still don't understand the announcer shuffle. Shutting out two of the better guys they have - Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton - makes no sense to me.

Remember when Kyle Edwards was fired, and his wife called out Tom Phillips on Twitter for "politicking"? Well, how's that working out for Tom these days?

12 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Not only odd, but Seth, of all people, saying that SASHA BANKS puts on underwhelming matches is ridiculous. Dude legit went on to twitter to complain about the crowd giving him shit AND went out of his way to address the crowd after his fiasco against Ambrose.

Banks is Terry Funk next to him.

Her response to that was pretty brutal and although it was personal, Seth deserved it for talking about having underwhelming matches - pro wrestlers talking about how great their matches are in kayfabe instead of winning and losing is one of modern wrestling's tropes I hate, and I do not know if it is fair, but I blame Shawn Michaels for it.

Seth should avoid trash-talking people; it never seems to work out for him. 

Sasha-Lynch will certainly be a better match than Rollins-Fiend, although that is not really Seth's fault. I firmly believe that Fiend should not be wrestling for the world title yet, and Seth has been booked pretty weakly leading to the match. 

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

P.S. Mauro continues to be the best in the world at what he does, and nothing will ever change my mind.

Not even the fact he actively drives me away from watching stuff I would probably watch more often he wasn't there calling the matches ? It's not a slight dislike on my part, I mean, like I said, he distracts me from being able to enjoy what happens in the ring. You can't zone him out. I'm not saying I would watch NXT religiously if he wasn't there, but him being there assures I can't *really* enjoy anything from that show, which is a pity since there are people there I would enjoy a lot. Damn, if NXT had the usual French announcers (Chereau & Agius), I would definitely watch it. With Mauro, I just can't.

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

So great that I've already forgotten it.

I mean, I'm sure it was a "fine" match, but PWO has this tendency to severely overrate "fine" matches and "fine" wrestlers. 

Look, I love Sasha - and I certainly like her more than Seth - but I do miss the Sasha of NXT who was the best female wrestler in North America (or at least the WWE corner of North America). 

With that said, Seth really is the last person who should be delivering that message. (I realize this is all in-character to promote the Becky-Sasha feud, but that doesn't make it any less fun to debate about the merits of each respective person.) 

P.S. Mauro continues to be the best in the world at what he does, and nothing will ever change my mind. IMO, he should've been the one promoted to RAW, not Dio Maddin or whoever it was. But I assume the only reason that didn't happen is because Mauro is happier in NXT calling that type of product. 

I still don't understand the announcer shuffle. Shutting out two of the better guys they have - Tom Phillips and Byron Saxton - makes no sense to me.

Remember when Kyle Edwards was fired, and his wife called out Tom Phillips on Twitter for "politicking"? Well, how's that working out for Tom these days?

No, that was Rich Brennan/Rich Bocchini's wife who did it. ;)

Personally, I'll believe it when I'll see it but if he doesn't really have to deal with Vince directly, this might be an incentive for him to come back - that, or Paul Heyman getting more influence on the product. And if he doesn't have to wrestle, why not?

But if that happens, I absolutely expect WWE to have make him at least one appearance on live TV. Only that will have the roof of the arena explode with a monstrous pop.

It feels like Punk's biggest problem isn't even Vince - probably never was. It's Hunter and Steph.

That being said, I really see CM Punk more as an analyst than as an active wrestler. I remember he was pretty good in that role during his WWE run, so having a job in FOX covering wrestling doesn't seem like a farfetched idea.