Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 09/23 - 09/29 Necropolitics are in vogue

KawadaSmile

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

I haven't kept up with anything these past few weeks.

Is the belief that Bryan will go back babyface or is it all a swerve for him to turn on Roman and be revealed as the mastermind behind all of this? I can see his character being capable of taking several beatings from Rowan so he can trick Reigns tbh, if would also be an awesome promo by D-Bry :lol:

I also haven't kept up with the weekly shows, but was thinking along a similar train of thought.

There's was/is a way to book it that doesn't need to have Bryan getting beatdown by his supposed "ex-friends," but if they already put on Rowan vs. Bryan on TV and they had a legit match, to me, that's stupid and a heel turn doesn't make sense. Even if the idea is that he "took a beating" to trick Roman, it instantly buries Rowan (and Harper if he was involved) in my eyes. We're supposed to think that these two monsters, if they get their hands on you, can end your career, would maim the average joe, that "taking a beating" from one would be disastrous and that even the toughest good guy gladiators like Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins are putting their bodies at extreme risk by stepping in the ring with these 7-foot, 300 pound wrecking machines. 

I didn't see the match so I'm not sure if they played it ambiguous or if it was a back-and-forth "realistic" match or whatever, but two guys "staging a fight" in a business built on trying to get literal staged fights to seem real is just so, so dumb to me. Plus, as I said earlier, there were a dozen cool ways to bring Bryan back in an ambiguous way that could've still led to a Bludgeon Brothers vs. Bryan & Roman match where it was still unclear whose side Bryan was on. 

I haven't watched Smackdown. But I hope this was aired live and was not one of those "exclusive on the internet" segments. They have done a really good job of building this feud, and I hope they do not overcomplicate it or get too cute with it the way they did with Lynch-Charlotte-Rousey during the build-up to Wrestlemania. Just let these two talk trash and beat the hell out of each other. That's the best kind of pro wrestling. 

6 hours ago, MoS said:

I haven't watched Smackdown. But I hope this was aired live and was not one of those "exclusive on the internet" segments. They have done a really good job of building this feud, and I hope they do not overcomplicate it or get too cute with it the way they did with Lynch-Charlotte-Rousey during the build-up to Wrestlemania. Just let these two talk trash and beat the hell out of each other. That's the best kind of pro wrestling. 

That was live. It's the final segment that aired on the show.

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Keith Lee had to win that match.   He had been in a serious stalemate and needed to start some momentum again.  Not sure I like that much flippy in my HOSS fight but still a damn good match

That was my only complaint. How are the flippy guys supposed to impress anyone when Keith Lee is doing the same moves at like 3x their size.

20 hours ago, DMJ said:

I didn't see the match so I'm not sure if they played it ambiguous or if it was a back-and-forth "realistic" match or whatever, but two guys "staging a fight" in a business built on trying to get literal staged fights to seem real is just so, so dumb to me.

Yeah definitely a back and forth realistic one. Went 17 minutes and was very good. Finishing sequence was a bit scary with Bryan's foot getting tangled in the rope as Rowan was pulling him over from the apron with the claw slam and Bryan's head hitting the mat.

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

To be fair, Mauro seems way more toned down this week. I'm back to being annoyed at silly WWE speak like "title opportunity" rather than Mauro himself.

Very much, I'm so disappointed! After last week's show, he spent the next day retweeting everyone on Twitter telling him NOT to tone it down because he's so great and unique, I was expecting tonight to feature more references than ever but it was actually much less.

5 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Wait people on twitter are talking about Scott Steiner vs WALTER and I am very confused as I'm not able to watch

Imperium vs Kushida/Breeze/Fandango. Breeze & Fandango, "the fashion police", apparently start their entrance theme with sirens. Of course, sirens are the universal signal of Scott Steiner in pro wrestling, it was my first thought as well when I heard it.

I've been singing the praises of Keith Lee for a long time, but man, if WWE doesn't elevate this guy and do something with him they are really missing out. A guy that size with that kind of talent, and charisma to boot. I know his age is working against him, that's why I hope they don't spin wheels like they do on every thing else.

6 hours ago, Alucard said:

Imperium vs Kushida/Breeze/Fandango. Breeze & Fandango, "the fashion police", apparently start their entrance theme with sirens. Of course, sirens are the universal signal of Scott Steiner in pro wrestling, it was my first thought as well when I heard it.

Not that I don't like the match we're getting, but man, would WALTER vs Steiner kick ass. Shame Big Bad Booty Daddy will never come back to WWE again.

2 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

I've been singing the praises of Keith Lee for a long time, but man, if WWE doesn't elevate this guy and do something with him they are really missing out. A guy that size with that kind of talent, and charisma to boot. I know his age is working against him, that's why I hope they don't spin wheels like they do on every thing else.

Well, Roode is 40 and is out there getting title runs and whatnot. There's still some time for Keith.