Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/28 - 11/03 - 1 Year went by so fast!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good characters/feuds have some level of relatableness to fans... Lana/RusevĀ might not necessarily be good, but it's possible that it'sĀ relatable to fans.

Or at least it actually got crowd reactions during the 3rd hour of Raw, which could send an interesting message about what gets people at events to stop sitting on their hands.

7 hours ago, gordi said:

You are, truly, the target audience that Vince and WWE have in mind.

Quite the shady praise, bubba.

Ā 

6 hours ago, brocklock said:

This storyline just hits the right level of trashiness for me. It should be bad, but everyone is super committed and it's nowhere near as channel changingly embarrassing as Shorty G or The Fiend/Seth feud.

Pretty much that. Lana was never a good actress, but yesterday she was really damn good. Rusev is gold as always and Lashley is extra sleazy. The faces he makes on those segments are hilarious.

Ā 

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Or at least it actually got crowd reactions during the 3rd hour of Raw, which could send an interesting message about what gets people at events to stop sitting on their hands.

Yeah, having the crowd react that strong throughout a non-wrestling segment in the 3rd hour was impressive.Ā 

When did @KawadaSmileĀ get hired by WWE?

Did he design the Jordan "Smile" t-shirt? :)

Seriously though...

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Lana was never a good actress

You know she's a professional actress who has been in real movies like "Pitch Perfect," right?

She is a better actor than everyone else in WWEĀ combined -Ā especiallyĀ Seth "Burn! It! Down!" Rollins.

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

Seriously though...

You know she's a professional actress who has been in real movies like "Pitch Perfect," right?

She is a better actor than everyone else in WWEĀ combined -Ā especiallyĀ Seth "Burn! It! Down!" Rollins.

She sucked in that movie I saw that starred Edge (Interrogation or something, I can't recall). Like she made Edge look much better in comparison.

Ā 

Although we know Heyman likes this sort of storyline, I wonder if this isn't the latest attempt by the WWE to try to break up Rusev/Lana. Remember, they were never behind the couple and have tried to break them up in the past, one notable example being the angle with Ziggler.

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

Seriously though...

I know you mean no harm bubba, but maybe using a racist shirt as a punchline because someone liked something ain't the best look... I mean, the issue isn't even sorted out yet :p

Ā 

As for Lana starring in movies, that's good for her. Bad actors and actresses still get roles in "real movies". Remember those vlogs she made about being salty? That was something. Pinnacle of acting!

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I know you mean no harm bubba, but maybe using a racist shirt as a punchline because someone liked something ain't the best look... I mean, the issue isn't even sorted out yet :p

Sorry, I did not mean to imply racism. I was making a joke about KawadaSmile designing a t-shirt with a smile on it. :)Ā 

3 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

As for Lana starring in movies, that's good for her. Bad actors and actresses still get roles in "real movies". Remember those vlogs she made about being salty? That was something. Pinnacle of acting!

While that is definitely true, let's not act like WWE has any world class actors on the roster that could come close to anyone in Hollywood.Ā 

(Well, Miz ain't bad...) ;)Ā 

4 hours ago, Slasher said:

She sucked in that movie I saw that starred Edge (Interrogation or something, I can't recall). Like she made Edge look much better in comparison.

Ā 

Although we know Heyman likes this sort of storyline, I wonder if this isn't the latest attempt by the WWE to try to break up Rusev/Lana. Remember, they were never behind the couple and have tried to break them up in the past, one notable example being the angle with Ziggler.

In his latest podcast, Ryback seems to imply that Rusev still hasn't signed his new WWE contract and whatever he chooses to do will dictate how Rusev will come out of it.

10 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I'm not sure I buy this whole "Lana is an actress" theory. Well, at least not aĀ good actress.Ā  Remember when she first came in with Rusev and she was supposed to have a Russian accent? The "accent" she ended up using was...let's be charitable and say...not Russian.

It was an exaggerated Russian accent that's perfect for wrestling. It wouldn't work in a movie, and I don't think she'd try it there, but it worked for wrestling.

4 hours ago, Slasher said:

She sucked in that movie I saw that starred Edge (Interrogation or something, I can't recall). Like she made Edge look much better in comparison.Ā 

WhoĀ didn'tĀ suck in that movie though? Only the very best actors can elevate crap, and while I think Lana is miles ahead of anyone in WWE in the acting dept., I'm not sitting here claiming she's Daniel Day-Lewis.Ā 

Kane, of all people, was surprisingly good in another WWE flick - to the point where I actually wished he'd had a bigger role.

In summary: Lana > Molly Ringwald. (No one will get that joke, but sometimes I like to amuse myself on PWO.)

52 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I'm not sure I buy this whole "Lana is an actress" theory. Well, at least not aĀ good actress.Ā  Remember when she first came in with Rusev and she was supposed to have a Russian accent? The "accent" she ended up using was...let's be charitable and say...not Russian.

Which was always funny to me since she grew up in Latvia when it was still part of the USSR. You'd think she'd be better at the accent than that. It's a shame Uncle Ivan isn't around to teach folks how to properly be fake Russian.Ā