Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/04 - 11/10 Fish are really smart animals, they avoid oil spots in the sea

KawadaSmile

2 hours ago, Slasher said:

I can't argue with that. I just think that given what we have seen from both with good and bad booking, Seth has shown more in his roles than Jinder ever has. Does the booking play a part? Definitely, but I am not comfortable saying Jinder is better based on the idea that he was booked poorly. Seth was better as part of the better booked Shield vs Jinder as part of 3MB. Seth was better as a midcard champion vs Jinder as a midcard champion. Like he was more over than Jinder. Seth was in better programs as a top champion than Jinder was as a throwaway. But I do agree Seth sucks and Jinder might have been better given stronger booking. But that's not what happened, and therefore I cannot in good conscience rate Jinder's run ahead of Seth's.

Seth Rollins run so bad which included that horrible power couple thing with Becky and the horrendous Fiend feud which included the HIAC debacle that was so bad they had to keep the guy off TV the next night as well Seth getting badly booed burning down the Firefly Funhouse.  Jinder at least looked and carried himself like a star,  the entrance was great, the pairing with Singh Brothers was great.  I don't think Jinder is some incredible talent or anything but i'd take Jinder's run on top any day over a disaster like Seth Rollins.  

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dare I say, pushes aside, I think Jinder is a better worker than Seth. There's my super hot take. Someone call Skip Bayless! Had Jinder been giving the opportunities that Seth has, he could potentially be a pretty big deal. At least he knew how to work heel & was pretty entertaining in the lower card comedy role of 3 Man Band. Once they gave him the new theme, new entrance, the two lackeys, etc. he came off like a star. Really just needed a new finish. I certainly don't think Jinder is great but would I take him over Seth Rollins on top? Yeah, I would. The only person I can think of that I would prefer to see less than Seth is Dolph Ziggler. 

Seth was good in The Shield. Wasn't bad in the midcard as Intercontinental champion. I just feel like he's best when it's like a multiperson match. He would be a lot better as a tag worker. He really struggles telling a story & in matches that go 12 or more minutes. Just feels like he's running through everything he has in the same order every match before making his pain face & grabbing his knee. Even his promos are the same every single time. 

In pro-wrestling, I'm a firm believer in two things: 1. less is more 2. tradition

Seth wrestles like you would play a video game. He's not alone in that regard, there's a lot of wrestlers like that nowadays: Young Bucks, Ricochet, Private Party, Gargano, Cole, etc. To me, you're not a good worker just because you do more top rope/springboard spots & kick out of a lot of finishers on two. Sadly, that's the direction wrestlers seem to be going. 

56 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Damien Sandow returns to WWE...

https://streamable.com/zgckf 

Reveal hidden contents

It's not really him, but it looks like him.

I'd mark out so hard if he demanded that nobody make eye contact with him, and if somebody else started talking he yelled: "SILENCE!"

5 hours ago, Coffey said:

Dare I say, pushes aside, I think Jinder is a better worker than Seth. There's my super hot take. Someone call Skip Bayless! Had Jinder been giving the opportunities that Seth has, he could potentially be a pretty big deal. At least he knew how to work heel & was pretty entertaining in the lower card comedy role of 3 Man Band. Once they gave him the new theme, new entrance, the two lackeys, etc. he came off like a star. Really just needed a new finish. I certainly don't think Jinder is great but would I take him over Seth Rollins on top? Yeah, I would. The only person I can think of that I would prefer to see less than Seth is Dolph Ziggler.  

Pretty much perfect analysis. I'd argue that Jinder had more of a champion's aura than Sheamus, and I'm one of the biggest Sheamus marks here.

Seth's tag with Jason Jordan was really damn good. It actually helped JJ improve into a more complete worker overall, because he had lots of time to talk and get featured in segments with his dad.

3 hours ago, C.S. said:

No one watching NXT?

I've been loving NXT ever since they moved to USA, but I have to wait for the WWE Network version of the show on Thursday nights before I get to see it, since we don't get USA up here. 

Because we're not in the USA, I guess.

At this point, NXT and NXT UK are pretty much the only reason I keep the WWE Network. I'll be making sure to watch tomorrow night.  Next to Power(rr) NXT has been my favorite weekly show lately.

Even if it does feature Mauro Ranallo on commentary.

Taynara and Santana Garrett out there shouting out Orange Cassidy with the slow motion reversal into a rollup attempt spot.

Also speaking of commentary, Mauro's gonna Mauro but someone pointed out that Beth is basically Champ from Anchorman and I keep expecting her to yell out I LOVE LAMP!

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

Taynara and Santana Garrett out there shouting out Orange Cassidy with the slow motion reversal into a rollup attempt spot.

Shame that spot happened. It was the one bad moment in an otherwise solid match, which probably won't get its due because of it. Taynara is improving. Give her pairing with Stoke TV time already

22 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I'd mark out so hard if he demanded that nobody make eye contact with him, and if somebody else started talking he yelled: "SILENCE!"

It would fit Sandow/Stevens' NWA Power gimmick for him to get a stunt double who gets beat up as Stevens flees the scene

21 hours ago, C.S. said:

No one watching NXT?

NXT finished 9k behind AEW on Wednesday night (822k vs 813k). Amazing what's possible if the NXT guys are put over on the big shows.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Possibly, but then they run the risk of having another woman that the crowd won't accept as a heel.

It depends. Maybe if they use her to cost Mia Yim the match next week to determine the War Games advantage and then she's announced as the final member of the team, this could work. But the story is there; Dakota wants to prove she should be in War Games; only she ends up being in the team we thought she'd fight against.