Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 11/04 - 11/10 Fish are really smart animals, they avoid oil spots in the sea

KawadaSmile

Regarding a small part of the Smackdown tapings:

Are Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville in the doghouse for some reason? I feel like they're basically glorified jobbers at this point, and it's really confusing to me. Sonya has actually really been improving & Mandy Rose should tick all the boxes that Vince McMahon fawns over, so why are they losing to a thrown together tag team like Carmella & Dana Brooke? And it was for spots on the Survivor Series teams. You would rather have Carmella & Dana Brooke on Survivor Series than Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose?[/spoilers]

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Coffey said:

Hide contents

Are Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville in the doghouse for some reason? I feel like they're basically glorified jobbers at this point, and it's really confusing to me. Sonya has actually really been improving & Mandy Rose should tick all the boxes that Vince McMahon fawns over, so why are they losing to a thrown together tag team like Carmella & Dana Brooke? And it was for spots on the Survivor Series teams. You would rather have Carmella & Dana Brooke on Survivor Series than Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose?[/spoilers]

Spoiler

I mean, if they wanna give NXT a surefire win in this PPV, go ahead and put Carmella and Dana Brooke in that match. Honestly, that's the only reason I can think of that they chose them over Fire & Desire.

3 hours ago, Coffey said:

Hide contents 

Agreed, really a shame. They haven't won a match in months and/or barely been on TV, and when they are they get squashed. Sad to see as both were getting good while they never do a thing with Dana. Sonya especially has been a real highlight on the current season of Total Divas. Next week's TD episode is supposed to go in to why the Sonya/Mandy romance angle got dropped. I feel like they haven't really done a thing since.

It's amazing how much Reigns feels diminished as a star since his comeback, which really should've been the thing to catapult him to the level they'd originally wanted him to be. Guy is a good worker but he's been stuck with Drew, Elias, Shane and Rowan since he came back and now he's dropping falls to Corbin with Ziggler and Roode as seconds. He's stuck deep in the midcard vortex when he could've been feuding with Bryan and having great matches.

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

It's amazing how much Reigns feels diminished as a star since his comeback, which really should've been the thing to catapult him to the level they'd originally wanted him to be.

It is CRAZY to me. Like, unbelievable level crazy. His real-life story is what should have turned him into what they always wanted him to be. And.... no. 

41 minutes ago, Slasher said:

Is it possible Reigns's treatment is the result of Vince losing faith in him for DARING to have leukemia? He does have a hang up for perceived weaknesses. Maybe it's like "Well we can't trust him now, let's move on from him" and settling on... Rollins.

The horrible thing is that your theory is completely plausible. 

I remember that being the talking point when Roman had a hernia as well.

And yeah, after he returned, he won the Rumble and despite beating DBryan and supposedly being the one to beat Lesnar, afterwards he went on to have so many useless feuds, so it's not like it's a first for him. Honestly it feels like the only year they had some things going for him was 2016, and even then he had a bullshit wellness violation.

Unlucky dude.

Vince (Getting angrier and angrier as he goes on, pounding on his desk and on the walls): Bruno never had leukemia! Backlund never had leukemia! Hogan never had leukemia! ... Austin never had leukemia! HHH never had leukemia! Cena never had leukemia!...

Roman (stands there looking genuinely contrite) 

All this "brand supremacy" talk has me almost tapping out from watching NXT. In the first 20 minutes of the show that term was used at least 5 times. And I assume this is even worse on Raw and Smackdown, where they only have Survivor Series to build to, not a Takeover show as well.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I remember that being the talking point when Roman had a hernia as well.

And yeah, after he returned, he won the Rumble and despite beating DBryan and supposedly being the one to beat Lesnar, afterwards he went on to have so many useless feuds, so it's not like it's a first for him. Honestly it feels like the only year they had some things going for him was 2016, and even then he had a bullshit wellness violation.

Unlucky dude.

Dude was still pushed as a main eventer and the clear cut chosen one, even with the bad booking, until he stepped away to battle leukemia. Ever since he came back, it felt like the train left the station without him.

And as awful as that is, I laughed at the image gordi laid out. 

9 hours ago, Robert S said:

All this "brand supremacy" talk has me almost tapping out from watching NXT. In the first 20 minutes of the show that term was used at least 5 times. And I assume this is even worse on Raw and Smackdown, where they only have Survivor Series to build to, not a Takeover show as well.

I don't really recall the term being so grating this year on RAW or SD. It was clearly annoying in the last couple of years, but in this occasion it seems that they toned it down.

If Reigns getting hurt and sick was a breaking point, then Rollins blowing out his knee and Bray giving folks the mumps should disqualify them, too.

My guess is they're giving it a year to see if Roman stays healthy. He's coming back from a cancer relapse, after all. He's said in interviews that the relapse caused an enlarged spleen that could have ruptured if he took the wrong bump. 

Another thing to consider is Roman may have wanted to take a step back for a while. The vitriol he received over the years had to be exhausting. Roman handled it well, but I doubt he's complaining about not dealing with it since his return. 

WWE has a main event heel problem. Roman's working with who is available. Outside of Bryan's fantastic heel run, no other bad guy is on that level. So Corbin, Lashley and McIntyre is it for any top face.

They refer to him as the face of SmackDown and he's clearly the biggest star they have. If they push him back toward the Universal title and a WM match with Bray as I think they will, then it all works out.