Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Howard Finkel

MoS

6 hours ago, Loss said:

God, Cole's announcing (being Vince's voice) in that clip.

I HATED Cole during that period of time. Like, if he had met him in the street, automatic kick in the balls.

But with that said, I was gutted to learn this today. Fink was the voice of a generation. People saying that you can't hear a picture never saw one of The Fink. The absolute GOAT ring announcer.

Also don't forget Fink was often the target of bullying for no other reason than being a really nice guy who had a childlike love of wrestling. If you needed something else to toss on the "WWE is shit" pile. 

On a positive note, I remember seeing a video a while back of who I'm assuming was a friend of Howard's wedding reception where the wedding party all entered like wrestlers and Fink announced them all coming in. It was a perfect encapsulation of the guy,  having a blast in a kind of geeky environment doing what he did better than anyone who ever lived. And yes, even at a reception intro'ing random people he was still the GOAT.