Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/10 - 08/16 Rollins is basically HHH's heir to the throne, isn't he?

KawadaSmile

In the US at least, I think hair matches only work if it's a Kurt Angle/Buddy Roberts deal where the heel wears a wig after losing and the whole thing is played for comedy. It's hard to buy being forced to shave your head as a serious consequence in a promotion where matches are used to determine things like custody of a child. Then again, given WWE's track record with stipulations, there's a good chance the loser will just get a regular haircut like Kevin Nash in 2003.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

In the US at least, I think hair matches only work if it's a Kurt Angle/Buddy Roberts deal where the heel wears a wig after losing and the whole thing is played for comedy. It's hard to buy being forced to shave your head as a serious consequence in a promotion where matches are used to determine things like custody of a child. Then again, given WWE's track record with stipulations, there's a good chance the loser will just get a regular haircut like Kevin Nash in 2003.

I would think a woman being shaved would make it more of a serious consequence since dudes sporting the bald look is a more common thing now. A woman losing her hair is much easier to portray as serious, especially since Mandy is pushed so hard as a beauty queen type.

It would be something to see WWE flip expectations and have the blonde beauty lose and have to be bald, I could see her and Otis embracing their newfound "uniqueness" as part of them being a wacky couple.

It's definitely something that would work better with real fans though. Mandy losing due to hijinx and getting shaved could result in some All Japan Women level fan reactions since it's not something WWE fans would expect to happen.

I think if anything it shows that fans of non worked sports don't want to watch with no crowds either.  I would have bet money that folks would have been so starved for sports that they would watch no matter what, and that ended up not to be the case.

Alexa was pretty good by WWE Serious Acting standards, but Braun looked like a grade schooler reading his lines for the school play off a cue card.  Funny how they cut the impact, but were okay with them showing Braun fuckin' LAUNCHING her in the air. 

I bet all the people who were riding the "Alexa should be Sister Abigal" train so hard a while back are realizing this is the monkey's paw scenario you get for that. 

I haven't watched a wwe show in full since probably the beginning of last month (maybe late June). Legit shocked seeing that a bunch of people liked that Fiend/Braun/Alexa stuff from last night. Man I thought it was bottom of the barrel stuff. Even saw people fantasy booking the rest of this story. We've been through this before..

mentioned above about live sports bombing in the ratings. Not that surprised I guess. Personally I just can't get into the games. Always been a diehard baseball fan but just have no interest in these games (to be fair my passion for sports has declined pretty significantly the past 10 years or so) The real test for me will be when the nfl returns. If that does nothing for me...

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

Alexa was pretty good by WWE Serious Acting standards, but Braun looked like a grade schooler reading his lines for the school play off a cue card.  Funny how they cut the impact, but were okay with them showing Braun fuckin' LAUNCHING her in the air. 

I bet all the people who were riding the "Alexa should be Sister Abigal" train so hard a while back are realizing this is the monkey's paw scenario you get for that. 

I've seen so many theories about where they're going in the past 24 hours and none of them are "Alexa will be Sister Abigail". It now varies to "Braun is lying to protect Alexa from The Fiend" to "The Fiend is in Braun's head so much that he doesn't realize his paranoia is driving Alexa closer to The Fiend and it'll be too late".

Back when Bray first started with the Sister Abigail stuff, people were fantasy booking it being Alexa,  That is what I was referring to. Now she's finally involved in his Cinematic Universe and in typical WWE fashion it's not how anyone wanted it to happen. 

19 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Mandy loses and actually shaves her hair. Wouldn't look bad tbh

She could probably pull off the Imperator Furiosa look. Shit, honestly, I'm sure Sonya could too. That might actually be pretty damn cool. They're both beautiful women, so I'm sure they'll be fine. If they go through with the stipulation though, that's some hardcore dedication. I remember being completely stunned when Molly Holly went through with it. Crazy.

411full.jpg

As far as real, live sports go: the NBA bubble has been awesome. I'm genuinely super excited for the playoffs to start & I've been watching like two games a day. It's been great for me as an NBA fan. The Phoenix Suns not making the playoff play-in game was unfortunately, but they were a ton of fun going 8-0 in the bubble. I'm stoked for the Pacers/Heat series in the East.

4 hours ago, Coffey said:

As far as real, live sports go: the NBA bubble has been awesome. I'm genuinely super excited for the playoffs to start & I've been watching like two games a day. It's been great for me as an NBA fan. The Phoenix Suns not making the playoff play-in game was unfortunately, but they were a ton of fun going 8-0 in the bubble. I'm stoked for the Pacers/Heat series in the East.

Playoffs are looking awesome.  Four games a day for a week or 2?  Working from home has never looked better.

19 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

And btw, live sports have BOMBED in the ratings since the comeback (and after the opening games) so I wonder if the doom and gloom about the TV audience will slow down a bit...of course it wont :lol:

"Best viewership since June" is like saying someone is a better wrestler than Kane

8 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

Playoffs are looking awesome.  Four games a day for a week or 2?  Working from home has never looked better.

Productivity will go to shit though, at last I know mine will. Champion's League has taught me for years how to watch a big game and sill do work but having games from 1 pm on it's gonna be a big test.

6 hours ago, MoS said:

"Best viewership since June" is like saying someone is a better wrestler than Kane

If they kept getting worse it would be news. It's kinda fucked up that only negative news about WWE are taken seriously. Every time something that's not horrible is reported it's normally waived off. And I'm someone that doesn't even watch the product anymore but I feel in this forum is almost impossible to get anything but negative shit about the company :lol:

13 hours ago, Coffey said:

She could probably pull off the Imperator Furiosa look. Shit, honestly, I'm sure Sonya could too. That might actually be pretty damn cool. They're both beautiful women, so I'm sure they'll be fine. If they go through with the stipulation though, that's some hardcore dedication. I remember being completely stunned when Molly Holly went through with it. Crazy.

I think both are dedicated. Sony seems so eager to make something work, and from what I've heard they've pitched many idead to the writing team, so maybe they can make this one work.

Suns losing their spot was heartbreaking, BUT! Lillard has been on a mission ever since losing to the Clippers and I never wanted to see a playoff series that much in a long time. Just really solid pro wrestling feuds, man.

Also, Rockets/Thunder will be a blast. Never rooted for CP3 but he actually had a face-turn during this seasons. Can't have a heel-heel confrontation.

30 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

Productivity will go to shit though, at last I know mine will. Champion's League has taught me for years how to watch a big game and sill do work but having games from 1 pm on it's gonna be a big test.

Dude after Friday's game I'll be glued to the tv screen. It's a good thing that the timezones kinda help me watch NBA games, but I'll be tuned in forever.

The NBA (and also the NHL) has done amazing work trying to salvage what they can out of the season/playoffs and end up having exciting games because of it.  Plus their bubble setup has kept covid at bay and shows the rest of the US we could have been past all this shit by now if we acted like adults and followed instructions for a few months.

Hockey and Basketball feel not so different without crowds imo. Baseball maybe when the games have stakes, but not right now. Not sure how NFL is going to feel. Eagles are my fave sports team, but of all sports it seems like the NFL will be the hardest to watch without the crowd atmosphere. Haven't watched anything current in wrestling in about three months, and not much in 2020 overall really. Not sure if losing interest in wrestling would've happened as fast without the pandemic. I think I'm mostly burnt out on wrestling more than turned off by the lack of fans 

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/south-carolina-man-arrested-kidnapping-charge-athome-sonya-deville?utm_source=TW-FightfulWrestling&utm_medium=Fightful Wrestling News&utm_campaign=dlvr.it.organic

Real scary situation where some guy came down to Florida from South Carolina to try to kidnap Sonya Deville. He showed up to her house and even got inside. Thankfully she made it out and the guy is in jail. Apparently he'd been stalking her on Social media.

8 hours ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Hockey and Basketball feel not so different without crowds imo. Baseball maybe when the games have stakes, but not right now. Not sure how NFL is going to feel. Eagles are my fave sports team, but of all sports it seems like the NFL will be the hardest to watch without the crowd atmosphere.

Yeah, the crowd is a lot bigger deal for NFL games than NBA games. Like, I'm a Green Bay Packers fan. There's no Lambeau Leap without any fans. 

The Molly Holly hair match was a good strong match on a strong WM card.  A female hair match is absolutely a draw and I don't think they've done one since then.  It's a good way to elevate the Mandy-Sonya program and add a big stip match to SummerSlam.

I'd have Sonya win to really put her over strong, it's great heat, and I think Mandy would look good with a shaved head.  I have a feeling Asuka is going to lose to Banks and beat Bayley, moving to Smackdown.  Sonya would be a good heel to pair her with, and they can do something else with Mandy and Otis