Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Rampage - 20th August 2021

Stiva

AKA CM Punk’s “surprise” debut.

Moxley takes on Daniel Garcia, Jurassic Express have Private Party in that thrown together tag tournament and Cargill will flex her way through Kiera Hogan. Hopefully, we hear Eddie Kingston’s response to Miro too but this is really a one angle show so let’s hope they stick the landing.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

hope it's just one cinematic segment following punk's pov all the way to the ring

Whole show is one long ass tracking shot like Henry walking through the restaurant kitchen in Goodfellas. 

Also how wild would it be if Punk debuts, the Elite come out and surround the ring ready to beat his ass and Punk's like "oh you thought I came alone?" then Final Countdown starts playing.

4 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Don't think it would make sense for them to debut both Punk and DB on the same episode. Specially when they haven't really hyped anything. 

I mean, it doesn't make normal pro wrestling sense for them to have Punk debuting and never directly say so on TV leading up to it, so at this point I'm thinking all sense is out the window. 

They gotta have him live tonight.

They've teased him too much and they have a massive reaction and moment (and buzz) in the palm of their hands. Just announcing he's signed and will debut at All Out or doing a swerve would be such a weird and needless move just to get their own audience pissed off.

Yeah I love this, feels like it did back in 96-97 having two companies doing big moves to counter each other and it being awesome for wrestling fans. Watching the younger generation that only knows decades of a monopoly get to experience this warms my normally cold, dead heart lol. 

Is the United Center a legit sell out tonight? If so that’s really impressive to me and no way they pull a bait and switch in that situation. EDIT - accordingly to this close enough I guess https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/08/16/aew-rampage-the-first-dance-special-isnt-quite-a-sellout-just-yet/

Edited by Flyin' Brian
Add link

1 minute ago, Jmare007 said:

He looks so damn happy, that's dope.

Yeah the saddest part of what happened with him was how WWE so thoroughly killed his passion for the thing he spent his whole life doing. Seeing him get emotional at hearing the response was a great great moment.