Pro Wrestling Only

Jeff Hardy has incident, sent home from the road

sek69

Reports are coming in about a weird situation where Jeff Hardy was working a tag match at a house show, seemed to just kind of slow down and tag out, then leave through the crowd with security following after him. WWE sent him home the next day, and the way the reports seem to be worded is like it's not the "no condition to perform" you would expect but it's almost as if he just said fuck it mid match and just walked out.  Obviously considering his past it's easy to make assumptions but this seems like something odd is going on. 

Rolls out at 10:55 but spends most of the time before that FIP on the mat. 

Not saying a leopard doesn't change its spots but arriving in no condition is one thing. Sending that leopard out into a match and expecting people to work around it is something else entirely. That's where my blame is lying right now. 

It really doesn't seem like he's the typical "no condition to perform" though. If it wasn't Jeff Hardy it would just look like someone half assing in a house show match that probably happens every day of the year in normal circumstances.  Especially how no one else in the match (or the ref) seems to have any concerns. We've all seen it where something goes wrong and everyone just stops until either the moment passes or the person can't continue. 

Couldn't it be just his body giving out on him? Dude's in his 40's, has had loads of substance abuse issues, and has put his body through hell in the ring. Sad to watch, but it's not exactly surprising if he just felt something was off and figured he'd be better off bailing than risking something serious happening.

This whole story is just so weird, from the incident itself to everyone's reaction to it, to WWE moving so quickly to release him, to all the WWE people going to Twitter sharing their stories about how universally loved Jeff is (usually WWE people never comment so specifically on releases like that), it just seems like there's still more to this story than what has come out so far. 

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

This whole story is just so weird, from the incident itself to everyone's reaction to it, to WWE moving so quickly to release him, to all the WWE people going to Twitter sharing their stories about how universally loved Jeff is (usually WWE people never comment so specifically on releases like that), it just seems like there's still more to this story than what has come out so far. 

Yeah, people seem way to fast to assume it's just another drug relapse. This seems very different than, say, the match with Sting at Victory Road 2011. I'm definitely in the "wait and see" camp.

One thing worth noting is that this is Jeff's first Christmas without his father. Who passed away in April. They were extremely close. And raised Matt and Jeff after his mother passed away from brain Cancer when he was 9 years old. It is more than understandable that he returned to old coping habits if that is what happened. 

I so want this not to be a relapse, but there's also the issue that its unclear how clean Jeff really has been all along.

My brother is a recovering "hard drug" (opiates mostly, but he also did plenty of coke) user and has been clean for the past 8 years, but prior to that, he'd go 6 months here, 3 months there, etc. At some point he realized that he couldn't have a couple beers watching a football game or even a single beer with dinner, couldn't take a hit of marijuana, etc. because these things would lead him back to harder drugs.

Jeff Hardy was arrested twice in 2019 for alcohol (public intox and DUI) and speaking as someone who had a DUI himself, its not 100% clear that he didn't have other drugs in his system at those times either (when I got my shameful DUI, I was very lucky that I didn't have any weed in the car, but I'd definitely smoked pot that night too). An arrest for a DUI does not mean an automatic blood or piss test (I took a road test that I failed miserably and then a breathalyzer that I also failed miserably). 

Dave mentioned that Jeff "wasn't right" even before the match (in response to Garrett saying at first he thought it look like he got his bell rung), which begs the question why the FUCK was he allowed in the ring? They fired Arn for allowing Alica Fox to get in the ring messed up, so they have a track record for not putting up with that kind of nonsense.